Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making things better: your input is needed!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Give him a break, been a rough week around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

squibs wrote: »
    As usual it is assumed that any potenial meet up would occur in Dublin. 75% of the population lives outside Dublin. Can we rename the site Dublinboards.ie and have done with it?

And Frob - you are wielding the mod stick way too heavily. I'm taking a holiday from the forum for a few months. Fed up of the bitching tbh.

Just what is the problem exactly? No one is stopping you from organising a Cork meet up. No matter where it happens it won't be convenient for everyone. They organise meet ups on other forums but you don't see posters bitching about the geographical location.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

As usual it is assumed that any potenial meet up would occur in Dublin. 75% of the population lives outside Dublin. Can we rename the site Dublinboards.ie and have done with it?

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from organising one where ever you wish.
    And Frob - you are wielding the mod stick way too heavily. I'm taking a holiday from the forum for a few months. Fed up of the bitching tbh.

If you have a problem with a mod, then take it to the Help Desk.
    Whinging in thread is unacceptable.
    Frobisher is doing a sterling job under difficult circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Call the place dublinboards.ie and have done with it? But then who would use Dubs have to look down as we walk around the Pale drinking champagne in our Leinster jerseys paying homage to the Queen? :P

I think an outside Dublin meet up would be great. Anything that brings members of our community together can't be bad. I'm often in various parts of our island with work and if I was anywhere near a meet-up I'd be there in a flash. But be warned, the Ban-Stick is actually real and solid brass and it loves anyone from beyond the red cow round about.

I will be completely honest on any question or query related to my modding. The helpdesk board is the place to bring it though.

There has been a lot of cross fire here lately, I hope you reconsider the break as things will be improving as a result and at this stage it's better entertainment than Emmerdale Farm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

frobisher wrote: »
    Call the place dublinboards.ie and have done with it? But then who would use Dubs have to look down as we walk around the Pale drinking champagne in our Leinster jerseys paying homage to the Queen? :P

funny you mention that as i'm (still) wearing my jersey since yesterday, am surrounded by empty heineken bottles. that being said I can actually see two counties from out my window. And neither of them are dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

There has been a lot of cross fire here lately, I hope you reconsider the break as things will be improving as a result and at this stage it's better entertainment than Emmerdale Farm.

Ah squibbs is a stand-up guy. I got pretty fed-up with things myself here a few weeks back over modding decisions, and I said I wouldn't be back, but here I am. I really would like to see a few changes, even if it only illustrates the fact that the 'powers that be' are receptive to ideas thrown forward by the regular posters who keep the forum ticking-over.

Furthermore, Emmerdale is, well, basically ****. And finally, Frobisher, when did you re-emerge as a Mod? I have totally lost track, but I thought Brewer was te last Mod to be appointed?

TelePaul wrote: »
    Ah squibbs is a stand-up guy. I got pretty fed-up with things myself here a few weeks back over modding decisions, and I said I wouldn't be back, but here I am. I really would like to see a few changes, even if it only illustrates the fact that the 'powers that be' are receptive to ideas thrown forward by the regular posters who keep the forum ticking-over.

Furthermore, Emmerdale is, well, basically ****. And finally, Frobisher, when did you re-emerge as a Mod? I have totally lost track, but I thought Brewer was te last Mod to be appointed?

There has always been 2 mods for quite a while now. I've always been there in the background. I almost left but then didn't.

Emmerdale is ****?! How dare you!

There has always been 2 mods for quite a while now. I've always been there in the background. I almost left but then didn't.

Emmerdale is ****?! How dare you!

So Brewer is the other one, yeah?

So Brewer is the other one, yeah?

No, Paul is no longer a Mod. Fitz has taken his place. If you look down the bottom right of the main Music Production forum you will see the names of the forum (and category) mods.

No, Paul is no longer a Mod. Fitz has taken his place. If you look down the bottom right of the main Music Production forum you will see the names of the forum (and category) mods.

Lucutus and Karl Hungus? Never seen them post here.

• Advertisement

Lucutus and Karl Hungus? Never seen them post here.

They're C-mods. Get yourself familiar with how it all works round here! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055461510

They're C-mods. Get yourself familiar with how it all works round here! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055461510

Bureaucracy in action!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Bureaucracy in action!

Welcome, my son ... to the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Interesting.
    I wonder if we have met this week's quota :D

If ever proof was needed for an off topic thread, this last page is it. :D

Beruthiel wrote: »
    If ever proof was needed for an off topic thread, this last page is it. :D

Well to be fair, I'd like to know who I'm reporting posts to. I remember Cornbb being a mod, then...well, a great many others.

Off-topic would be asking if you look like the girl in your avatar.

Well to be fair, I'd like to know who I'm reporting posts to. I remember Cornbb being a mod, then...well, a great many others.

It always says the mod names down the end of the forum. Reported posts go them. Who were the great many others after cornbb?

Well to be fair, I'd like to know who I'm reporting posts to.

Mods and CMods at the bottom right of the forum.
    All the Admins.

Yup.
    That's a pic of me.

Who were the great many others after cornbb?

There was you, Cornbb, some guy called Dave maybe? Then Brewer....then you again...and Fitz....

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Yup.
    That's a pic of me.

You look pretty. But I'm FAIRLY sure that's a cartoon. Not that it changes anything; Pocahontas was a cartoon character and hot. As was Wilma Flintstone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

As was Wilma Flintstone.
    im more of a Betty Rubble man myself

seannash wrote: »
    im more of a Betty Rubble man myself

Both hot dude. Betty sure is one cute brunette!

Advertisement