Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

had the day off yday and so today feels like a Monday to me - woo hoo.. gonna be a short week

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A peaceful indoor day... rain is sheeting down so in the right place. ... now where is that coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Pottering in the greenhouse, in the sunshine, looking at my little seedlings, radio on, bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My 5th year English teacher and year head just DM'd me on Twitter with a recommendation for a book she thought I'd enjoy. Kind of nice to be remembered - and thought of - 25 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Standing back and observing a freshly cut lawn just after i step off it with the mower....

The first mouthful of a freshly poured first pint.......

Finishing a big painting job and admiring a job well done....

Falling to sleep on a brand new pillow.......

A long awaited parcel from Amazon dropping through the letterbox.....

Checking my bank account and seeing confirmation that my wages has gone in.........

Seeing my kids enjoying themselves and being happy.......

Sitting down to tuck into the Xmas dinner........

The needle hitting the groove on my favourite vinyl album.......

My dog excitedly jumping up on my when i get in from work.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When I get things under control in work.

Waffle crisps.

King crisps.

Crisps.

Two weeks of food supplies, for the cats and myself, brought inside, bag at a time, from the gate where they get delivered. .. , bag at a time... in the fresh ocean air. All stocked up..

• Advertisement

oh wow thats v cool - what was the book dare I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Passing a group of design students in the park at lunchtime, standing around with tins of monster/red bull with their colourful hair and clothing, thrashing out the outfit they were going to work on this afternoon.

Many of them has acents and manerisms which say they are new to Ireland, all focued on the task in hand.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A lovely sleep, the best one I've had in months. It was badly needed.

during choir practice last night - there was 1 song in particular when I got a feeling of just zen; we were singing in perfect unison - like we gave life to the song.. in moments like that I loose all sense of where and I am, and time... hmmm..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Finally solved a really annoying mystery today, by pure chance.

At home, for about a month now, at random times during the day there is a series of really loud sharp flat bangs, almost like gunshots. Usually two sets of about six or seven.

I live in a cul de sac and sound bounces and travels and I just assumed it was coming from somewhere a few estates over.

Went for a walk at lunch later than usual today, and just as I walk past a neighbour three doors up, bang bang bang bang. Turn around and there's my neighbour absolutely smashing what looks like two large wooden clogs off each other in her concrete garden surrounded by concrete walls. Guessing they must be garden shoes.

TA at unnecessary clog noise but TH I finally know what it is.

Pints of Guinness with an old friend I haven't spoken to in years.

A cheerful upbeat song WITH good lyrics !

• Advertisement

Public transport

A snuggery on a cold morning... Oh that an old neighbour I have only met once in all my years here, admired tje cabled hat I knitted for my neighbour the ferryman and please will I make on for him... read and green Mayo colours!

Delighted! Yarn and needles ready...

Daffodils 🌼💐🌸❇️🌹🌺🌻

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

That I can go to bed when I need not when others do... cos there aint no others here. Not feeling good so sleep time calls...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fuji apples. Utterly delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s been an utterly successful and fun weekend….

great food, a successful trip to the gym, all my favourite sports teams winning…. And going to veg out in front of the TV watching the cricket later to finish off the weekend nice and relaxed.

A walk on a crisp sunny February day in the woods with a dog and no one else. Just so peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Lovely walk with a friend today. She gave out a bit about stuff in her life, thrn I gave out a bit. And we both felt better.

Cocaine Bear. It's my new favourite film.

• Advertisement

lol gee I do this with my bots after hikes "bang bang bang" - I actually did it this eve.. so its funny to think that there are people wondering what the source of this noise is ... ekk lol

Advertisement