Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Autosport wrote: »
    Boots have their Black Friday deals online now :)

Going to check this out now thanks :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

40% off rugby, soccer and GAA gear at Lifestyle Sports, seems across the board too (the 30% off last week was only hoodys etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pc world/Currys have their Black Friday sale aswell :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tubs of sweets in Tesco at the moment at €3.33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Loughc wrote: »
    Tubs of sweets in Tesco at the moment at €3.33

Supervalu also doing this

50% off Christmas trees and decorations at Harvey Norman...click and collect only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Pistachio19

matchthis wrote: »
    Supervalu also doing this

Was pleasantly surprised to see this today. Got Heroes. Have about 5 of the celebrations already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Boxes of Taytos and King crisps are €3:88 in Aldi 18 bags in a box :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I'm very tempted by an online offer from a company in the Rewarding Times offers via the Irish Times. Obviously you pay now and avail of the offer in 2021. Anyone know what would happen if company went wallop in the meantime - I know there might be a chance of a chargeback on a credit card but is there any other option, I wonder? A few hundred euro in question.

• Advertisement

20% off everything in white company.

Oh, if you use the UK site instead of the Euro one, prices there are normally about a 20% saving already- get UK free delivery when you spend £50 which will get it to the parcel motel depot.....from there €3.95 to get it down here.....still a good bit cheaper than the Euro site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm very tempted by an online offer from a company in the Rewarding Times offers via the Irish Times. Obviously you pay now and avail of the offer in 2021. Anyone know what would happen if company went wallop in the meantime - I know there might be a chance of a chargeback on a credit card but is there any other option, I wonder? A few hundred euro in question.

I think if you can pay by paypal that's more secure again and a better chance of a refund.

However remember if a company does goes bust prepaid customers are UNSECURED creditors and are usually the last to ever receive any money, and once the auditors and tax man are paid, it's onto creditors and then customers. And if they had enough money to pay the tax man and creditors well they wouldn't go bust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

24 x 330ml Glass bottles of Lucozade Original for €10 in Tesco.

tVFMyjq.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Bottles of prosecco €3.93 today in Lidl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Posy wrote: »
    Bottles of prosecco €3.93 today in Lidl!

I was waiting to get into my local and people were carrying out boxes of the prosecco. Very high demand

Theu have Captain Morgan for €14 70cl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Dunnes have a good bit of their Christmas stock on sale. Lots out of stock unfortunately but still worth at look :)

A serious amount of M&S festive desserts now half price with the yellow sticker (best before date is today), avaliabilty will vary store to store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

A serious amount of M&S festive desserts now half price with the yellow sticker (best before date is today), avaliabilty will vary store to store.

Need to pass Liffey valley later. Are any of them freezable do you know?

Need to pass Liffey valley later. Are any of them freezable do you know?

Was a little bit of freezable stuff but the most they had were desserts (not freezable). Worth calling in for a look if you are passing.

• Advertisement

Omg, they have so much left. What a waste!

Was in again earlier, couldn't leave this behind...

Fook me the chocolate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Fook me the chocolate!

That, a pot of tea and no interruptions = sugar induced coma!! But oh what fun it is to ride on a sugar powered sleigh....

Looks delightful.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Our artificial tree is on its last legs (lost 2 branches putting it up this year, and it sheds everywhere) so it will be going in the bin as soon as we take the decorations down. I'm hoping it might be possible to pick up a decent one in an end of year clearance sale somewhere (click and collect or online). Any ideas for where to look?

cee_jay wrote: »
    Our artificial tree is on its last legs (lost 2 branches putting it up this year, and it sheds everywhere) so it will be going in the bin as soon as we take the decorations down. I'm hoping it might be possible to pick up a decent one in an end of year clearance sale somewhere (click and collect or online). Any ideas for where to look?

Argos have a sale and are still open- subject to stock availability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Fook me the chocolate!

Which Marks is This? I was in Dundrum yesterday and there was feck all thwre desserts wise. All I got was some cut price mince pies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

We have so many decorations cant buy any more. But....bought a load of stuff yesterday in 50 percent sales in some shops for nieces and nephews who have new homes..for next Christmas. So I still get d buzz....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^ There's one M too many, in that link. 😉

https://www.kilkennyshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Christmas

For all of us Bailey lovers.

• Advertisement

Ooooooh yes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

I still have Baileys left over from last Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

With some ice, is a great sipping drink.

And in cheesecake and truffles and hot chocolate....mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Half a dozen of those please!!! Myself & the Mrs love a baileys or two (okay, 3 or 4) so when we see a deal like that tend to take advantage 😀

I swear we're not alcoholics!!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Lidl version, Irish Cream Liqeur is 25% off with the Lidl plus app this week so €7.09 for a 700ml bottle if anyone likes that one. I haven't tried it myself.

Lots of Lindt advent calendars down to €10 in Tesco, plus the tin of Lindor is reduced down to €15. 😊

Good deal advent calendar still full price in Dunnes

• Advertisement

Picked up a tin of chocolate kimberley in Dunnes today for €8. Close to as cheap as they will get. 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

supervalu flash sale until Sunday

Baileys 10 euro

Hennessy 25 euro

Chateaunef du Pape 15 euro

boxes of beers and cider (selected brands and box sizes) 13 euro

Got our Christmas beer there yesterday - great value

20% off in Meadows and Byrne instore and online today....some exclusions.

Kilkenny Shop have a big sale on. 10% off the Tipperary Crystal decorations. I've bought these on sale before and split into individual little gift bags as presents for teachers.

https://www.kilkennyshop.com/catalog/product/view/id/93976/s/tipperary-crystal-set-4-sparkle-green/category/5611/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Picked up a half price 6kg frozen turkey in Tesco for €19. Normally go for a fresh one but was reading online this morning about Avian flu being detected in Turkey flocks in the UK and Ireland and also that there are labour shortages for processing the turkeys. Then saw these in Tesco and figured might as well. I have space in the freezer and that's the main piece of Christmas dinner sorted. No stressing about supply.

• Advertisement

For anyone with Three you can get a free month sky cinema pass for NOW TV. Might be handy for Christmas. You can activate the voucher anytime before 30th Nov and you get one month so maybe wait until after 25th Nov to activate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Any fellow crocheters - Rosina Plane has 25% off her patterns on Ravelery with code BF2021. Her patterns are 😍 I've treated myself to her Christmas one for next year: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/letitias-holiday-cal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

€5 delivery charge means you're still paying full price almost.

I noticed the delivery charge. It would be €14 including delivery as opposed to the original price- €30 including delivery. Click and collect is free, if it suits anyone 😊

• Advertisement
Advertisement