Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psoriasis

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Wow eeloe there is such an improvement.
    My skin was never ever bad. My scalp had the majority of it with a bit on my hairline. A patch on my eyelid. In my ear, a little behind my ear, maybe three spots of it on my body, and the heavy plaque on my elbow.
    The only skin psoriasis I have left is this
    https://ibb.co/cZdTj9 Patch on my eyelid.

But I’m crippled with my joints I can’t close my hand some days. Random agony in my wrists and knees. I’m noticing the joint pain so much more on meds, all the right side of my body too. The left is nowhere near as bad.

I actually can't believe the difference myself, i thought i was imagining things to be honest...

Which meds are you taking? have you said it to your doctors that it's much worse while on the meds?

This year especially i'm noticing a lot of pain in my joints, but i just put it down to training(lifting weights and jiu jitsu) and i hope it is just that. I guess if i picked some sports that weren't as intense on the joints i'd probably be better off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m seeing my consultant in October so I’ll say it then
    I was only diagnosed in June after being in pain for years. I’m currently on my first week of 25mg methotrexate. Amazing for skin though

I was only diagnosed in June after being in pain for years. I’m currently on my first week of 25mg methotrexate. Amazing for skin though

Hopefully you can get some relief soon. Nothing worse than pain, have a bit of a dodgy lower back at the moment, so i'm off to the chiropractor tomorrow for an auld cracking session...looking forward to it!

Forgot to mention, I went to the gym last night for the first time since i got my injection last week....and it was the first time i didn't leave a dusting of flakes all over the floor....it was so brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Eeloe, that’s fantastic progress! I’m delighted for you. You must be thrilled ðŸ˜

I'm pretty happy to be honest, i think it might have a lot to do with being less stressed over the last week since i started the treatment.

We'll see how the next few weeks go.

Next shot on October 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I hope the pain goes away Sdc, I wish there was more awareness of it all, even among GPs.
    I was just remembering with my daughter the never ending days from years ago, when I was working full time and I was crippled from morning (obviously) until evening, pain pain pain, always. I used to cry in my bath in the morning with the hardship of it, just sitting there waiting to unlock myself for the day.

Now I'm complaining that I still have bits and pieces, but really the overall benefit in contrast to the past is undeniable. :)

You're started on a high dose ! I was started on 15 mg weekly, and just increased to 20 mg. Maybe it needs to override the conditioning to other meds or something.

edit : oh sure, I forgot. My rheumy is just cautious with me because... kidneys. Duh.

So around 5pm yesterday I started to feel really sick, empty reaching and just feeling drained.

Stelara or just a coincidence? Hopefully just a coincidence and I feel better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

eeloe wrote: »
    So around 5pm yesterday I started to feel really sick, empty reaching and just feeling drained.

Stelara or just a coincidence? Hopefully just a coincidence and I feel better today.

When are you due to get your bloods checked? For me it was a week after the first injection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I had psoriasis on my face for a few years, and tried everything. The thing that calmed it down the best was talcum powder, you will notice the difference with a few hours after dabbing it with talcum powder. Then in July I went on a camping holiday to Kent for a week. The sun was very hot (46 deg in the tent and 36 outside). I spent 95% of my time walking about with a sun hat. When I came home the psoriasis was gone, not a trace of it. I told this to my doc and he says the cure for it is sun. It worked for me.

brevity wrote: »
    When are you due to get your bloods checked? For me it was a week after the first injection

not for 2 months?

• Advertisement

not for 2 months?

Hmmm...that’s interesting.

I was told weeks 1, 4, 12 for bloods

right, i might have to call the Stelara people and see what they say, i'll be waiting a while for a call back from my derm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

right, i might have to call the Stelara people and see what they say, i'll be waiting a while for a call back from my derm.

I’m waiting for him to call me too. Won’t be until Friday at least. I would leave off what happened to you yesterday but if it hsppyagsin go straight to your GP

Gael23 wrote: »
    I’m waiting for him to call me too. Won’t be until Friday at least. I would leave off what happened to you yesterday but if it hsppyagsin go straight to your GP

My GP just called in to me in work(long story, completely irrelevant) and he said just call down tomorrow and get some bloods done, no harm in it really.

i008ds3mhzo11.jpg

results after 8 days....

It’s good stuff alright.

Might have to touch up the tattoos:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

It's fairly annoying on a tattoo. Yours has cleared up really well Eeloe, hope it continues on the same path!!

Here's my own. I just moisterise and once a week dab some dovobet on it. Good days and bad days, today would be a bad day, it normally isn't this red and noticeable but it's probably something I've eaten or drank in the last few days to set it off.

29zwnld.jpg

It’s good stuff alright.

Might have to touch up the tattoos:)

Feck the tattoos at this stage, the ones on my legs are completely destroyed from it, I don’t even mind once the skin is clear!

rizzee wrote: »
    It's fairly annoying on a tattoo. Yours has cleared up really well Eeloe, hope it continues on the same path!!

Here's my own. I just moisterise and once a week dab some dovobet on it. Good days and bad days, today would be a bad day, it normally isn't this red and noticeable but it's probably something I've eaten or drank in the last few days to set it off.

29zwnld.jpg

It certainly in annoying, you know yourself, sitting for hours getting a piece done, and then healing it for 2-3weeks and then a few years later for it to be destroyed from the psoriasis. Nightmare.

Is that all that you have? Or is it other places too?

Feck the tattoos at this stage, the ones on my legs are completely destroyed from it, I don’t even mind once the skin is clear!

I’ve no tattoos but I do plan on getting one when I’m 40 which isn’t too far away...

• Advertisement

It certainly in annoying, you know yourself, sitting for hours getting a piece done, and then healing it for 2-3weeks and then a few years later for it to be destroyed from the psoriasis. Nightmare.

Is that all that you have? Or is it other places too?

Regarding tattoos that's my forearm, I have it fully up my arm and onto chest then a full rib and side piece and a leg piece.

With the psoriasis I have it on small dots in my chest then in my scalp and sometimes eyebrows/eyelids.

It's comes and goes but it's always there in places if you get me ! I reckon it's 90% diet that outcomes flare ups

I’ve no tattoos but I do plan on getting one when I’m 40 which isn’t too far away...

I got one this year, on the inside of my bicep and it fully broke out in guttate...if you are getting a big one for the 40th, i’d suggest getting a smaller one first and see how it heals. I’m not too sure about tatts while on stelara. Normally takes me 3-4 weeks to heal one, i’d say it’ll take even longer on this gear.

rizzee wrote: »
    Regarding tattoos that's my forearm, I have it fully up my arm and onto chest then a full rib and side piece and a leg piece.

With the psoriasis I have it on small dots in my chest then in my scalp and sometimes eyebrows/eyelids.

It's comes and goes but it's always there in places if you get me ! I reckon it's 90% diet that outcomes flare ups

Yours does sound kind of reactive alright the way it comes and goes, if you can pin point a trigger it might eliminate it for you altogether?

Mine was just too extreme, had to get medicated for it.

Yours does sound kind of reactive alright the way it comes and goes, if you can pin point a trigger it might eliminate it for you altogether?

Mine was just too extreme, had to get medicated for it.

That's what I'm hoping for, also a combination with the weather too...getting colder certainly effects it. It was a lot worse, I've had 2 rounds of light treatment, the last being over 2 years ago and it hasn't come back anyway as bad as it was, touch wood :)

How are you getting on eeloe?

Hey,

Getting on good now today.

From about Tues/Wed last week, until yesterday i felt absolutely horrible, but i seem fine today.

My blood results came back perfect, and the skin is still clearing, but it has slowed down clearing a bit...but it's still clearing, so that's good!

Hopefully what i had for the last few days was actually a bit of a bug, and not actually side effects....we'll see when the next injection comes around! :)

jma4uilydyp11.jpg

Day 13 update.

i thought it was slowing down clearing....it appears it's working faster in some places than others...my legs are quite bad, but my arms, back, and face have partially or completely cleared.

How many tattoos do you have?

How many tattoos do you have?

too many....

a two full sleeves basically, a chest piece, and some on my legs!

:D

• Advertisement

Unreal progress! I'd say you feel like a new person!

Advertisement