Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pumps.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

mikeecho wrote: »
    I just don't find Waze as good. .. too few users, and not as user friendly for checking prices.

Just tap on the search box, tap on the pump icon, and it shows a map and list (sorted by distance) for you. It even pops up asking you if you want to search for local fuel prices if you stop moving for long enough. There are voice commands too.

Waze is better than nothing, and Pumps.ie right now is still nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭deezell

127.5 for Diesel in Maxol Newbridge yesterday. Applegreen also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

deezell wrote: »
    127.5 for Diesel in Maxol Newbridge yesterday. Applegreen also.

How do retailers claim they only make a few small cent on a little, when I know of stations selling diesel for 139.9, that's 12.4¢ more , and I presume that the maxol is still making profit at 127.5

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

How do retailers claim they only make a few small cent on a little, when I know of stations selling diesel for 139.9, that's 12.4¢ more , and I presume that the maxol is still making profit at 127.5

It depends how much they bought it for and they also have to figure out how much they will have to pay for the next tank. Here's the taxes and costs of fuel

There's a reason why most petrol stations now have coffee and food serving areas, there's huge profit on them, and loads of sweets, there's big profit on these.

True, I happily bought a few cones to lick while pulled in at the curragh, as it was Derby day. Lots of fine fillys there. €3 for cones from a €6 euro saving. I'd say Maxol made a killing from the passing punters, also the Kildare v Tyrone traffic going the opposite way. Ideal day to flog coffee and munchies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Just to let everyone know that I am actively developing a revamped version of Pumps.ie at the moment. I'm doing this in my spare time so can't give an estimated date when it will be live but I will keep you updated.

If anyone has any time to spare and has experience in Node.js, Mongo, Handlebars, Express then I'd appreciate any help.

Any features you'd like to see give me a PM and I'd happily add them to the list.

Just a small sneak peak and update.

Apologies if not allowed, mods can clarify if any rules are broke or this needs to be moved to a different forum, however it is technically motor related :pac:

Website is coming along nicely, still a couple features to add to it but hopefully it will be operational in the next week or so.

484857.PNG

484858.PNG

484859.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Passed the Applegreen in Cherry Orchard(Ballyfermot) last night, lowest prices I've seen for fuel.

Diesel : 117.8
    Petrol : 128.8

Haven't seen petrol priced this low in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jaysus. It's averaging 1.43 and 1.33 up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Apologies if not allowed, mods can clarify if any rules are broken
    No probs, as long as it is free to use I don't mind

• Advertisement

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Passed the Applegreen in Cherry Orchard(Ballyfermot) last night, lowest prices I've seen for fuel.

That's insane. Still 126.70 and 136.70 here lowest its been in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

I live near Blessington but work in Newbridge and there is 13 cent a litre in the difference in fuel prices in that short distance. (Cheaper in Newbridge)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    I live near Blessington but work in Newbridge and there is 13 cent a litre in the difference in fuel prices in that short distance. (Cheaper in Newbridge)

Saw 149.9 for petrol in Maxol in Blessington yesterday and then 135.9 in Applegreen Jobstown up the road. Seems to be a cosy cartel operating in Blessington between the three stations, it always takes them a couple of weeks to drop prices over surrounding towns like Newbridge, Naas and Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

123.9 Applegreen in Galway City today.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just on this for anyone else, after 9pm they usually drop their fuel by 2c, so i assume normal price is 119.8/130 (which is still good!)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

148 for petrol in Kenmare. 142 in Rathmore.........and then I see those Dublin prices. Severe problems with local competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

16c a litre difference between Circle K Shannon and Circle K Ennis.

JWebsite is coming along nicely, still a couple features to add to it but hopefully it will be operational in the next week or so.

Will there be an (Android) app ?

Will there be an (Android) app ?

Hopefully, once the website is up and running I'll look further into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Just a small sneak peak and update.

Apologies if not allowed, mods can clarify if any rules are broke or this needs to be moved to a different forum, however it is technically motor related :pac:

Website is coming along nicely, still a couple features to add to it but hopefully it will be operational in the next week or so.

Hi SweetCaliber, great to hear you are working on an update to pumps.ie, as you can see it has been badly missed.And thanks for posting here and letting us know, screenshots look good, nice and clean.

I'm sure the good folk here on this thread will be happy to test and give feedback as you go along, take your time and it will fall in to place in due course, no panic. Personally I used the desktop version on pc and smartphone.I liked that as you moved/zoomed the map it listed the stations in that map area with the cheapest first. A suggestion might be to also have traffic light colours for when the last update was logged, red for old and possibly out of date etc. I got caught out going to a station once that was dearer than the most recent update. Also would love to see a graph/log of daily average pump price vs barrel price and this data archived but I understand this requires time and effort as well as extra storage. Also worth reminding consumers how the pump price is calculated - tax, delivery charges etc, maybe a pie chart or infographic?

I would be happy to spread the word on the new site if you need to see good hit numbers early on, just say the word.

Also worth saying that in the last few posts here it has been highlighted again the large difference in prices from stations just a few miles apart and the small difference for stations in clusters. This can be a good thing with competition lowering prices, see Kimmage as an example, 4 stations and often at the cheaper end of things in Dublin. Your website supports this competition. Even if I have to spend some of what I save by going a little further for a cheaper station I am rewarding the competitive station, not giving custom to the dearer station and encouraging further competition.

Also worth considering if you need any supplies that could be bought from competitive station while you are there, tobacco for example is the same price everywhere and some forecourt shops do good value in certain items.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Del2005 wrote: »
    It depends how much they bought it for and they also have to figure out how much they will have to pay for the next tank. Here's the taxes and costs of fuel

There's a reason why most petrol stations now have coffee and food serving areas, there's huge profit on them, and loads of sweets, there's big profit on these.

Re: my point above about a pie-chart on pump price calculation, Del2005 had already posted a link to an interesting article on same. It's good to keep in mind how much goes to tax.

Any Idea what the new website will be called?

Also in an effort to get a lots of Up to date prices for the initial launch of the website, having a look at https://www.applegreenstores.com/locations/

They update on a daily basis

Any Idea what the new website will be called?

Also in an effort to get a lots of Up to date prices for the initial launch of the website, having a look at https://www.applegreenstores.com/locations/

They update on a daily basis

Got the domain pumpz.ie :D If the original pumps.ie domain expires might try buy it up once back on the market.

Yeah I have access to the AppleGreen API. Very up to date and easy to use. Will be using it mainly for local stores starting off. Shouldn't take too long for stations to pop up around the country on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

A week later, got diesel at same filling station yesterday. Can confirm that fuel is 2cent cheaper at night time. However, even with it been cheaper at night time, the day price is close to 10cent cheaper than anywhere else close by.

Diesel : 119.8
    Petrol : 130.8

A week later, got diesel at same filling station yesterday. Can confirm that fuel is 2cent cheaper at night time. However, even with it been cheaper at night time, the day price is close to 10cent cheaper than anywhere else close by.

Diesel : 119.8
    Petrol : 130.8
    The applegreen on the N4 in Palmerstown is matching Cherry Orchard, by day at any rate, 119.8, I was going that way on reserve in the tank, took exactly 70 litres, that's a €10 saving on some stations I passed.

Saw that Circle K on the N7 have diesel for 126.x at the moment, seems cheap for the location tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

deezell wrote: »
    The applegreen on the N4 in Palmerstown is matching Cherry Orchard, by day at any rate, 119.8, I was going that way on reserve in the tank, took exactly 70 litres, that's a €10 saving on some stations I passed.

I got petrol there on Sunday for €126.8. Was 128.8 on Saturday evening and 132.8 today.

Meanwhile Tesco in Finglas is 149.9

Any update ?

I hope things are progressing well.

Any update ?

I hope things are progressing well.

Hiya,

Currently doing nights in work and sleeping during the day for the next 3 weeks so will only be working on it in free time when off. Things are progressing well just slowly at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Using the applegreen app today , diesel said 123.8€ in cherryorchard, when I got there it was 130€ ,so I got it in circle K,128€ , the price on the app is still showing 123.8€ for 12:15pm. I can't understand why.

Advertisement