Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Johnjoeboy wrote: »
    How many points will science in Nuig go up by.i have 15 points above it??

Nobody knows, but I've heard tell that a lot of people have applied for Science in NUIG, so be prepared for it to jump.
    gracew wrote: »
    I'm 30 points off the course I want and the points have been the same for the past 4 years (460). I was approved for the hear scheme but could anyone tell me what are the chances I'll get my first choice come 6am?

As far as I know, the HEAR can add up to 10%, which should bring you to about 15 above it. I could be wrong there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

Yeah it was 405 dropped down to 400 last year do hoping it stays exactly the same

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Going for medicine in NUIG, have 732 and DARE so pretty sure I'm in but I can't let myself believe it till I see it! I still keep thinking some kind of disaster is going to happen or I messed up my cao or something! Kinda funny how some of us will be in the same course in college and won't have a clue who each of us are from here and if we have spoken. We should all wear nametags or something :P

Really wanna stay up but have work at 6:30 :( Don't know if it's worth it, already hungover :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

I'm going for computer science in NUIG, it was 420 the last two years and I have 465. I'd say I'll be fine but it's hard not to be nervous, haha.

Nobody knows, but I've heard tell that a lot of people have applied for Science in NUIG, so be prepared for it to jump.
    Blue giant wrote: »
    Hopefully not that much. I have a friend who has 410. I think demand dropped slightly for science this year so I'd say you're safe.

And that's why we say nobody has a clue what the points are going to be :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ecrivain

Yeah it was 405 dropped down to 400 last year do hoping it stays exactly the same

It's actually gone up 5-10 points every year since 2011 (according to the NUIG website) but either way you should be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lucky Leprechaun

Hello,

Tomorrow when I log into the CAO, I will get a list of offers but what then? Do I have to accept one or how does it work and how much time do I have to decide? I have no idea what the protocol for tomorrow is! PLEASE HELP

Thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

Has it cause on the qualifax website it said science in NUIG was i think 385 then jumped to 405 then dropped to 400 last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I'm 145 points over, so I think I'll be able to sleep soundly and accept my offer tomorrow when I wake up :D it's the accommodation I'm worried about now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Hello,

Tomorrow when I log into the CAO, I will get a list of offers but what then? Do I have to accept one or how does it work and how much time do I have to decide? I have no idea what the protocol for tomorrow is! PLEASE HELP

Thank you,

You have until next Monday at 5:15 to accept the offer so you don't have to rush into it! You might get two offers - one from the level 8 list and one from the level 6/7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Has it cause on the qualifax website it said science in NUIG was i think 385 then jumped to 405 then dropped to 400 last year

http://caopointschecker.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ecrivain

Qualifax is most definitely wrong it seems. You can view all points for all courses for the last 17 years on the cao site cao.ie/?page=points

• Registered Users Posts: 18 maxtor100

I wonder what the chances of the CAO website crashing at about 6am are? Something tells me it will considering thousands will be logging on at once. The thoughts of having to wait for an extra hour or something... ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

maxtor100 wrote: »
    I wonder what the chances of the CAO website crashing at about 6am are? Something tells me it will considering thousands will be logging on at once. The thoughts of having to wait for an extra hour or something... ugh

I don't think enough people give a **** to wake up at 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

i think the send you an email at 6 so you could check that if the site is down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I stayed up all night, 3 years ago when my brother was getting his CAO results because he was in a place without internet. I went on at exactly 6am and the bloody thing had already crashed :rolleyes:

I'd say the site is going to be down for a good while. I was using it at about half 3 or four o clock the day the deadline closed, it was cat. Tomorrow will be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

aquse wrote: »
    I don't think enough people give a **** to wake up at 6.

They do. Sure it crashes every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

Out scouting to see if anyone has the paper, but it seems very early. My dad's taking me out but we'll see how it goes. Chances are it's far too early though

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Can we request to get an email about our offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

guitargirl wrote: »
    Out scouting to see if anyone has the paper, but it seems very early. My dad's taking me out but we'll see how it goes. Chances are it's far too early though

Way too early I'd say. Early morning (2/3/4) is your best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

They do. Sure it crashes every year.

They must have really **** servers. I'm surprised nobody DDoSes it to make the headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

They must have really **** servers. I'm surprised nobody DDoSes it to make the headlines.

Dont be giving lizard squad ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

Blue giant wrote:
    Way too early I'd say. Early morning (2/3/4) is your best chance.

That's what I was thinking. If I don't get it now, which I probably wont, hopefully I'll find a way to get it a bit later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

I'm surprised nobody DDoSes it to make the headlines.

They did

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/garda-inquiry-under-way-into-alleged-attacks-on-cao-website-1.643597

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

guitargirl wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. If I don't get it now, which I probably wont, hopefully I'll find a way to get it a bit later on.

Worth a shot anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Boards crashed last year, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lucky Leprechaun

uhm what's "the paper" ?

There's literally 3 dates a year where they're placed under any stress, if they can handle 5,000 requests at a time then they're fast enough for 99% of the time, it would be totally ridiculous to run servers to handle 30,000+ request's for the CAO.

• Advertisement

uhm what's "the paper" ?

Irish Times has a supplement with every course and its points

Advertisement