Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Finding a packet of sweeties in my coat pocket that I'd totally forgotten about...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sharing my bed on a chilly night with a big warm furry critter that purrs...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Book I ordered arrived bright and early this morning, wasn't expecting it to arrive for another while. Yay.

About to have a second breakfast makes me very happy,,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

NOT using LinkedIn.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Advertisement

Ah clogs! If they are unvarnished, it damages the wood if they get damp and stay damp so the person is getting all the muck off them very effectively - and painfully to you! Had clogs in my Amsterdam days...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

found a wallet in the city today - handed it into the cops..

TA cos now the owner will most likely get it back (assuming they go to the cops for it) - had lots of cash and cards in it etc..

glad it wasn't picked up by someone who wudda just happily taken it home with em etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Encountered some really nice people today, just in passing, in shops and so on.

Small courtesies all around, they just make life so much nicer.

Once again my wee home is well stocked - and the "picker and packer" sent me some chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The staff of Wexford general who did incredible work under pressures . There are very good people in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Spaghetti Bolognese

Simple and delicious 😋

Ah so many so-called small /trivial happinesses.. Just so blessed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I stupidly left my camera lens cap on a park bench and when I returned the next day it was still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I have a lovely Friday night feeling. I love the tiredness after a week of hard work, it feels like you've earned the sleep in on Saturday.

To thine own self be true

just life - v happy - no complaints..

When I was teaching full time I ran a ballet school on Saturdays then Sunday school.... The variety was refreshing..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A super nice evening, gym… takeaway… Netflix… organizing social plans for next week and literally zero to do for a couple of days 😋

About to try to set my new TV up...

Cocordinating space and a socket in my small room... Never seen Irish TV,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Great to see no condensation on the windows the last few mornings.

• Advertisement

A gentle early stroll down the lane soon after seven. Most take their dog; my cat came with me..Soring has arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bought a six pack of Hunky Dory's in Dunnes this morning.

Opened up when I got home and was pleasantly surprised to see that there were seven packets in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

At one stage of my life, I moved about quite a bit as a result I had multiples of many common items. Hygiene items, skin and tooth care, hairbrushes and the like.

Last week I started to use my second last bottle of shampoo while making my way through the last tube of scrub, it makes me th that these are getting used up and the money saved, while the cartons go into recycling.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A day ahead.. peaceful Sunday... a "maybe" day... Maybe a walk to the beach... maybe sort the garden..maybe just stay abed and watch whatever I find to watch...

Peaceful? as soon as I typed that two of the cats decided to squabble!

OMG the sun was out here for an hour... woo hoo.. was so good to feel it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

The light this evening is just beautiful in that sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

WE ARE THE REDMEN

WE ARE THE REDMEN

hmmm you know that feeling you get when you eat something your body and mind loves... hmm.. like a happy dance in your tummy.. just got that feeling after dinner tonight - twas just a savoury mince dish but it was nicer than usual - maybe cos the meat was really really fresh - dunno.. got it from the same butcher as usual in the market.. hmm..

PS no alcohol or drugs was consumed during this meal

Watching the football and the camera team cutting to a shot of Alex Ferguson shaking his head and glowering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,471 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was watching Liverpool beat Man United 7-0 with my brother (who is a United fan)...when our 4-year-old nephew video-calls (with the help of his Mammy/my sister) to chant to my brother that Liverpool are the best! 🤣

Advertisement