Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gryfothegreat

kcera wrote: »
    Can we request to get an email about our offer?

Nope, but you can get them to send you a text. Just log in to your application, click on change personal details and select yes when they ask if you want to get sms updates from the CAO, just under where they ask you to enter your mobile number. I just did it there, I have work in the morning and I don't want to wait up until 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

uhm what's "the paper" ?

Sorry force of habit. I meant the Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Boards crashed last year, iirc.

Ya that's because everyone was refreshing the page while I was trying to post the pics.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Ya that's because everyone was refreshing the page while I was trying to post the pics.. :pac:

Any chance you'll be bored later and still near that tesco? I hear the thrill of robbing newspapers always pulls people back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Hey guys. Back when i did the leaving in 2012 some guy put up pics of the points for each course from the Irish Times on this. Anyone doing it this year. My friends getting her results and like anyone wants to know ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

I know everyone is saying the IT publishes the points as a supplement, I think the Independent do the CAO aswell, is that also a supplement or could it be sourced online at 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Forart14

For anyone that doesn't want to wait up until 6am, I'm not sure if this is already mentioned but download the Irish times app and buy a copy of tomorrow's paper. It will be available at 3am! Oh also it's €2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Forart14

Forart14 wrote: »
    For anyone that doesn't want to wait up until 6am, I'm not sure if this is already mentioned but download the Irish times app and buy a copy of tomorrow's paper. It will be available at 3am! Oh also it's €2.99.

Or if anyone's parents have a subscription to the Irish times on their mobile/iPad etc, screenshot all the offers and post it in the thread for the rest of us to enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SC2020

Nope, but you can get them to send you a text. Just log in to your application, click on change personal details and select yes when they ask if you want to get sms updates from the CAO, just under where they ask you to enter your mobile number. I just did it there, I have work in the morning and I don't want to wait up until 6!

What time do you get the text at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I think last year the offers weren't on the digital paper until after 6AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gryfothegreat

SC2020 wrote: »
    What time do you get the text at?

9 a.m. apparently? I'm not too sure tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Hopefully somebody will get the paper as the Cao website will be down in the morning I would say..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 xfm

Anyone know, is this true lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Just waiting for the first person to say X IS NOW 630 POINTS GUYS, NO ONE GETS IT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Kremin wrote: »
    Just waiting for the first person to say X IS NOW 630 POINTS GUYS, NO ONE GETS IT!!

I heard arts in Galway is gone up to 525... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Kremin wrote: »

ha

Forart14 wrote:

Forart14 wrote:
    Or if anyone's parents have a subscription to the Irish times on their mobile/iPad etc, screenshot all the offers and post it in the thread for the rest of us to enjoy

I don't think that they're allowed post it online until after 6am. It hasn't been on the website before that in previous years so I doubt it'll change this year

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

I heard arts in Galway is gone up to 525... :pac:

Me nerves are bad enough as it is :pac:

Papers aren't coming into shops until 3 or 4, been told in three different locations, anything before that's probably hocum, if this eases anyones nerves

Edit: this is in Dublin though, May be different across the country

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

maxtor100 wrote: »
    I wonder what the chances of the CAO website crashing at about 6am are? Something tells me it will considering thousands will be logging on at once. The thoughts of having to wait for an extra hour or something... ugh

It will definitely be very laggy.
    aquse wrote: »
    I don't think enough people give a **** to wake up at 6.

You'd be surprised.

See my post here. They usually don't have the full supplement online until the offers are out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebecca1472

Hoping that English and Religion in MDI comes down by 5 points. Other wise it's arts in NUIG...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

How many people are going doing arts in Galway?

And if so, what subjects are ye going to do? ;)
    (I'm nosy)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Jijsaw wrote: »

(I'm nosy)

hoping to do Spanish economics and politics :)

(I'm nosy)

If needs must and I take the course, hoping to do English, geography (??) and maybe psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Well lads, just a few hours now

May your wifi connection be ever in your favour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I had it down as my 5th choice I think, I probably would have done French, German and I believe they offer IT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Do you not have to do four? I'm not doing Arts but I thought the people I know doing Arts did four subjects in first year? :o

I had it down as my 5th choice I think, I probably would have done French, German and I believe they offer IT?

They do indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Papers dont come in till 4ish in most shops to be honest...everyone get some rest
    aand stop panicking:)

• Advertisement

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Do you not have to do four? I'm not doing Arts but I thought the people I know doing Arts did four subjects in first year? :o

They changed it to just 3 for whatever reason :)

Advertisement