Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    I must admit, a lot of these artists christmas albums do nothing for me at all and I don't know many people outside of fans of the artists themselves that would bother with these compilations, so I wonder do they really sell that well? Be interesting to see the figures in comparison to non christmas albums.

Would many of you guys here be bothered with christmas albums? I tend to stick to christmas FM, spotify or the likes of Now Christmas compilations etc. & other than the Andy Williams christmas album have never bought one (by a single artist) & dont see myself ever doing so either.

It's Christmas FM and Now Christmas for me mostly, I do listen to the new albums and some songs make it into my Christmas playlist rotation. Kelly Clarkson, Alexandria Burke and Robbie Williams are examples of some who's songs have made it into the rotation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

RTÉ have launched there Autumn/Winter schedule for 2020.

Link?

I'll be interested what new shows they can offer cause of COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Link?

I'll be interested what new shows they can offer cause of COVID.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058108093/1/#post114438376

As expected, nothing special.

We’ll have Ryan and Ray talking about Covid deaths and Celebrities/social media stars with how they are finding Covid19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭DvB

It's Christmas FM and Now Christmas for me mostly, I do listen to the new albums and some songs make it into my Christmas playlist rotation. Kelly Clarkson, Alexandria Burke and Robbie Williams are examples of some who's songs have made it into the rotation.

Agree, I tend to add the odd new song to my playlist if I hear one & like it, Taylor Swifts Christmas tree farm being one I added last year.

but listening to one artists christmas album (other than the oldies such as Andy Williams) I just dont really see myself ever being that in to being honest. ' The new songs I do add I tend to hear on Christmas FM or on the Christmas music TV channels.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I actually don't know when I last bought an album, maybe 10 years ago? Spotify and YouTube are where I have a listen. The name of Dolly's album is brilliant though :)

Reading there what RTE have an offer reminds me how glad I am that we don't have tv channels in the house. I'd maybe have an interest in the DIY stuff, but the rest sounds a bit morbid :o

Macaulay Culkin celebrated his 40th birthday yesterday

https://twitter.com/IncredibleCulk/status/1298730289737293824?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Macaulay Culkin celebrated his 40th birthday yesterday

https://twitter.com/IncredibleCulk/status/1298730289737293824?s=20

Oh man it so hard to believe time is just whizzing by. God I wish we could get a few really good new Christmas movies you know with the quality of home alone and elf etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I must admit, a lot of these artists christmas albums do nothing for me at all and I don't know many people outside of fans of the artists themselves that would bother with these compilations, so I wonder do they really sell that well? Be interesting to see the figures in comparison to non christmas albums.

Would many of you guys here be bothered with christmas albums? I tend to stick to christmas FM, spotify or the likes of Now Christmas compilations etc. & other than the Andy Williams christmas album have never bought one (by a single artist) & dont see myself ever doing so either.

I bought a 'Now that's what I call Christmas album' on itunes many moons ago only to notice a few years ago that many of the songs no longer worked. Got on to itunes and they informed me their license for the songs has expired and they offered me a few cents back. That was the end of itunes for me.

Apart from that I bought the Home Alone soundtrack which I in the CD player of a car I sold. I sold it in the middle of summer so the new owner must have thought I was bonkers.

Christmas fm all the way for me and Youtube for carol of the bells, Andy Williams, and straight no chaser.

• Advertisement

Agree, I tend to add the odd new song to my playlist if I hear one & like it, Taylor Swifts Christmas tree farm being one I added last year.

Oh yes that's a good one to add to the rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Hi all
    Just checking in to get a bit of build up to start thinking about xmas 2020 and I see it is really beginning to start up already. I haven't been on here for a while and its lovely to see everyone in good spirits in spite of covid19.

Actually I love to get a new Xmas album every year. It's actually like a christmas tradition in our house to have a new one each year. I have gotten loads over the years but the oldies or reboots of old xmas albums are my fave. I love Christmas FM in the car but when I am at home I like to put on a favourite xmas album for the xmas feeling.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I have a huge Christmas playlist on Spotify but I also have a big collection of Christmas music on vinyl. Great compilation albums but Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Phil Spector all have fantastic Christmas albums.

Well we're into the 110's, kids back at school, only a few days until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like to see if they’ll have some new songs on them, I have Lea Michelle’s Christmas album on repeat on my iTunes playlist at the moment :D I’m enjoying her version of O Holy night :) and my fav is definitely Michael Bublé’s album :D

Can’t wait for Christmas FM to be back :)

I have a huge Christmas playlist on Spotify but I also have a big collection of Christmas music on vinyl. Great compilation albums but Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Phil Spector all have fantastic Christmas albums.

The old crooner ones are great, love them & have them all myself (not the phil spector one though, must have alook for that one) though not on vinyl admittedly. & as i said, I think the only one I actually went out & bought on CD was the Andy Williams one, the others I got from spotify or iTunes.

Ah lads today is a day for a open fire and a hot chocolate.

The dog tricked me this morning, he said the weather was fine this morning for a walk so off we went, we both got a wee bit wet, sneaky dog!

Ah lads today is a day for a open fire and a hot chocolate.

The dog tricked me this morning, he said the weather was fine this morning for a walk so off we went, we both got a wee bit wet, sneaky dog!

Yeah, the drive in this morning wasn't the nicest, left the house at 6.45 and it was lashing rain & the coolest I've felt it in a while at that time of day. Definitely feeling the real autumn weather closing in, no sign of an indian summer in 2020, which is par for the course in this miserable excuse of a year really.

Think I'll listen to a few more of the christmas podcasts whilst in the office today.
    Was listening to the Die Hard one yesterday which was the first decent one in a while, some of the ones before that were a bit 'meh' unless you're a fan of disney!

• Advertisement

Yeah, the drive in this morning wasn't the nicest, left the house at 6.45 and it was lashing rain & the coolest I've felt it in a while at that time of day. Definitely feeling the real autumn weather closing in, no sign of an indian summer in 2020, which is par for the course in this miserable excuse of a year really.

Think I'll listen to a few more of the christmas podcasts whilst in the office today.
    Was listening to the Die Hard one yesterday which was the first decent one in a while, some of the ones before that were a bit 'meh' unless you're a fan of disney!

Yea the Can't Wait For Christmas is deffo hit and miss. Merry Britmas is good, short snappy episodes.

Merry Britmas is good, short snappy episodes.

Where'd you source that one?

Where'd you source that one?

I get it from Apple Podcasts

I get it from Apple Podcasts

This the one?

https://merrybritsmas.podbean.com/

I just saw a post from a U.K. page saying Nestle’s Dairybox are doing a Christmas addition this year including Gingerbread and Christmas pudding flavors!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep that's the one!

Yep that's the one!

Excellent, another one to line up! Cheers for the heads up :)

BTW just listened to the 'Its a wonderful life' cant wait for christmas podcast, probably my favourite one to date, loved it.
    Currently listening to the January weight loss one & its actually quite funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

We usually try to get a decoration (or a keyring that will work as a decoration) when we go away.

I don't see that happening this year so I got this instead

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Where did you get that one Rucking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement