Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Catsi Creative

When I ordered there were two options for the icon; the virus or a house - it looks like she has now added a couple of other options (loo roll and a rainbow)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, definitely have to get one of those! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Does anyone know any companies in Ireland that have stuff like Catsi Creative? I'm really making a huge effort to buy Irish and buy local.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anyone know any companies in Ireland that have stuff like Catsi Creative? I'm really making a huge effort to buy Irish and buy local.

I’ll keep an eye out for you.
    You might see stuff on Facebook groups/pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Catsi Creative

When I ordered there were two options for the icon; the virus or a house - it looks like she has now added a couple of other options (loo roll and a rainbow)

That's brilliant, one to keep for future years, torn between the loo roll and the virus though i suppose the loo roll one might bring a smile back in years to come so will probably go for that one :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Elves, I plan on making my own crackers this year with a trinket that's a bit posher than the usual ones.

I'll put some posh makeup in it for me, and a toy of some sort is easy for the little fella but it's just himself that I'm stuck on.

Any ideas of something for a man that would fit in a toilet roll core? He's got loads of aftershave so that's out.

Neyite wrote: »
    Elves, I plan on making my own crackers this year with a trinket that's a bit posher than the usual ones.

I'll put some posh makeup in it for me, and a toy of some sort is easy for the little fella but it's just himself that I'm stuck on.

Any ideas of something for a man that would fit in a toilet roll core? He's got loads of aftershave so that's out.

Swiss army knife, multitool that sort of thing if he is a bit handy around the house (sorry how that sounds!!), one of those mini high powered torches - all men love those.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Neyite wrote: »

Bottle opener is handy too. Or a dinky car of his favourite car.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

love christmas but have never been a fan of its traditional food and drink

Egg Nog: nope
    Mince Pies: nope
    Christmas Cake: nope
    Christmas Pudding: nope
    Mulled Wine: nope
    Sprouts: nope

On the other hand :-)

Tins of sweets: Yup
    Selection Box: Yup
    Tins of Buscuits: Yup
    Boxes of tayto: Yup
    Tubs of smarties: Yup

Unfortunately for my waist band I love everything on that list. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

First of the santa shop done last night, gaming chair for himself and a Tom Gates bookset for herself. So we're officially up and running. Not gonna lie, feels good LOL.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I've a few small things bought. I normally have ideas I can plant in their heads as suggestions but no ideas yet. It makes sense to start it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’ve a few things got too. I love being organised and not under pressure in December. I would normally have most presents finished and even wrapped by October weekend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Resurrected our Xmas suggestion whatsapp thread for 2020 with the other half.

We each send each other screen shots of gift suggestions aa we see them given both of us are hard to buy for and we both want to give stuff that will actually be used.

Is not used solely to purchase presents but helps as we put in big and small things (not sure ill get the new Sansung folding phone- wishfult thinking on my part!).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How do you guys find the masks?
    I find them fine to be honest. They don’t bother me in the slightest now and even at the start I didn’t really mind them.
    I’ve mainly wore the disposable ones. I’ve worn the reusable ones also and the were a bit tight on my ears. (Freshpopcorn has a massive head).
    Most importantly are you going to get some Christmas themed ones?
    I hope to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have been listening to cant wait for Christmas podcast on the way to work each day. I have years to get through so am cherry picking episodes, if anyone has some recommendations of specific episodes it would be welcomed. I cant seem to find the Britmas one on podcast republic.

The mask thing is heavily enforced here, if you leave the house you wear a mask, in the car with 3 or more people you wear a mask (unless direct family). The fines are massive so you just do it. It's annoying walking around with the little one in the heat and having my glasses steam up. If I put the mask under my specs then my specs slide down to the bottom of my nose. But the end justifies the means so we put up with it.

I find them fine to be honest. They don’t bother me in the slightest now and even at the start I didn’t really mind them.
    I’ve mainly wore the disposable ones. I’ve worn the reusable ones also and the were a bit tight on my ears. (Freshpopcorn has a massive head).
    I hope to this year.

I have ordered about 6 Christmas themed masks from Wish.com. Cheap as chips and if we have to wear them then we may as well have a bit of fun with them :)

I hope to this year.

Yeah I don’t mind wearing them at all. If they save someone’s life all the better if they’re useless worst thing I did was wear a bit of cloth on my face. There’s no downside here.

I’m absolutely going to buy Christmas themed ones. There are NFL and EPL ones out I’m currently eyeballing too.

Aawww Christmas themed masks! Hadn't even thought of that! I'm kinda getting into choosing cute masks! It's just another 'fashion' item at this stage and I love any excuse to shop! :D

Anyway, I just popped in to say I'm getting serious Christmas vibes lately. With the evenings getting darker and the weather suddenly so much colder I'm getting those Christmas feels! Puts me in such good form!

This Christmas could be a bit different. Maybe there'll be a lockdown? Maybe I won't be able to spend it with my family? I feel like if those things happen it will be sad but because it will affect everyone I think I'd be ok with it. It would mean a very quiet but very cosy Christmas with just my partner and I. (We've never spent Christmas alone!) Anyway, no matter what happens, normal or different, I can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got my first Christmas mask during the week. Reindeer and snowflakes!

• Advertisement

Have had my Christmas masks ready to go for about a month now. :D

3gGztVj.jpg

^^^^. They’re very nice posy - where did you purchase?

One positive about kids going back to school is, it’s the first step to normality and the first marker to the march to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Loughc wrote: »
    One positive about kids going back to school is, it’s the first step to normality and the first marker to the march to Christmas.

Yep, really looking forward to the Autumn weather hitting us now. A few more steps to go until Christmas. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ordered my 100 day countdown calendar this week, I think this year we all need a bit of festive cheer more than ever.
    With no foreign holidays with a pretty rubbish summer weatherwise, I'm going to do my best to make it a great one and go a bit crazy with decorations, lights, the whole 9 yards. Usually I wait until the week before Christmas to put up the decorations, this year its going to be the first weekend in December :)

Think I will be decorating on 28th-29th November. Although a few things might be sneaking in a bit sooner for the year that's in it!

I'm looking forward to heading to the BT Christmas shop, to cheer myself up after such a miserable month/year.

Posy wrote: »
    Think I will be decorating on 28th-29th November. Although a few things might be sneaking in a bit sooner for the year that's in it!

I'm looking forward to heading to the BT Christmas shop, to cheer myself up after such a miserable month/year.

Do you know the date BT are opening the Christmas shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Do you know the date BT are opening the Christmas shop?

Jesus, No!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

Hello everyone, I'm a lurker but love the positivity in this thread. I am really starting to believe that people who love christmas are generally happier people by default (or bounce back quicker). Could be completely wrong, but the positive vibes in here are infectious.

I noticed Dunnes has their Save for Christmas stamps posters up now. I've never done it, but it seems you get 2% savings with that deal. Is it worth it?

• Advertisement

Seamai wrote: »
    Jesus, No!!!!

Yessssssssssss :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement