Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Eod100 wrote: »
    Seems bit odd when they presumably know already if tickets are on sale from Monday, guess its wait and see so

Actually just came across this for anyone who might like to know in advance how much debt you'll be getting yourself into on Monday if you are lucky enough to get the chance to buy some tickets.....

Cat 4 with qf ticket will be €255 and Cat 3 €455.....anyone that can afford more than that here's the link for the prices

https://www.theoffsideline.com/2023-rugby-world-cup-ticketing-prices-announced/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Actually just came across this for anyone who might like to know in advance how much debt you'll be getting yourself into on Monday if you are lucky enough to get the chance to buy some tickets.....

Cat 4 with qf ticket will be €255 and Cat 3 €455.....anyone that can afford more than that here's the link for the prices

https://www.theoffsideline.com/2023-rugby-world-cup-ticketing-prices-announced/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23

Ah nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eposhea

Those prices suddenly got a little spicy alright!

Not sure why you're all bothering. Sure we won't even be halfway through the first decade of the pandemic by the time this comes around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

Dav010 wrote: »
    You can pick up prepaid MasterCard/currency card in the post office, same day, just bring passport/driving licence and a utility bill.

Nice tip! Picked one up this morning- pretty handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Anyone know if you can buy multiple packs?

Four of us hoping to go so obviously would like to sit together, how does that work? Can I buy four packs on one account? Or even two and someone else buy two?

Can't find anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hoboo wrote: »

Four of us hoping to go so obviously would like to sit together, how does that work? Can I buy four packs on one account? Or even two and someone else buy two?

Under the faqs:

"How many tickets can I order?

You can book up to 6 packs (including several matches) per order.

If you wish to purchase more tickets as an individual, we invite you to place multiple orders. Nevertheless, we remind you that contiguity of seats will not be guaranteed between different orders.

If you are a company, a club, a works council or an association, a dedicated page to purchase tickets will soon be put online.
    "

Seating at a world cup is an absolute lucky dip

Speaking of seats, this is rough description.

In each venue, 4 categories of seats are available. Generally at RWC 2023 venues the seating configuration is as described below. However it may differ between venues so please refer to the individual venue seating maps:

Category 1: Along the side of the pitch between the try lines
    Category 2: A corner of the stadium
    Category 3: Behind the posts in the mid-tier
    Category 4: Behind the posts either in the lower or upper tier

rwc seating.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I assume Cat 4 tickets will be like golddust.

I hope you can sell tickets on an exchange like previous tournaments. I might buy the Ireland pack but there's no chance I'll go to all four pool games.

• Advertisement

I assume Cat 4 tickets will be like golddust.

I hope you can sell tickets on an exchange like previous tournaments. I might buy the Ireland pack but there's no chance I'll go to all four pool games.

Would say so alright, will be small allocation to begin with and with France being so easy to get to and the pent up demand with not being able to go to games say they will be snapped up quickly alright.

Hopefully there is a reselling platform. Doesn't seem to be anything official about one yet but could be shifting the tickets before announcing that I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Looking at the city packs; anyone know how much choice we will have if we go for the 3 match option ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Site allows update of (master)card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Just on the an Post FX Mastercards.

I believe that the total amount you can spend in a 24hr period is €2k just in case you had to get multiple packages that cost over that amount.

Is this a ballot or first come, first served?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Just a heads up in case anyone gets caught out next Monday, only Mastercard is being accepted for the pre-sale on the 15th March apparently.

"Only Mastercard, Visa and CB cards are accepted on our website. Please note that from 15 to 17 March 2021, only Mastercard cards will be accepted."
    (Source: https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq)

Just realised my virtual and disposable cards on Revolut are MasterCard. Physical card is Visa. So if you've Revolut, sorted.

Got an email today:

RWC 2023 exclusive presale - Your invite

Then theres a note saying its your last change to register. I click on the link and it brings me to the home page with the 'activate your account' message.
    My initials are in the top right corner now so I believe this is me activated, does that also count as registering?

Whoever signed of on this site needs a kick up the arse, clear as mud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

PMC83 wrote: »
    Got an email today:

Then theres a note saying its your last change to register. I click on the link and it brings me to the home page with the 'activate your account' message.
    My initials are in the top right corner now so I believe this is me activated, does that also count as registering?

Everyone I've spoken to has the same issue. It's bizarre.

PMC83 wrote: »
    Got an email today:

Bit confusing alright but you should have got an email from France 2023 confirming activating shortly after. Think the one today might have been a generic reminder one for people who haven't yet registered.

But yeah but between that and basic spelling errors on the site they really should have tested it more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Seems like team packs are back, like the last time it was in France (don't think it has been repeated for a while?)

Think I've activated my account although no activation email received?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seems like team packs are back, like the last time it was in France (don't think it has been repeated for a while?)

Think I've activated my account although no activation email received?

There were team packs in Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Site was closed yesterday evening because of glitches, just make sure you have MasterCard details in payment section and remember that the sale starts at 11am on Monday, not midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hysenberg

Just realised my virtual and disposable cards on Revolut are MasterCard. Physical card is Visa. So if you've Revolut, sorted.

sorry just to be clear, a disposable revolut card will work for this site?
    Also how much should we load onto the card to get groups games plus QF game?

(I haven't used revolut disposable cards before so not sure if money can be transferred on/off it easily?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I didn't get any email, very odd altogether

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I didn't get any email, very odd altogether

Its a serious mess Pudsy, but we'll get there, we always do

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BillH93

Hi guys, just 2 quick questions on the ticket sale, if anyone can help if would be greatly appreciated!

1. Do you have to have card details saved before the deadline?

2. If I do manage to get tickets and for whatever reason can't attend a particular game is it possible to give the ticket family member/friend that might want?

Has anyone seen anything on pricing ahead of Monday?

Oh and what's this about a Mastercard pre sale, I have MC and haven't heard anything,? You people with Visa can wait behind lol

"To celebrate the partnership between Mastercard and Rugby World Cup France 2023, Mastercard cardholders will have priority access to the pre-sale from 15-17 March"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Love if this was held in summer and go over for all the pool games. Everyone back in school Sept 😭😭

wingnut wrote: »
    Love if this was held in summer and go over for all the pool games. Everyone back in school Sept 😭😭

Did that in 2007, in and out every weekend for about 8 weeks. Celtic tiger baby!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If you buy the team pack I presume you get separate tickets for each match, i.e its not just one ticket for all 4 matches ?

Advertisement