Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

So this is where the Trumpists have retreated to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Strumms wrote: »
    Biden doing surprisingly well in the polls. Biden has leads of somewhere between five and eight points in a number of states Trump won four years ago... that’s a bit mental.

I think the Americans are starting to realize that in the world right now a steady hand and an even temperament is a requirement.

Trump has come across as a guy who is increasingly just winging it. In his public appearances he looks increasingly flustered, increasingly very unpresidential both in how he presents himself and the content and manner of what he says.

This is interesting, not great news for Donald...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/20/politics/poll-of-the-week-joe-biden-blowout-donald-trump-election/index.html

CNN being a completely neutral and unbiased source of all things political in the United states.
    Breitbart probably running the same article in reverse. Both are equal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Biden doing surprisingly well in the polls. Biden has leads of somewhere between five and eight points in a number of states Trump won four years ago... that’s a bit mental.

I think the Americans are starting to realize that in the world right now a steady hand and an even temperament is a requirement.

Trump has come across as a guy who is increasingly just winging it. In his public appearances he looks increasingly flustered, increasingly very unpresidential both in how he presents himself and the content and manner of what he says.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/20/politics/poll-of-the-week-joe-biden-blowout-donald-trump-election/index.html

Well if you consider CNN a reputable source it would explain your optimism!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Jobs lost during a pandemic. Who'd have thunk it

You're ignoring the rest of the post which is why I specifically stated up to February this year before the job losses started that manufacturing jobs rose under Trump by an average of 1.3% each year since his inauguration. Far from exceptional but well done for missing the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's better than no source at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭briany

One positive of Trump's that his supporters will often point out is that he's not led his nation into any new foreign wars, but negating that is that he's led his nation into a whole heap of domestic discord, and instead of acting as a real leader and looking to salve that, he's been reveling in the division. The trouble with that is, aside from being an amoral way to lead, it's a style of leadership that will lead to a country eating itself from within. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

briany wrote: »
    One positive of Trump's that his supporters will often point out is that he's not led his nation into any new foreign wars, but negating that is that he's led his nation into a whole heap of domestic discord, and instead of acting as a real leader and looking to salve that, he's been reveling in the division. The trouble with that is, aside from being an amoral way to lead, it's a style of leadership that will lead to a country eating itself from within. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

It ain't Trump supporters that have been rioting/looting/murdering/toppling statues/intimidating citizens/destroying city centres/destroying businesses...he can't do anything about them unless he gets requested by the State Governor or City Mayor.

Has there been any city or state he has refused to send security reinforces into?

So this is where the Trumpists have retreated to.

Ya...hiding in a Who thinks Trump will win thread who'd have thought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you have actual evidence to prove the information I posted is not reputable ? Actual evidence as opposed to hyperbole ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

briany wrote: »

Divide and division is a tactical standpoint only used by insecure individuals who can’t back their rhetoric with fact or manageable directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭briany

It ain't Trump supporters that have been rioting/looting/murdering/toppling statues/intimidating citizens/destroying city centres/destroying businesses...he can't do anything about them unless he gets requested by the State Governor or City Mayor.

Has there been any city or state he has refused to send security reinforces into?

I'm not talking about the people in the streets, here. My post was about Donald Trump himself. He's supposed to be the president of all U.S. citizens, even the ones who don't like him, crazy as that may sound. And in that capacity, he should be a mediator and appeal for calm, and use that calm as a better footing to get the issues underpinning the unrest sorted out. Not use inflammatory, divisive language that helps nothing except push a caustic us vs. them agenda. I'm sure getting that arranged would be no sweat to the man who just helped broker peace between UAE and Israel, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cirrus Incus

Based on current evidence from polling, it's very likely that Trump won't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Based on current evidence from polling, it's very likely that Trump won't win.

This time in 2016 every major outlet was saying Hilary had this in the bag. They were practically "Forget election night. Just swear her in now." Trump is running for re-election this year. Not Hilary. Nobody in their right mind, regardless of who they support should take these early polls as set in stone like the 10 Commandments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    This time in 2016 every major outlet was saying Hilary had this in the bag. They were practically "Forget election night. Just swear her in now." Trump is running for re-election this year. Not Hilary. Nobody in their right mind, regardless of who they support should take these early polls as set in stone like the 10 Commandments.
    September 21st, 2016 - Clinton 42.0%, Trump 40.3% (Link)

September 21st, 2020 - Biden 50.3%, Trump 43.5% (Link)

It's nearly October, it's ridiculous to be calling polls "early" at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Bizarre that some people think rowing back on protecting the environment is a good thing

Well, that would depend on what's exactly it is that's been done in name of "protecting the environment" now wouldn't it and rowing back on some of that nonsense (which is all the POTUS has done) is for sure a good thing.

Glad you agree that the other three things on that list are not bizarre to see as being good though and reasons to vote Trump in for another 4 years.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Are they really. Between his inauguration and February 2020 manufacturing jobs in the US increased by 483k from 12,369k to 12,852k. That's an increase of 3.9% over 3 years or an average 1.3% per annum. Not sure if I'd call that exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. And up to August 2020 manufacturing has actually lost 200k jobs since his inauguration or nearly 700k jobs lost since February this year. By contrast under Obama manufacturing jobs increased by nearly 1 million.

Quit cooking the books:
    Trump's numbers pre-Covid are exceptional:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

The Dems can see the flaws in Biden but Trump’s supporters are beyond reasoning with. He’s a cult leader who has great difficulty attracting high-quality people to work for him. Even when they do, he can’t tolerate honest feedback and ends up firing them pronto. Trump is a great salesman - he must have been to persuade banks to keep lending him money through all those bankruptcies - but he’s no good at running a country. In the end he has had to fall back on family members as he did at his company. However, despite every grotesque thing he has done, his support, especially among the poorly educated, remains firm. He’ll lose the popular vote but could still win the election.

Quit cooking the books:

But Covid did happen.

Much as he said when Pandemics occurred while Obama was President, Trump has to own Covid's impacts. All of it.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    The Dems can see the flaws in Biden but Trump’s supporters are beyond reasoning with. He’s a cult leader who has great difficulty attracting high-quality people to work for him. Even when they do, he can’t tolerate honest feedback and ends up firing them pronto. Trump is a great salesman - he must have been to persuade banks to keep lending him money through all those bankruptcies - but he’s no good at running a country. In the end he has had to fall back on family members as he did at his company. However, despite every grotesque thing he has done, his support, especially among the poorly educated, remains firm. He’ll lose the popular vote but could still win the election.

List them, please - thanks.

List them, please - thanks.

Here you go.

Trump Atrocities.

List stands at 889 currently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Mr. Karate wrote: »

Biden is a good bit ahead of where Hilary was in the polling at this point. That can change but it’s not true to paint it like Hilary was doing AS well as Biden in the polls at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Here you go.

Trump Atrocities.

lol @ all the "According to .." in that pathetic list of nothing burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

lol @ all the "According to .." in that pathetic list of nothing burgers.
    36/889 items have "according to", i.e. 4%.

Which ones in particular do you have a problem with?

36/889 items have "according to", i.e. 4%.

Which ones in particular do you have a problem with?

I spent 15 mins skimming them and what I read were nothing burger nonsense, far from the list of "grotesque" things that I asked for.

I've seen your side of the aisle complain about 5 minute video clips that someone has posted to back up an argument, and yet you expect me to read a novel? Which is what 900 paragraphs amounts to.

Pick the ten worst from that list (in your view) and I'll address them but I'm not doing them all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

They can't see it coming...they really can't!!

Which makes it all the sweeter. They are pointing to the polls ffs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Quit cooking the books:

Once again you are ignoring the post, obviously deliberately at this stage. Let me point it out for you again. I'll even take out the Covid piece, you know as Trumpists love to ignore that Covid happened:

Are they really. Between his inauguration and February 2020 manufacturing jobs in the US increased by 483k from 12,369k to 12,852k. That's an increase of 3.9% over 3 years or an average 1.3% per annum. Not sure if I'd call that exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. By contrast under Obama manufacturing jobs increased by nearly 1 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Here you go.

Trump Atrocities.

I just read number 1

Calling someone pathetic isn't an atrocity.....

The polls show a clear Biden win, it feels like free money at the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Once again you are ignoring the post, obviously deliberately at this stage. Let me point it out for you again. I'll even take out the Covid piece, you know as Trumpists love to ignore that Covid happened:

Are they really. Between his inauguration and February 2020 manufacturing jobs in the US increased by 483k from 12,369k to 12,852k. That's an increase of 3.9% over 3 years or an average 1.3% per annum. Not sure if I'd call that exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. By contrast under Obama manufacturing jobs increased by nearly 1 million.

But some are “predicting” he’s bringing manufacturing jobs back.
    That obviously cancels out your facts immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Well, that would depend on what's exactly it is that's been done in name of "protecting the environment" now wouldn't it and rowing back on some of that nonsense (which is all the POTUS has done) is for sure a good thing.

Glad you agree that the other three things on that list are not bizarre to see as being good though and reasons to vote Trump in for another 4 years.
    Where did I say I agree the other three things are not bizarre?

You may have special telepathic powers that allow you to read Daddy's mind but they don't work on me icon14.png

As for environment regulations, you think this is a good thing?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51225604

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement