Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

hearsay wrote: »
    I got my Playstation collected nearly a week after having it first reserved for the cheaper black friday price

some sales staff can be very nice ans sound, considering the price went back up to over a 100€ more after the promotion.

Happy days

Agreed, always found the argos staff sound to honour price changes after reserving stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

RossieMan wrote: »
    Well you should be. That's not how the system works.

You can't have your cake, return it and expect to keep the cherries?

WELL ACTUALLY - I just returned the bike .. instead of having to collect it again at cheaper price they refunded the 30 to my CC.

They never mentioned the gift card (which is not running anymore)

I then was able to use it to buy other items and used the gift card too

So Cake and Cherries for me :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You got lucky then. They had every right to make you return the gitfcard.

Think of it as an extra Christmas present, curiosity of Argos.
    Always find them great to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

LizardKing wrote: »
    bought a kids bike yesterday for €119.99 and see it today for €89.99 .. am returning it now and rebuying ..fekkers

wonder will i be asked to return the €10 off voucher when returning :-/

try and use the same voucher, get it down to 79.99 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I reserved the x rocker cobra gaming chair on Black Friday, was advertised on there website momentarily for 69.99- was meant to be a saving of 69.99, but after showing screenshot they honored the deal, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

Ladies and Gents

I just got stung by my child for a last minute santy present, Is there anybody living near the Argos Clonmel store, and familiar with sending a package by courier service, DPD or nightline preferably

It would make my 9year child very happy Christmas morning!! and get me out of a lot of trouble too

The only store left in Ireland dont you know :eek::rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ladies and Gents

I just got stung by my child for a last minute santy present, Is there anybody living near the Argos Clonmel store, and familiar with sending a package by courier service, DPD or nightline preferably

It would make my 9year child very happy Christmas morning!! and get me out of a lot of trouble too

The only store left in Ireland dont you know :eek::rolleyes::eek:

What is it?
    Is it available in NI, North West?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

NIMAN wrote: »
    What is it?
    Is it available in NI, North West?

Or West Dublin/North Kildare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'm in Clonmel, can I help? What do you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

Hi all,

It happens to be a swegway-hoverboard, with particular striped lights and particular designed wheels

The only place available with stock is Clonmel, I have it reserved

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8670470/Trail/searchtext%3EHOVERBOARD.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Hi all,

It happens to be a swegway-hoverboard, with particular striped lights and particular designed wheels

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8670470/Trail/searchtext%3EHOVERBOARD.htm

Looks like you've the last one in the country I'm up north and could've picked one up for you but no stock anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Hi all,

If you need it shipped to you I can help - but unfortunately my knowledge of dpd etc is not great. Where abouts in the country are you? Maybe we could meet half way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Silver one on Sportsdirect hearsay if that's any help ? - https://ie.sportsdirect.com/zinc-smart-x-hoverboard-753033

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I reserved an amazon dot around black fri / cyber Monday @€;30.99
    They were out of stock and I was due to be notified between nov 29 - dec 1st for collection
    That never happened
    It’s in stock now at more than twice the price

Have I any chance of getting it at the original price
    I have a reservation code ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I reserved an amazon dot around black fri / cyber Monday @€;30.99
    They were out of stock and I was due to be notified between nov 29 - dec 1st for collection
    That never happened
    It’s in stock now at more than twice the price

Have I any chance of getting it at the original price
    I have a reservation code ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

You should have got an echo

The internet isn’t for everyone

3 weeks later, highly doubtful.

3 weeks later, highly doubtful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

Reserved LEGO Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter Toy Building Set on Monday for collection - price €80.99

Unfortunately I didn't get to collect.

Went to reserve again today and the price is now €119.99 !!

€39 difference, crazy price hike Argos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Frank03 wrote: »
    Reserved LEGO Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter Toy Building Set on Monday for collection - price €80.99

Unfortunately I didn't get to collect.

Went to reserve again today and the price is now €119.99 !!

€39 difference, crazy price hike Argos!

Probably in readiness for post Christmas sale where coincidentally there will be a near 40 euro reduction in it's price.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone manage to get the gamer monopoly? Had pre-ordered, was hoping to hear about it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭shawki

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone manage to get the gamer monopoly? Had pre-ordered, was hoping to hear about it this week.

I'm the same. Ordered for collection but haven't received any text that its in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

shawki wrote: »

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Ditto

same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Also ordered a My little pony set and no text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Also ordered a My little pony set and no text

Ordered that for my daughter last week, email said it was for collection on Thursday, went in on Thursday and the girl just said its not in and probably won't be in. Portlaoise store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭uli84

Went to collect my reservation for some game, got told it’s not in. This is getting ridiculous at this stage, wasted my time and petrol :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

uli84 wrote: »
    Went to collect my reservation for some game, got told it’s not in. This is getting ridiculous at this stage, wasted my time and petrol :/

Did you reservation email have a reservation number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭uli84

Did you reservation email have a reservation number?

Yeah, had the number, went to the counter with it and was told that it’s not in :/ forgetting time&petrol, also was a Christmas pressie :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

shawki wrote: »

without the confirmation text you're wasting your time going near them. Most of us have learnt that now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Would they send a confirmation email if you didn't provide a phone number?

embraer170 wrote: »
    Would they send a confirmation email if you didn't provide a phone number?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Berberis

Apparently this Lego is reduced from €199.99 down to €20.99

Edit: not sure if it is Lego

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Berberis

loki7777 wrote: »

Cheers Not a bargain either at €19.99 or €199.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Do the individual Argos stores have their own phone numbers?
    If you go onto Argos website and click on ‘contact us’ it only shows one generic phone number....ring it and you can only talk to a ‘computer’....no human option.
    The product I am looking up is out of stock all over Ireland.It is a Smartband,know someone who got one recently in Argos so I doubt if they are discontinued.
    So wanted to ring nearest store to see if they can order it in?...Can this be done?

Thanks for any replies.

If you go onto Argos website and click on ‘contact us’ it only shows one generic phone number....ring it and you can only talk to a ‘computer’....no human option.
    The product I am looking up is out of stock all over Ireland.It is a Smartband,know someone who got one recently in Argos so I doubt if they are discontinued.
    So wanted to ring nearest store to see if they can order it in?...Can this be done?

Thanks for any replies.

No it can’t be done, check back next week and there might be an expected date of when the new stock will come in

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bill nye

Most will show up as Atlantic Dawn pointed out. As an aside I got a phone call from an argos store yesterday asking if I would be in to collect a reservation as they had a customer looking to buy the same item but no stock left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭brodsy

Thanks for any replies.

I just googled my local store- Killarney- & the telephone number is listed for it- you may be able to find your local store if you have an old receipt- it's probably listed on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No it can’t be done, check back next week and there might be an expected date of when the new stock will come in

Thanks.....do they generally say on the website if a product is being discontinued?.......
    Would go sussing out other Smartbands if I thought that the one I’m after was not just out of stock but actually not being ordered back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was just about to post that. I'll be grabbing that tomorrow myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

positron wrote: »
    While slightly more expensive, this Aldi set is way better value (reviewed well on hardness etc as well)

https://www.aldi.ie/100-piece-screwdriver-and-bit-set/p/097112258058900

Just picked up the Stanley set, but think I'll return it and get this Aldi one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ricko187

Is the amazon firestick the new 4k model or and older model? https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723/Trail/searchtext>Firestick.htm

It says 4k in the description but I'm not convinced.

ricko187 wrote: »
    Is the amazon firestick the new 4k model or and older model? https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723/Trail/searchtext>Firestick.htm

It says 4k in the description but I'm not convinced.

Your link doesn’t work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

degsie wrote: »

Doesn't work either but this one should

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=8798723&authToken=

It says 4k you would assume it is but considering they're selling on amazon direct for £49.99 I'd imagine it's the first gen. In saying that I know nadda about the things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7/ref=fs_mn

Best to get it from amazon really but no harm buying it and looking at the box and if it’s not 4K hand it back, Argos have a good refund policy

• Advertisement

I'll be picking one up if it's the 4k model. Will go in and ask in my local tomorrow.

Advertisement