Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hard to believe a win Sunday and were possibly going into a grand slam game in Paris

A repeat of 2018 would be nice Sunday and then to get a triple crown would be nice also

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hard to believe a win Sunday and were possibly going into a grand slam game in Paris

A repeat of 2018 would be nice Sunday and then to get a triple crown would be nice also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

That’s pretty much the same as Degan and dorris

Deegan has over 50 games for leinster including Champions Cup final experience. Doris has almost 30 Leinster caps and is first choice for the best team in Europe. that is not comparable to 50 minutes against possibly the worst professional rugby team in Europe.

c’mon man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Continuity means nothing really! We had continuity last season.... Anyway, let's see a proper game plan.
    England are missing key players and we do have a good chance.
    I would have selected Dillane off the bench. He is a better ball carrier than Toner. I think that Dillane would be better in the collisions too!
    A big week for Healy. He has got to play well for us to have a shot. I think he's been very ordinary this far. Kilcoyne is a vastly better bench option and I suppose Farrell is looking for a dynamic ball carrier late in the match.
    Either way, England have been very poor so far and we haven't been great either. I expect England to win by 10.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Still all the people here are happy......

International rugby selections have many considerations.

Keeping people on the web happy isn't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

A lot will be decided by the weather, what is it like for Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Dry, mild with light breezes forecast currently. Ideal weather conditions unless something shifts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

International rugby selections have many considerations.

Keeping people on the web happy isn't one of them.

Excuse me, it should be the coaches first thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

connachta wrote: »
    FFS
    We're going with a 95K 20y-o guy in Murrayfield again

Personally. I'd rather see Dillane on the bench in Twickenham, but if he's not going to be there, it's ridiculous he can't play in Murrayfield. Having said, that's he's probably needed for lineouts in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Personally. I'd rather see Dillane on the bench in Twickenham, but if he's not going to be there, it's ridiculous he can't play in Murrayfield. Having said, that's he's probably needed for lineouts in training.

And as a 24th man I would think. Connachts requirements wouldn’t come into it I’d think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Deegan has over 50 games for leinster including Champions Cup final experience. Doris has almost 30 Leinster caps and is first choice for the best team in Europe. that is not comparable to 50 minutes against possibly the worst professional rugby team in Europe.

c’mon man.

They are not from Europe, they are one of the top sides from the country that won the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

They are not from Europe, they are one of the top sides from the country that won the World Cup.
    Are we talking about the Southern Kings here? Because the only recognisable attribute here is that they're from SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

:D:D:D:D:D Top sides!?!?!:D:D:D:D

Thats a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster beat the Cheetahs. The Cheetahs are better than The Kings. Therefore Roman Salanoa should be starting for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not only are they last in their own conference, the Kings are last across either conference, the second worst side having almost twice as many match points (13-7).

Let that sink in, they're doing even worse than the Ospreys.

Top, top side.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Not only are they last in their own conference, the Kings are last across either conference, the second worst side having almost twice as many match points (13-7).

Let that sink in, they're doing even worse than the Ospreys.

Top, top side.
    Yes, but if you turn the conference table upside down...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Yes, but if you turn the conference table upside down...

The Kings would still be crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Bono telling them what it means to be Irish!

Maybe beating Italy isn't actually such a foregone conclusion after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

They bought in a tax Dodger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

"Yeah, it’s definitely a lot more relaxed in Munster and Ireland as well.”
    Say that to the face of your old colleagues or boss. They might see something in it.

Just for you buddy

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/119660892/joe-schmidt-returns-to-coaching-as-criticism-continues-of-irelands-failed-rugby-world-cup

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Dubinusa wrote: »
    They bought in a tax Dodger?

Well a true tax dodger pays some of the wages of our star player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Always a begrudged in Ireland. How much good have U2 done for Ireland, more than you I guess. They have done nothing illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Peyper reffing?

This could turn out to be a shìtshow. You never know what's going to happen.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Peyper reffing?

This could turn out to be a shìtshow. You never know what's going to happen.

I guess we'll see on Sunday. Bloody Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

Delighted to see all the players getting on board with message about standing for something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I guess we'll see on Sunday. Bloody Sunday.

Line out will be crucial. Up against Itoje, we’ll really need to get some Elevation on the lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Why? Earls over wing/13, can’t really say 15 anymore

Stockdale covers wing/15...so both give similar flexibility

Cover is needed for the centre, particularly with Henshaw's injury profile. Conway covers fullback.

I do think it same sense to have an experienced back on bench to come on, especially Earls who still have pace and would be up against a tired defence

Do wingers get tired?

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    Do wingers get tired?

I used to get very tired

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement