Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-12-2019, 16:56   #2896
Professor Genius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmocab View Post
Ah the Leinster lads are hardly playing like automatons, I doubt the others are too. Whatever was going on doesn’t seem to affect them outside at their provinces.
Not for Leinster. Obvious Cullen and Lancaster are able to counter the Schmidt effect.
Advertisement
07-12-2019, 17:06   #2897
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Genius View Post
Not for Leinster. Obvious Cullen and Lancaster are able to counter the Schmidt effect.
And the other Irish players who are playing well at their own provinces?
07-12-2019, 17:09   #2898
Professor Genius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan View Post
And the other Irish players who are playing well at their own provinces?
Again any provincial coach will of course have a positive impact once players leave the control of the Irish camp. The players essentially have had to be rinsed of Schmidt when they go back to their provinces

Last edited by Professor Genius; 07-12-2019 at 18:24.
07-12-2019, 19:49   #2899
Clegg

Some very good performances this weekend from an Irish perspective. Of the younger contingent Kelleher, Larmour and Doris are really pushing for inclusion. Kelleher and Larmour for starting positions and Doris for the bench. I also think Toner has brought himself back into contention with his recent performances. Our maul is such a weapon when he is on the pitch. Enough has been said about VDF already. Best player in the country. Cooney and McCloskey went well for Ulster and I think Earls and Conway were the pick of the bunch for Munster.

I think we're at the stage where we can't say Murray is just out of form. It's been over a year since he's last had a sustained run of good performances. He's an average player these days and he shouldn't start for Ireland come the Six Nations. I'm also worried about the form of Stockdale. He's not playing poorly, but he hasn't hit the heights of the 2017/2018 season in quite a while.
07-12-2019, 20:57   #2900
molloyjh

There was only 1 way Stockdales form could have gone after 17/18 in fairness.
Advertisement
07-12-2019, 21:01   #2901
OldRio

Toner IMHO is playing some wonderful stuff. Clever player.
07-12-2019, 21:32   #2902
molloyjh

Yeah Toner has been going well the last few weeks. Has to be back in the frame for the 6Ns.
07-12-2019, 21:41   #2903
accensi0n

Toner looked good today. But thought he was a bit poor last week against Glasgow, no? Admittedly though I wasn't paying a lot of attention to him.
07-12-2019, 21:52   #2904
shootermacg

So a back-stabbing for without a doubt the greatest Irish Rugby Manager we've ever had. So that's Joe and Gatty that got stabbed in the back. This country (at least in rugby) may be gaining a reputation for being a bunch of snakes.

Someone call St Paddy! The snakes are back in force!
Advertisement
07-12-2019, 22:02   #2905
Professor Genius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootermacg View Post
So a back-stabbing for without a doubt the greatest Irish Rugby Manager we've ever had. So that's Joe and Gatty that got stabbed in the back. This country (at least in rugby) may be gaining a reputation for being a bunch of snakes.

Someone call St Paddy! The snakes are back in force!
Oh here we go again. All hail King Joe the man who can do no wrong bar f up 2 world cups with his own special brand of idiosyncratic micro managing ocd approach to coaching !
07-12-2019, 22:07   #2906
Banned

Quote:
Oh here we go again. All hail King Joe the man who can do no wrong bar f up 2 world cups with his own special brand of idiosyncratic micro managing ocd approach to coaching !
Quote:
Given the level of deference shown to Joe (just look at this forum) I would say no one thought they were in a position to question him. IRFU need to be very careful never to allow such control freakery to be present in future head coaches
Quote:
Joe stymied them completely . It was impossible to overcome his micro management by all accounts. Disaster by process
Quote:
Schmidt now being called out as the busted flush and charlatan he allowed himself to develop into in 2019. He’s been scalded out of it the past few weeks
Going back further

Quote:
I think a lot of people feel duped into the “In Joe we Trust” mantra and are now too embarrassed to admit his failings
Quote:
Ultimately a failure. Some results yes. Slam and 6 nations championships largely due to very weak French teams and mixed performances from England and Wales. Both world cups were an effective disaster. 2019 worse than 2015. Way worse. We have gone so far backwards and he now seems out of his depth

The most successful provincial and international manager ever in Ireland....

Yes he made mistakes.....

But really, whats the point in posting these insulting comments?

Last edited by Shefwedfan; 07-12-2019 at 22:15.
07-12-2019, 22:45   #2907
theVersatile

Christ guys - there's a middle ground between Joe being awful and Joe being God's greatest gift. Can we all not just agree that for the majority of his reign, he was a good coach for Ireland who unfortunately couldn't take us to the same heights in the WC? It's not black and white.
07-12-2019, 22:49   #2908
whatawaster

I think it's getting to the stage for me where Murray is no longer automatic first choice for Ireland. He is not just off form, he has been playing at a lower level for 12-18 months.

Past achievements carry weight, I accept that, but over the last 12 months I think his level has dropped significantly, to the extent that I don't think it's clear who is the best SH between:

McGrath
JGP
Cooney
Murray
Marmion
Blade

In fact, if Farrell picked any 3 from that above list, I'd find it hard to argue with him. They are all good players.
(2) thanks from:
07-12-2019, 22:53   #2909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVersatile View Post
Christ guys - there's a middle ground between Joe being awful and Joe being God's greatest gift. Can we all not just agree that for the majority of his reign, he was a good coach for Ireland who unfortunately couldn't take us to the same heights in the WC? It's not black and white.
That’s the point I’m making, yes he made mistakes but the witch hunt by some posters is an insult to all the great work he done
08-12-2019, 00:00   #2910
molloyjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVersatile View Post
Excuse me, but this is the Internet. We wont tolerate you're idealistic and balanced mumbo jumbo around here. Kindly pick a side and stick by it regardless of fact or reason.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion