Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I heard on a podcast that Suh has not been considering low offers, which is why he is still on the market. Below is the amount of cash he has taken home by year since entering the league:

2010 $3.1mm
    2011 $25.8mm
    2012 $10.4mm
    2013 $12.3mm
    2014 $12.7mm
    2015 $26.5mm
    2016 $13.5mm
    2017 $20mm
    2018 $14.5mm

So when you have coined over $135mm over the last 9 years, it is easy to understand why you wouldn't want to put your body through another year of punishment.

He won't be getting anything approaching vet minimum would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

D9Male wrote: »
    I heard on a podcast that Suh has not been considering low offers, which is why he is still on the market. Below is the amount of cash he has taken home by year since entering the league:

2010 $3.1mm
    2011 $25.8mm
    2012 $10.4mm
    2013 $12.3mm
    2014 $12.7mm
    2015 $26.5mm
    2016 $13.5mm
    2017 $20mm
    2018 $14.5mm

So when you have coined over $135mm over the last 9 years, it is easy to understand why you wouldn't want to put your body through another year of punishment.

If he was to take a lower deal he might as well hold out until mid season and see how things are stacking up and join one of the favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You see it's quite clear that Suh doesn't give a damn about winning things, all that matters is the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

eagle eye wrote: »
    You see it's quite clear that Suh doesn't give a damn about winning things, all that matters is the green.

Oh in the past I agree fully, but if it gets to a point this year where he's only getting low offers then he might change his mind. He'll obviously choose money over winning if that is put in front of him, but I feel it is getting to the point where the gamble on him isn't worth it for teams that wont be in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Foxtrol wrote: »
    If he was to take a lower deal he might as well hold out until mid season and see how things are stacking up and join one of the favourites.

Take the summer off, wait till someone gets injured in week 3 and gets desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

D9Male wrote: »
    Not sure he'll get the money he wants either. An absolute beast of a player, but the Fins def over paid him. I'm not sure his production has merited his pay (just in terms of his game winning contribution), but he was really good in the playoffs last year, so he still has something to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The 2019 season schedule for the pre and regular season are up on game pass. It won’t be long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Off-season is flying. Granted, football was dead to me for the 3 months following the Parkey miss which shortened it.

It's almost June already! So much to look forward to. The bears kicking competition. Haskins in Washington. Counting how many days it takes for Burfict & AB to get in a fight. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I can't wait for the first "Team X are looking great" or "Player Y is really dominating" post on here after a few days of practice with no pads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

These days it's wake me up when they're at 53.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yup. I'd happily have gone my whole life without finding out what OTA stood for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

The Sunday Divisional Matches in the Playoffs have had their times changed for next season:
    They used to be at 6:05pm and 9:40pm our time but they have now changed it to 8:00pm and 11:30pm.

Cleveland has been awarded the 2021 NFL Draft with Kansas getting the 2023 Draft. Las Vegas will host the draft next year and no announcement has been made about 2022.

The Combine will remain in Indy for at least the next two years but the on-field drills will now be moved to prime time.

And of course we have the first "non contact injury of training camp" sweepstakes which normally happens fairly quickly day one of training camps.

I can't wait for the first "Team X are looking great" or "Player Y is really dominating" post on here after a few days of practice with no pads.

You mean the vince young dream team award ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And of course we have the first "non contact injury of training camp" sweepstakes which normally happens fairly quickly day one of training camps.

Well the Redskins got an early start on that prize with Reuben Foster tearing his ACL on his first snap in OTAs on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

You mean the vince young dream team award ?

Never heard of it,never happened

nerd69 wrote: »
    Never heard of it,never happened

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,993 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Chargers.

The answer is always the Chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Richie incognito gone to the raiders please please please let them be the choice for hard knocks. So many 'strong' characters and opinions to be had there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Richie incognito gone to the raiders please please please let them be the choice for hard knocks. So many 'strong' characters and opinions to be had there

I wonder will they hold off the Raiders till next year so they can get the move to Vegas included in the series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

coco0981 wrote: »
    I wonder will they hold off the Raiders till next year so they can get the move to Vegas included in the series?

It would still be class this year with all they have going on. The other eligible teams are the 49er, giants, lions and Redskins

Wouldn’t mind the Giants or 49ers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

coco0981 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same based on the Rams being selected in their first season in LA and that it's a certainty the Raiders won't make the play-offs this season and Gruden won't be sacked so they will be eligible in 2020. This year's should be announced very shortly, if OBJ wasn't traded I'd be certain it would have been the Giants, Redskins would be my choice

As a Redskins fan, I'm hoping it's not them. They're a sh1t show of an organisation and the last thing we need is for TV cameras showing has dysfunctional they are.

Jay Gruden was pushing today for them to pick the Raiders so John probably wasn't too happy with him for that.

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same based on the Rams being selected in their first season in LA and that it's a certainty the Raiders won't make the play-offs this season and Gruden won't be sacked so they will be eligible in 2020. This year's should be announced very shortly, if OBJ wasn't traded I'd be certain it would have been the Giants, Redskins would be my choice

First season back in LA technically. The only thing that hard knocks of the rams showed how utterly devoid of personality Jeff fisher has/had. 7-9 indeed Jeff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The first of June and I can smell the hope and enthusiasm of all the NFL rosters around the US thinking this is their year. Everyone is 0-0-0 in the standings and anything can happen. And for the first time in maybe a couple of generations the Cleveland browns have legitimate reason to be hopeful.

The irony of writing an article explaining why Trubisky is the worst starting QB in the league under a picture of him playing in the pro bowl.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-what-the-advanced-analytics-say-about-mitchell-trubiksy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Oat23 wrote: »
    The irony of writing an article explaining why Trubisky is the worst starting QB in the league under a picture of him playing in the pro bowl.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-what-the-advanced-analytics-say-about-mitchell-trubiksy
    I didn't need to go any further than seeing the link to PFF.

Sadly they've been legitimised now by the likes of SNF on TV and the NFL posting their grades on their social media accounts every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oat23 wrote: »

Sadly they've been legitimised now by the likes of SNF on TV and the NFL posting their grades on their social media accounts every week.
    Helps that Chris collinsworth has a massive stake in the company and uses his platform on snf to promote it relentlessly. (And I like collinsworth, though I'm definitely in a minority there)

Advertisement