Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tried to buy RDR on the Microsoft marketplace all morning for €12.89 and it wouldn't let me. Checked there again and it's now €29.99, fair disgusted tbh.

Well if rumours of an updated version for the Switch turn out to be true maybe Rockstar will release native versions for the current gen consoles and PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

tinimc wrote: »
    Minecraft came with the console and had to be downloaded but certain parts need the internet to work (don't ask cos i haven't a clue i just here this from the boys), we got Ben 10, Marvel Avengers, very basic games, my son is 8. so nothing too major.

Can you not get broadband at home. If gonna top up a card might as well put it towards bill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Can you not get broadband at home. If gonna top up a card might as well put it towards bill?

Broadband is the best solution but the last time I checked it was roughly €50 a month compared to something like €20 for mobile.

But if you kids want to play online then dsl or cable whichever is available is the better option and you can also download a lot more also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Evening all,

I’m looking for help agsin,

My son wants to buy FIFA coins.

So we went to gamestop and said this to guy in shop and he said buy Xbox credit.

Bought it. Brought home code on receipt.

He then redeemed code and now he can’t figure out how to buy the coins... please help me?

Lisha wrote: »
    Evening all,

I’m looking for help agsin,

My son wants to buy FIFA coins.

So we went to gamestop and said this to guy in shop and he said buy Xbox credit.

Bought it. Brought home code on receipt.

He then redeemed code and now he can’t figure out how to buy the coins... please help me?

Go to the store on the console and search for fifa (insert year here, I assume 18) points and you should get a list of points packs available for the game. Buy the one that is appropriate for the amount of credit purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Go to the store on the console and search for fifa (insert year here, I assume 18) points and you should get a list of points packs available for the game. Buy the one that is appropriate for the amount of credit purchased.

Thanks so much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

CatInABox wrote: »
    Despite me posting updates about their progress anytime news leaked out, I still honestly never thought that I'd see the day....

Kodi is available to install on Xbox One.

It's an alpha, and I'm having difficulty adding my network shares, but then again, it's Kodi, so what did I expect?

Complete Kodi newbie.

Does anyone know of a handy guide for getting the most out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So far I have only been able to get Adult Swim working, cant seem to get the likes of Specto or Exodus :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

So far I have only been able to get Adult Swim working, cant seem to get the likes of Specto or Exodus :(

That kind of discussion is frowned upon here....Official addons are ok but the third party mentions here are a no no.Plus Kodi on Xbox is a long way off from being complete,lots missing and bugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There are a few old Sega games on the store (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, etc.). Is there any way to play these on the Xbox One? I've had a quick look, and it seems they are only available for the 360, or am I missing something? :confused:

BDJW wrote: »
    There are a few old Sega games on the store (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, etc.). Is there any way to play these on the Xbox One? I've had a quick look, and it seems they are only available for the 360, or am I missing something? :confused:

The Mega Drive Sonic games work on the Xbox One through the backwards compatibility, not sure about the others.

Edit: Streets of Rage and Golden Axe also work.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

BDJW wrote:
    There are a few old Sega games on the store (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, etc.). Is there any way to play these on the Xbox One? I've had a quick look, and it seems they are only available for the 360, or am I missing something?

I have Xbox game pass and both streets of rage and golden axe are available on Xbox one through that so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be available to purchase on Xbox one.

The Mega Drive Sonic games work on the Xbox One through the backwards compatibility, not sure about the others.

Edit: Streets of Rage and Golden Axe also work.
    Donutz wrote: »
    I have Xbox game pass and both streets of rage and golden axe are available on Xbox one through that so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be available to purchase on Xbox one.

I'm being stupid here, but how do I actually get them to work? When I go to the store on my Xbox, I've no option to buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm being stupid here, but how do I actually get them to work? When I go to the store on my Xbox, I've no option to buy them.

for buying 360 games through the xbox one, I think you need to have a credit card or other payment method tied to your account.

Alternatively, you could try buying them through xbox.com and they'll show up in your 'ready to install' section.

for buying 360 games through the xbox one, I think you need to have a credit card or other payment method tied to your account.

Alternatively, you could try buying them through xbox.com and they'll show up in your 'ready to install' section.

Yup, the only way to buy 360 games with Microsoft Credit is on a 360.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads! All of this could be avoided if I bothered to set up my 360 as I have the Mega Drive Collection disc :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thanks lads! All of this could be avoided if I bothered to set up my 360 as I have the Mega Drive Collection disc :pac:

Diac should work in xbox one

Diac should work in xbox one

Used to work. Used to install Sonic 1,2 & 3 and Golden Axe but was patched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Really? Thats a joke. You own a backwards compatible disc that you cant use?

I have that collection. Presumed kids played it on one. Maybe they use 360 for it

Yeah unfortunately I tried it about a year ago when I got my One and it didn’t work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Quick question, if you dont have a headset but still want to be able to hear people through the TV, where do you go to see if this is enabled?

Also, dont suppose anyone has found a way to fix the recent players list? Mine is showing people from 3 weeks ago :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

joe123 wrote: »
    Quick question, if you dont have a headset but still want to be able to hear people through the TV, where do you go to see if this is enabled?

Also, dont suppose anyone has found a way to fix the recent players list? Mine is showing people from 3 weeks ago :confused:

go to options, audio output - output party through speakers

recent players is gammy with a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Anybody know how to set up the one x with bravia sync. It was possible with other versions of Xbox. Just cant seem to remember how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

joe123 wrote: »

Depends what games you play. For instance if you play PUBG you won't find anyone on the recently played list since the game is in the preview program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Depends what games you play. For instance if you play PUBG you won't find anyone on the recently played list since the game is in the preview program.

FIFA mainly. Its been way out of whack for about three weeks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just completed ff15 a Kings tale, did a few of the easy achievements but the didn't unlock, I think I remember someone saying they would unlock eventually, just want to make sure that's right?

Hococop wrote: »
    Just completed ff15 a Kings tale, did a few of the easy achievements but the didn't unlock, I think I remember someone saying they would unlock eventually, just want to make sure that's right?

You can kind of force them but not sure this still works given the amount of changes to the dash over the last year https://www.trueachievements.com/n25319/how-to-fix-done-unlocking-achievement-problems-on-xbox-one

I recall 2 in Far Cry Primal taking over 2 months to pop, they need to look at server side unlocks. PS4 is a pain having to manually sync but at least they work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

So having finally upgraded from the 360 I have been playing Fallout 4. I've been a fan of the Fallout games and it was the main reason I bought the xbox 1. I'm about 30 hours of game play into it and I have to say This is the best game ever!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yester wrote: »
    So having finally upgraded from the 360 I have been playing Fallout 4. I've been a fan of the Fallout games and it was the main reason I bought the xbox 1. I'm about 30 hours of game play into it and I have to say This is the best game ever!

One of the reason this didn't do as well as expected is because of the higher standard set by The Witcher 3. When you're done with the wasteland, take a look at that for another huge, great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

One of the reason this didn't do as well as expected is because of the higher standard set by The Witcher 3. When you're done with the wasteland, take a look at that for another huge, great game.

Have to agree with the Witcher. When I got my One X I bought Fallout 4 again. Both games and Horizon are probably the best 3 games to come to next gen in my eyes. A/C Origins is up there aswell. Best version since Black Flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You mustn't have played to many games so. It's not even the best Fallout game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

+1 for the witcher 3.

Stopped playing in 2015 for some reason. Went back to it on the One X and instantly hooked.

Just finished the main game and promised I would tackle some backlog before starting the dlc. So I'm about half way through the Blood and Wine dlc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Cool. I will check out Witcher 3 when I'm finished this in a years time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can kind of force them but not sure this still works given the amount of changes to the dash over the last year https://www.trueachievements.com/n25319/how-to-fix-done-unlocking-achievement-problems-on-xbox-one

I recall 2 in Far Cry Primal taking over 2 months to pop, they need to look at server side unlocks. PS4 is a pain having to manually sync but at least they work

I'm still waiting for the last achievement in Fractured But Whole to unlock :-/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Huh. Just found out that Virgin Media don't do IPv4 addresses anymore, meaning port forwarding is a no go. That's a bit of a bummer.

Huh. Just found out that Virgin Media don't do IPv4 addresses anymore, meaning port forwarding is a no go. That's a bit of a bummer.

Thats annoying, I know that everyone is trying to get everyone onto ipv6 but not everything works with it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Odd. I PM'd them on the TalkTo forum the other day and asked to be put back on IPV4.

Must be a new development?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

they still do but by default you are put on dslite you can request to be put back onto n ipv4 address

• Advertisement

Yeah, just have to request it. Was just a surprise, a weird extra step that I need to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Cool. I will check out Witcher 3 when I'm finished this in a years time.

Do I was sceptical after 2 but 3 is sooooooo good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any way to turn off auto renew on the console?

Tried doing it on the website and it says "We ran into an error while disabling autorenew".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Got onto xbox support and he couldn't cancel the auto renew.

Had to escalate it to management review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

F1ngers wrote: »
    Got onto xbox support and he couldn't cancel the auto renew.

Had to escalate it to management review.

Had a similar problem with EA access and couldn't remove my payment details even though I use prepaid codes.

They cancelled it and said they would send me a code for EA for 9 months but sent me Xbox Gold 12 months instead. :D happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

My Xbox one has displayed the "Black screen of death" , so if its gonna cost me €200 approx. for Microsoft to repair mine, I'm thinking about just buying a new xbox one.

Smyths =
    XBox1S 500gb (with Fifa18 + Minecraft or Rocket League) = €330
    XBox1S 1tb (Forza3 + Hot Wheels) = €299

Argos =
    XBox1S 500gb with various games (Shadow of War/Minecraft/Rocket Lge) = €259/299
    XBox1S 1tb (Minecraft Ltd Edition - Coloured console+ controller + gamepack) = €299

Anyone know of any deals? Or recommend where to buy a new Console...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

When/where did you buy it?

maximoose wrote: »
    When/where did you buy it?

June 16 at Insomia in the INEC in Killarney - Gamestop had a Stall there, with great deals on bundles....
    It stopped working last week .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have you a receipt or any proof of purchase?

IF you do, don't bother with MS - I'd be going to Gamestop for a replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've been watching dvds/blu rays lately on mine but have found the eject button not working straight away. Its not that the disc is spinning or anything. Is this a common thing or is mine on its way to the sh1t heap?

maximoose wrote: »
    Have you a receipt or any proof of purchase?

IF you do, don't bother with MS - I'd be going to Gamestop for a replacement

No receipt, but could find it on Credit card id say.
    A replacement ? after 18mths ? really?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement