Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pumps.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭deezell

2016 was around the time that the shinfane oil well deposits in the border areas began to dry up, coinciding the introduction of non washable diesel markers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

I have petrol vouchers from 1973 , do you think there still valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I dread to imagine what it would cost without the tax increases since it was last below €1/per litre in 2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I'm not telling ppl to panic buy.. but just keep you car topped up.
    You don't know what's around the corner.

Just the car.. no need to fill ibc's , watering cans and buckets with fuel yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mikeecho wrote: »
    I'm not telling ppl to panic buy.. but just keep you car topped up.
    You don't know what's around the corner.

Just the car.. no need to fill ibc's , watering cans and buckets with fuel yet
    Filled up both cars today at 122.9 for deisel

Any price for spawell station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭vandriver

I put only 10 litres in this morning at the Circle K at the airport because it was 134.9.
    It's lunchtime,and down to 123.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Its 119.9 at applegreen and CircleK bohermore Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Why aren't prices lower? Oil prices are rock bottom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Why aren't prices lower? Oil prices are rock bottom

Most of our price is duty and other taxes, the cost of crude is a small amount of the actual price we pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

If petrol was free we would still pay €1.02 per litre in taxes.

maddness wrote: »
    If petrol was free we would still pay €1.02 per litre in taxes.

Not that much. Exise is 60.016 c/l on petrol, levy is 2c, vat 23%. Add and multiply, 62.016×1.23 gives 76.26 c/l . Every cent per litre after that adds .23c VAT. So if you're buying petrol for 1.26 at the moment, garage gets 40.65c all taxes paid.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/excise-and-licences/excise-duty-rates/mineral-oil-tax.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

deezell wrote: »
    Not that much. Exise is 60.016 c/l on petrol, levy is 2c, vat 23%. Add and multiply, 62.016×1.23 gives 76.26 c/l . Every cent per litre after that adds .23c VAT. So if you're buying petrol for 1.26 at the moment, garage gets 40.65c all taxes paid.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/excise-and-licences/excise-duty-rates/mineral-oil-tax.aspx

My vehicle runs on diesel which is refined from oil and I'm sure there's a cost in refining the oil into diesel and transporting it to Ireland from the refineries (though there is one in Cork) and then getting it from the big storage tanks to the stations.
    I think there's a post somewhere that suggest about 7c for retailers and 7c for distribution and about 10c for refining (just checked google and it say 12c-14c USdollar for refining). That would be 24c = i think its 54c for duty and 6c for carbontax. So that's about 84c and then the vat on all that (yes vat applies to duty and carbon tax) and you are at €1.03 BEFORE you add the cost of the raw oil. So as the above poster said - if oil was free, we'd be paying over €1 a litre for petrol.

Think a loaf of bread. If wheat prices drop 50%, would bread prices drop 50%?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Seen diesel for 1.20 in dublin city centre today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

Both Applegreens in Celbridge 130.8 Petrol & 120.8 Diesel.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

The Mrs said she paid €1.16 per litre for daysul in Texaco in Athlone yesterday.

silver2020 wrote: »
    My vehicle runs on diesel which is refined from oil and I'm sure there's a cost in refining the oil into diesel and transporting it to Ireland from the refineries (though there is one in Cork) and then getting it from the big storage tanks to the stations.
    I think there's a post somewhere that suggest about 7c for retailers and 7c for distribution and about 10c for refining (just checked google and it say 12c-14c USdollar for refining). That would be 24c = i think its 54c for duty and 6c for carbontax. So that's about 84c and then the vat on all that (yes vat applies to duty and carbon tax) and you are at €1.03 BEFORE you add the cost of the raw oil. So as the above poster said - if oil was free, we'd be paying over €1 a litre for petrol.

Think a loaf of bread. If wheat prices drop 50%, would bread prices drop 50%?

Yes, but he said we'd pay €1.02 in Taxes, not €1.02 per litre, read his post again. If the raw oil was free we'd be paying about €1.02 per litre, including refining and margins. Example I gave was for petrol also, diesel duty/carbon tax is 49.5c/l before levy and VAT, though you used the petrol duty in your calculations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I got diesel today for 116.9 cent in Topaz Local Fuels on the Trim Road in Navan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Will have a few days off over the weekend might give it another crack :) will keep you posted ;)

How did you get on? Any progress?

• Advertisement

Inver on the Kilcock to Clane road 116.9 for Diesel also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

How did you get on? Any progress?

I work in retail so thought in the evenings I'd have time to mess around with it and get the final few bits done, but the last couple of days I've been working 4 hours over my finish time, coming home showering having dinner and then falling alseep to Netflix. I've had no time due to whats happening.

As soon as things quieten down and I have some free time I'll do what I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Until 27/3/20

Until 27/3/20

Wins the watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does your local have disposable gloves at the pumps?? mine doesn't :(

btw 127.9 for petrol currently

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ian OB

Applegreen in Borrisokane currently €1.118 for diesel & €1.218 for petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭obi604

is there a website that reflects the prices now?

pumps.ie is dead yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

So long as people don't start driving around looking for the cheapest price.

The extra milage incurred will defeat a cheaper price elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Technique

Applegreen in Lifford now 113.8 for diesel and 116.8 for petrol.

Lots of messages going round, wear gloves when refuelling re: Corona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Makes sense to, at a minimum use hand sanitizer immediately after refueling.

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »
    Lots of messages going round, wear gloves when refuelling re: Corona.

Cheap diesel fuel for the car,
    this fuel for me;

ss_corona_beer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

1:12 a litre in Texaco model farm road today.

1:23 in glanmire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

119.9 for Diesel
    122.9 for Petrol

CircleK Tipperary Plaza. 4c off the above with fuel cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Technique wrote: »
    Applegreen in Lifford now 113.8 for diesel and 116.8 for petrol.

Still the same today, filled up on my way back to dublin - result!
    The prices on the border on the monaghan side are crazy though, still 125.9 per litre unleaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

ongarite wrote: »
    Makes sense to, at a minimum use hand sanitizer immediately after refueling.

Use unmanned petrol stations or stations that give you the options at paying at the pump to avoid interacting with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

90175914_3643337542405473_4478546911334236160_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=WZD4CUUbCTcAX-CKUeR&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=8a87d2168ae4de45352d53383558514a&oe=5E9C0504

Kavanagh's in Urlingford

Diesel: 110.9
    Petrol: 120.9

Circle K Ballincollig
    Diesel 1.16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Smart pump Fermoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

The best price in the Dundrum/Ballinteer area of south Dublin seems to be 131.8 petrol, 121.8 diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Circle K Kilmainham 120.9 for Diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

114.9 D, 124.9 P @ Circle K on Usher's Quay today.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Anyone passing Mountbrown?

90765067-1058507631193709-1734029931215585280-o.jpg

Model farm rd , cork

119.9 petrol
    112.9 diesel

Pic taken from their Facebook page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

@Mikeecho - good spot!!

This is the station beyond the Motor Tax office, just before the Tennis Village.

Circle K Kilmainham 116.8c for Diesel.

Ditto on the South link rd, cork

90584106-1613149588839603-2122470213734629376-o.jpg

90388635-3187280691284240-6604883398794149888-o.jpg

Dunno if these guys take DCI cards.

Lee garage, model farm rd. cork

So strange to see Cork fuel stations so much cheaper than Dublin. Live in Dublin but from Cork originally and I would be in cork at least once a month and usually find the cheaper stations in Dublin to be much cheaper than the cheaper stations in Cork by a good 3-4c per litre. It now seems to have reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭finalfurlong

Diesel at Maxol station ,Avenue rd,Dundalk at 1. 09 today.1.11 most other places in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Quick one,
    Is there any news of prices going back up?

The reason I ask is a local station here would always be the last to drop the prices but would always be the first to rise them.
    I noticed yesterday he had upped the price by 1c per liter on both petrol and diesel.

I know it is only 1c, but why would someone even do that when it is on a downward trend?
    Unless he knows something we don't.

Advertisement