Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Flint of The Prodigy RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Stab*City wrote: »
    That linked article is such a load of tripe.

Ah sure thats Dublin City lad..

It's not all about Limerick ciddy...

Yurt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Ah sure thats Dublin City lad..

It's not all about Limerick ciddy...

Yurt

yurt ow da

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Wow, that really is a terrible article. I think he's actually trying to say that the Prodigy appearance in the Trinity Ball was the introduction of the underground dance scene to Ireland. :confused:

Tool bag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Wrote by gimp barely out nappys, wtf would he know about the rave scene in Dublin he's never experienced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

I totally agree with you, definitely Limerick or Cork had a better rave culture than Dublin.

Clare had underground illegal Raves going on in the forests in Clare back in 92 until around 97.

A lot of the new age travellers were pumping out the bpm's up there near Scarrif and Tuamgraney.
    Happy hard-core and gabba mixed with light shows, the local farmers even joined in....

Way before it was hitting the mainstream, so i think Trinners was well behind the times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Not sure if this has been posted already, this interview with the band is from November 18. Keith looks lost.

that minute at around 15:30 :(

Seen that. Heartbraking. Makes me think about friends I've lost through suicide and never seen the warning signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Did Flint have alopecia? Genuine question. In that video, it looks like he has no facial hair - eyebrows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You seem to be taking some glee or pleasure out of this lad's death? I wonder could you share with the group what makes suicide such a jolly topic for you?

Or is it the negative reaction you crave? We're here to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Seen that. Heartbraking. Makes me think about friends I've lost through suicide and never seen the warning signs.

seen what...i dont get it? ... he looked ok to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Macdarack wrote: »

:) Very much like those clips from that 'Electronic Punks' VHS tape. I must dig that out up the attic. Of course i've nothing to watch it on, but I'd like to dig it out from up there anyways. Was loads of hours entertainment back in the 90's watching it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Great video this, I love the way they use some of the crowd footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Any of ye ever listen to this absolute badass mix from Howlett? Its just a perfect example of the mish mash of raw sound Liam Howlett was able to create and produce in the same vein as the works from 'MFTJG' onwards. Go to track two and hear him blend in 'The Charlatans' with the likes of the 'Psychedelic Skratch Bastards' and 'Melvin Bliss' - 'AC/DC' mixed into 'Janes Addiction' and then into 'KRS-One'. Its just f**king brilliant. You can see the influences of all the breaks and the varied artists Howlett was into to be able to make his own band cross the genres to make the last great forward pushing pop chart music tunes, the likes of 'Firestarter' 'Breathe' and 'Smack my Bitch up'
    I really hope Liam will still create his music, blend the breaks and do what he do. Maybe now do something like this here but different at the sametime. He's a total genius. This mix is f**king class. Do it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Any of ye ever listen to this absolute badass mix from Howlett? Its just a perfect example of the mish mash of raw sound Liam Howlett was able to create and produce in the same vein as the works from 'MFTJG' onwards. Go to track two and hear him blend in 'The Charlatans' with the likes of the 'Psychedelic Skratch Bastards' and 'Melvin Bliss' - 'AC/DC' mixed into 'Janes Addiction' and then into 'KRS-One'. Its just f**king brilliant. You can see the influences of all the breaks and the varied artists Howlett was into to be able to make his own band cross the genres to make the last great forward pushing pop chart music tunes, the likes of 'Firestarter' 'Breathe' and 'Smack my Bitch up'
    I really hope Liam will still create his music, blend the breaks and do what he do. Maybe now do something like this here but different at the sametime. He's a total genius. This mix is f**king class. Do it.

Quality, I've downloaded this. The back to mine mix from 2005 was decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

The only time I saw Prodigy was at Slane as a support act for Oasis. I had lost everyone and was found raving by myself on the hill wearing a gold cowboy hat, giving it stacks. A good memory and one I'm sure Keith would have approved of, R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Great video this, I love the way they use some of the crowd footage.

Wow awesome video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

buried wrote: »
    :) Very much like those clips from that 'Electronic Punks' VHS tape. I must dig that out up the attic. Of course i've nothing to watch it on, but I'd like to dig it out from up there anyways. Was loads of hours entertainment back in the 90's watching it.

Here's your brother. I must've watched it daily during the 90's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Electronic punks is on youtube in full ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Reported that he died from hanging.
    It makes the news sadder that he took his own life having been so full of life
    and with so much living left to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Reported that he died from hanging.
    It makes the news sadder that he took his own life having been so full of life
    and with so much living left to do.

That news appeared a day or two after the news of his death broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That news appeared a day or two after the news of his death broke.

I suppose, it's being reported officially now after an inquest was held.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

http://trinitynews.ie/2019/03/the-night-the-prodigy-played-trinity-ball/

That linked article is some pile of Shyte!

"Bar one occasion where they recorded the ground-breaking soundtrack to the video game Wipeout" - FFS they had one song on the soundtrack. Talk about badly researched. Recorded - it was Firestarter that was on Wipeout. It wasn't recorded specifically for the game. The ****ín dope

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    http://trinitynews.ie/2019/03/the-night-the-prodigy-played-trinity-ball/

That linked article is some pile of Shyte!

"Bar one occasion where they recorded the ground-breaking soundtrack to the video game Wipeout" - FFS they had one song on the soundtrack. Talk about badly researched. Recorded - it was Firestarter that was on Wipeout. It wasn't recorded specifically for the game. The ****ín dope

Sounds to me they are getting confused with Fatboy Slim doing Rollcage.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0282918/?ref_=_147

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Sounds to me they are getting confused with Fatboy Slim doing Rollcage.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0282918/?ref_=_147

I had that prodigy track set to permanently play when I played wipeout. I think every wipeout game since then has had an inferior soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Thanks for that. That was amazing. What an epic lightshow :)

Keith,still making me grin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

16573a66-d93f-43a6-804f-caf2493977d7.jpg

The Nal wrote: »
    16573a66-d93f-43a6-804f-caf2493977d7.jpg

An impromptu rave took place in the streets near the graveyard, it was always gonna happen. Great send off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/Mixmag/status/1111646311453986817

This is how you do it.

Rest easy.

*Firestarter on repeat again*

Advertisement