Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X -Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

A lad tryin to make an honest livin ....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

dudara wrote: »
    W

My main gripe, and the reason we didn't buy anthing there, was that there were no prices on anything. Zilch.

I'm sorry Mick, but you've already lost us as customers by not having the courtesy to display prices.

Thats an absolutley fair point man - no probs. But I would say in our defence that we only moved in on Monday. ;)

It was a tad annoying for everyone that no prices were up (constantly having to check the computers an all) but we said we were going to open this weekend - so we did and I think most people who came out were happy with the level of service they recieved.

Anyway if you'ld like to pop out in the future everything will be priced up for ya.

Cheers

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Smiler wrote: »
    Thats an absolutley fair point man - no probs. But I would say in our defence that we only moved in on Monday. ;)

It was a tad annoying for everyone that no prices were up (constantly having to check the computers an all) but we said we were going to open this weekend - so we did and I think most people who came out were happy with the level of service they recieved.

Anyway if you'ld like to pop out in the future everything will be priced up for ya.

Cheers

Mick

Might try get over Saturday. It's all very exciting.

Has anyone seen the pro audio section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

im gonna let the dust settle for a few weeks before I go there.

if it seriously aims to capture the land back from the germanians then I will become a firm customer.

having Aidan and Ro in drums is a big bonus as well- great guys .

DaDumTish wrote: »

having Aidan and Ro in drums is a big bonus as well- great guys .

Indeed. We tried to pick the best guys we could - for all departments

Like I said before - we want people to feel they can drop into us anytime , even for just a chat:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I really don't accept that. You are operating as a shop. Sorry to sound harsh here, but even in a niche market where people will happily spend hundreds on instruments, you need to price items.
    I think most people who came out were happy with the level of service they recieved.

Wouldn't argue with that. It really looked as if the staff were willing and able to help anyone who asked.

Cheers

Mick

I really appreciate the reply. It's good to know that you're listening to customers. Who knows, the next time we're on the N7 or so, we might call in again.

Indeed. We tried to pick the best guys we could - for all departments

Need a dynamic general manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I never liked Thomann anyway!

I wonder will there be a delivery service available out of the old Drury St shop ? As in, could I go in to town say I want such and such, pay for it there and have it sent out to me ? Rather than trekking to the Mad Cow roundabout which is way out of my way living on the opposite side of the m50 and not having a car.

I never liked Thomann anyway!

I wonder will there be a delivery service available out of the old Drury St shop ? As in, could I go in to town say I want such and such, pay for it there and have it sent out to me ? Rather than trekking to the Mad Cow roundabout which is way out of my way living on the opposite side of the m50 and not having a car.

Absolutley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Good stuff and if you can order online paying with Laser that's a plus too. There's a guitar shop in Glasgow that I've been to a few times (girlfriend's Scottish) and their prices compete with the likes of Thomann and the in store/web prices are usually the same give or take the odd fiver/tener that it costs for delivery.

I'm hoping though that there's loads of fiddley stuff in stock, just stuff like Graph tech nuts and saddles for all shapes and sizes or exact replacement screws and whatever for a Fender... All the extra 5hite that Thomann have and that Musician sometimes had in stock but not always. Musicmaker and Waltons were always lousy with accesories like that.
    Mind you though, if waltons did have what you were looking for you can be assured that whatever aul fella behind the counter you asked wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about . "Eh, acoustic tuneomatic bridge? Eh what's that? is it something to do with them big wooden gutiars?" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

Good stuff and if you can order online paying with Laser that's a plus too. There's a guitar shop in Glasgow that I've been to a few times (girlfriend's Scottish) and their prices compete with the likes of Thomann and the in store/web prices are usually the same give or take the odd fiver/tener that it costs for delivery.

I'm hoping though that there's loads of fiddley stuff in stock, just stuff like Graph tech nuts and saddles for all shapes and sizes or exact replacement screws and whatever for a Fender... All the extra 5hite that Thomann have and that Musician sometimes had in stock but not always. Musicmaker and Waltons were always lousy with accesories like that.
    Mind you though, if waltons did have what you were looking for you can be assured that whatever aul fella behind the counter you asked wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about . "Eh, acoustic tuneomatic bridge? Eh what's that? is it something to do with them big wooden gutiars?" :rolleyes:

Guitarguitar.co.uk ???

It's a super shop!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    does anybody know what drum bands x-music stock? i hear there is a big pearl section, any meinl or paiste?

At the moment the stock looks like this!

Pearl, DW, PDP, Gretsch, Spawn Kits
    Sabian, Meinl, Zildjian Cymbals
    Pearl, DW and Gibraltor hardware

plus a few more on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bibi-phoque

What about the Drums Roland stuff (like KD-85)?

What about the Drums Roland stuff (like KD-85)?

As it's co owned by the guy who owns Roland I think it's reasonable to expect that Roland will be well represented!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bibi-phoque

Yeap, I dropped by xmusic last saturday, and all the TDs were there (TD3, TD9, TD12, TD20). However, there was no stock for single items (like toms or accessories). I'm dying to get a mesh pad for the kick pad, when will Roland be in stock?

Ask them! It shouldn't be a problem as Roland Ireland is only around the corner!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

Yeap, I dropped by xmusic last saturday, and all the TDs were there (TD3, TD9, TD12, TD20). However, there was no stock for single items (like toms or accessories). I'm dying to get a mesh pad for the kick pad, when will Roland be in stock?

Any of the Roland Drum Stuff wont be a problem to get in for you. just ask myself, Ro or Aidan and we'll order it no problem.

Forgot to introduce myself earlier, i'm Brian and i'm working in drums at x music, so any questions on drums direct them to me and i'll do my best to get a quick and friendly response to you guys!

dadumtish goes into waltons today for one ambassdor snare side head , and 2 top heads ( cos music maker didnt have any )

that will be 48 euro sir

dadumtish walks out with just the bottom head cos he was not that desperate .

hope they go to the wall soon

Rockshandy wrote: »
    so any questions on drums direct them to me

Could you close the drum section in favour of an expanded guitars/bass/propoer instruments section? :P

TelePaul wrote: »
    Could you close the drum section in favour of an expanded guitars/bass/propoer instruments section? :P

Extend to where? Kildare? The place is huge!

• Advertisement

dadumtish goes into waltons today for one ambassdor snare side head , and 2 top heads ( cos music maker didnt have any )

that will be 48 euro sir

dadumtish walks out with just the bottom head cos he was not that desperate .

hope they go to the wall soon

Should a gone to X-Savers ..........

(shyt, that was corny even by Dav's standards)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Open Up

:D Doesn't he mean just extend into the drum section? Which would remove any reason for me to go there!

x-savers - haha thats nice

well, its like this lads - look after the drummers and the band will look after it self ;-)

look after the drummers and the band will look after it self ;-)

Bad Drummer = Bad Band

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

thanks for the reply brian, i should be out this saturday for a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hey lads, looking to pick up an acoustic to get back into playing.
    You got any Ibanez models in stock ?
    Also what time you open till this evening and what are your Sat hours ?

Thanks

you may want to use the phone mate

Hey lads, looking to pick up an acoustic to get back into playing.
    You got any Ibanez models in stock ?
    Also what time you open till this evening and what are your Sat hours ?

Thanks

Hiya

This evening were open till 6 (Late on Thurs till 8) Saturday is 12-6 and Sunday is 12-5

Most of our Ibanez stock hasn't arrived in yet so I'd give it a week or so. Should be in next week. I'll post up when it's in. We have some Ibanez in here but not a hugh amount. Lemme know what your looking for and we can get it for ya.

Cheers

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Mick, thanks for the feedback, will call out tomorrow and have a look for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jakeguitar13

hey, when will the website be up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement