Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

All prospects of a cold snowy Christmas are dashed. Same every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

There is no doubt things have taken a backward step when it comes to cold prospects and the latest glosea update was poor to say the least. Hopefully the prospect for cold can improve again,just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Might be 14c in Dublin tomorrow, some of us are delighted it's not as cold any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭bazlers

All prospects of a cold snowy Christmas are dashed. Same every year.

Ah dont throw in the towel now. The fun is just beginning...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fax charts are horrendous unless you like mild windy and wet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Not much on recent charts...but im sure charts will get much wilder in the next couple of weeks...we rarely get a full december month without any wild weather...at some stage of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

lets face it there will be no snow this winter. Most likely it will be a constant stream of weather systems from the atlantic right up until March, THEN we'll get the cold weather in March and April with potential for snow. Spring is our winter.

A clear day here in wexford, probably the last for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

I'm hearing that there could be a nasty storm on Tuesday. And one that could sweep the whole country, not just the western seaboard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

I'm hearing that there could be a nasty storm on Tuesday. And one that could sweep the whole country, not just the western seaboard.

wHp25t4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

lets face it there will be no snow this winter. Most likely it will be a constant stream of weather systems from the atlantic right up until March, THEN we'll get the cold weather in March and April with potential for snow. Spring is our winter.

A clear day here in wexford, probably the last for a while.

very true, I'm fairly sure lying snow has occurred in March more often than any other month in Dublin. March 2013/2016/2018/2019/2020 all had lying snow in Dublin. I don't know how reliable March is for snow in Wexford though. I've talked about this so many times so people are probably fed up of my posts about March snowfall at this stage :p !

On another note, today was a stunning day in Dublin 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Really heavy rain in Galway right now...its moving towards mayo so your next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

The models are still trying to bring in cold weather for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but it’s like every second run and the opposite runs are westerly crap. It’s certainly not over but it’s not set in stone either way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Tidal flooding for Cork looks very likely Wednesday morning!!

Very high spring tide - >
    A deep low in situ - >
    Preceding Easterly gale - >
    Saturated ground - >
    Heavy rain on the day and days before - >

An advance warning is more than justified!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mild, wet and windy morning in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heavy rain here in meath, was hoping to get out on the bike this morbing, not looking likely now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Specific Christmas Day weather chances in my opinion - 80% wet windy and mild. 10% dry and colder 10% wintry. I'm getting more and more bullish on mild, but still time for change. Might be a colder new years eve though.

Windy, mild, wet morning. Rain hammering on the roof pretty much all night. Plus side is it's no longer freezing inside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Windy and wet morning in cork city. first time in a while it's been windy. Just seems... Dark too. Rotten morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A very wet morning near Castlebar also. 10c.

To brighten up everyone's mood, taken on 28 Feb 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashing all morning here in NCD.

Ah well a good excuse to stay in + enjoy the Christmas decorations with a movie.

Glad we went in to see lights in town yesterday afternoon.

Rain gone, sunny and almost warm in Dublin now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭appledrop

Rain gone, sunny and almost warm in Dublin now!

Ah come on now Thelonious sunny + warm!

It must be a different Dublin you are in.

Meanwhile here in NCD, still raining, still dull + my neighbours garden is flooded.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sunny in Dublin 16....or at least it was for a little bit.

appledrop wrote: »
    Ah come on now Thelonious sunny + warm!

It must be a different Dublin you are in.

Meanwhile here in NCD, still raining, still dull + my neighbours garden is flooded.

well my thermometer says 14c, the sun is gone now though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dried up here in Cork City, just a bit windy now and dark rolling clouds. About 12 degrees so mild enough.

Just got a text from Cork City Council advising of a period of high astronomical tides on Monday, Tuesday but on Wednesday they are predicating a storm surge which will flood "the wider city centre".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Extremely mild in Limerick at 13c.

Some less reputable British tabloids predicting plenty of snow on the ground for the last ten days of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Dark wet gloomy evening. Had a chuckle at some of the posts during the week bemoaning the brightness of our summers. Irish summers are barely tolerable for their awfulness our winters bring that up another notch altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a nice day today after a very wet night and morning. Side roads around Dunshaughlin are partially flooded.

The next week to 10 days looks very unsettled and generally mild, up to 100mm of rain is possible in places between now and Christmas particularly along western coastal areas and high ground. There are hints today of a cool down around Christmas and something a lot drier.

Advertisement