Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-10-2017, 17:46   #196
john boye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsini View Post
They're almost universally known as "the green bus" though, particularly outside Dublin. So it's part of the brand at this stage.
Albeit, a brand which doesn't appear to have a very good rep.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-10-2017, 19:47   #197
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by john boye View Post
Albeit, a brand which doesn't appear to have a very good rep.
Alas, the fact I can travel Tralee/Red Cow for €15 means I tend to overlook the less than impressive experiences I've had with them!
Thanks from:
05-10-2017, 01:28   #198
thelad95

Just reading some TripAdvisor reviews and the overriding problem everywhere and the main gripe customers have is the lateness of the coaches. If you look on their site, the times are completely and utterly unrealistic and do nothing to allow for morning/evening traffic which they know is an issue.

If the timetables were actually realistic, people can make proper plans and know what they're dealing with but when they see that a coach is supposedly meant to arrive at say 11:40 but doesn't show up until 12:35 due to a combination of traffic and unrealistic expectations, then this doesn't really bode well when you have a flight to catch or business of some sort to conduct in Dublin.
(3) thanks from:
05-10-2017, 10:07   #199
tabbey

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
If it were me the green would go.,.. Such a rotten colour.
Not at all, the green is lovely.

I only travelled on DC once, I enjoyed the experience, but that was for leisure, so cannot comment on reliability.
05-10-2017, 10:09   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbey View Post

I only travelled on DC once, I enjoyed the experience, but that was for leisure, so cannot comment on reliability.
What was the coach and the year of it?

Was it old or modern?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-10-2017, 10:31   #201
punisher5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbey View Post

If it were a different shade of green, its snot green its hidious.
05-10-2017, 10:37   #202
tabbey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork Truck Driver View Post
What was the coach and the year of it?

Was it old or modern?
I honestly cannot remember.
07-10-2017, 21:04   #203
joegriffinjnr

Send a message via ICQ to joegriffinjnr Send a message via AIM to joegriffinjnr Send a message via MSN to joegriffinjnr Send a message via Yahoo to joegriffinjnr Send a message via Skype™ to joegriffinjnr
The bus that went up in flames was an ex quickpark 2009 model Mercedes Ciatro. Just for the record Dublin Coach only have the one King Long.
Thanks from:
08-10-2017, 13:24   #204
devnull

I saw one of the yellow Tourismos dedicated to tours today and honestly the state of the paintwork wasn't very good.

Chippings and scuff marks in quite a few places, you can start to see bits of green in a good few places where the yellow paint has came away. and it looks pretty poor for a coach that is on a 2016 plate and there's a large dark green line of a scuff mark down the side of it and missing a fuel cap cover.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2017, 13:27   #205
punisher5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I saw one of the yellow Tourismos dedicated to tours today and honestly the state of the paintwork wasn't very good.

Chippings and scuff marks in quite a few places, you can start to see bits of green in a good few places where the yellow paint has came away. and it looks pretty poor for a coach that is on a 2016 plate and there's a large dark green line of a scuff mark down the side of it and missing a fuel cap cover.
I was nearly sure they were wrapped but maybe not.
08-10-2017, 13:31   #206
devnull

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
I was nearly sure they were wrapped but maybe not.
Found a pic of one on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/irisht...-YmZafC-Yjf3F8

Probably the same coach. Looks a little better there than it looked when I saw it in the flesh.

If you click it for a bigger size you can see the green undercoat showing.
Thanks from:
08-10-2017, 13:37   #207

Quote:
Found a pic of one on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/irisht...-YmZafC-Yjf3F8

Probably the same coach. Looks a little better there than it looked when I saw it in the flesh.

If you click it for a bigger size you can see the green undercoat showing.
That looks like more than stone chips, probably a ditch i'd say, the cliffs of moher's narrow roads are very unforgiving to a coach, i had to reverse 100 yards up there one day as i met 'Helga' in her German registered tri-axle driving in the middle of the road and refusing to move in for fear of scuffing her paint work.
Thanks from:
08-10-2017, 13:41   #208
devnull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork Truck Driver View Post
That looks like more than stone chips, probably a ditch i'd say, the cliffs of moher's narrow roads are very unforgiving to a coach, i had to reverse 100 yards up there one day as i met 'Helga' in her German registered tri-axle driving in the middle of the road and refusing to move in for fear of scuffing her paint work.
Yeah, come to think of it going up there wouldn't be forgiving, didn't really think of that when I saw the coach today, but you're right, looking at that picture and seeing where the coach has been it certainly wouldn't help even if the paint job doesn't look the greatest,
Thanks from:
08-10-2017, 13:45   #209
Weepsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelad95 View Post
Just reading some TripAdvisor reviews and the overriding problem everywhere and the main gripe customers have is the lateness of the coaches. If you look on their site, the times are completely and utterly unrealistic and do nothing to allow for morning/evening traffic which they know is an issue.

If the timetables were actually realistic, people can make proper plans and know what they're dealing with but when they see that a coach is supposedly meant to arrive at say 11:40 but doesn't show up until 12:35 due to a combination of traffic and unrealistic expectations, then this doesn't really bode well when you have a flight to catch or business of some sort to conduct in Dublin.
My problem is that they outright lied when I had an issue and wouldn't give a refund. They claimed a bus left at the advertised time. IT never arrived, either up to 15 minutes before or 25 minutes after.

They didn't acknowledge complaints until I cc'd the NTA and even then it was a token phone call and "we'll look into it". I know where I was, and I provided them with proof I was in the area of the advertised stop for the entire time. They didn't do the same. On principal I'd never travel with them.
Thanks from:
08-10-2017, 13:55   #210

Quote:
Yeah, come to think of it going up there wouldn't be forgiving, didn't really think of that when I saw the coach today, but you're right, looking at that picture and seeing where the coach has been it certainly wouldn't help even if the paint job doesn't look the greatest,
Looking at the photo again on closer inspection, the drivers side mirror is also marked, that would most likely be from a tight left hand turn and having to almost kiss the ditch to get around it and obviously the driver caught the trees in the process.

There was a rule when i was driving coaches that if you damage them you pay for it.

If you blew off a mirror,they were called P45's,and no wonder they were, €2000 a pair plus painting, you got the P45.

If you can drive the cliffs of Moher and the ring of Kerry you can drive a coach anywhere.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion