Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Games Have You Completed? (2021 Edition)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Game|Platform|Game|Platform
    Megaman X2|SNES||
    Streets of Rage 4|PC||
    Sekiro|PC||
    Megaman 7|SNES||
    Megaman 8|PS1||
    Megaman X3|SNES||
    Megaman & Bass|SNES||
    13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim|PS4||

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Really did not know what to expect from this. A plot heavy game from Vanillaware who despite really enjoying all their games haven't really excelled when it comes to plot.

Thankfully I had nothing to worry about. 13 Sentinels is a triumph of sci-fi writing. The story following the 13 protagonists is full surprises and while complex is never hard to follow or convoluted which is an achievement considering all the plot threads that need to be disentangled. Any complaints are minor, there's more focus on exploring the science fiction than characterisation but this never really detracted from it. To me it was an exploration on how pop culture affects and influences us and it's importance.

There's a battle mode as well which while not very challenging I did find a lot of fun. While the main game has some of the best looking visuals of any game of last generation, the battle mode is represented in abstract tron like visuals. I didn't have a problem with this but it would have been great to see the battles in gorgeous vanillaware 2D art. The sound design is fantastic here with each attack feeling very impactful. And while we are on sound this game has the best soundtrack I've heard from last year. The battle themes in particular are absolute standouts.

Super easy Platinum as well considering it's my only platinum trophy and I've absolutely no interest in getting trophies but still got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Megaman X2|SNES||
    Streets of Rage 4|PC||
    Sekiro|PC||
    Megaman 7|SNES||
    Megaman 8|PS1||
    Megaman X3|SNES||
    Megaman & Bass|SNES||

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Really did not know what to expect from this. A plot heavy game from Vanillaware who despite really enjoying all their games haven't really excelled when it comes to plot.

Thankfully I had nothing to worry about. 13 Sentinels is a triumph of sci-fi writing. The story following the 13 protagonists is full surprises and while complex is never hard to follow or convoluted which is an achievement considering all the plot threads that need to be disentangled. Any complaints are minor, there's more focus on exploring the science fiction than characterisation but this never really detracted from it. To me it was an exploration on how pop culture affects and influences us and it's importance.

There's a battle mode as well which while not very challenging I did find a lot of fun. While the main game has some of the best looking visuals of any game of last generation, the battle mode is represented in abstract tron like visuals. I didn't have a problem with this but it would have been great to see the battles in gorgeous vanillaware 2D art. The sound design is fantastic here with each attack feeling very impactful. And while we are on sound this game has the best soundtrack I've heard from last year. The battle themes in particular are absolute standouts.

Super easy Platinum as well considering it's my only platinum trophy and I've absolutely no interest in getting trophies but still got it!

Had my eye on this for a while. Down to 29.99 on PS store at the moment too. Tempted, although I only started into Demon Souls yesterday so will probably be at that for a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's worth it. It's like binging an amazing sci-fi series. It's pretty much the best thing I played that was released last year. The disappointing Last of Us 2 made off with all the story and narrative awards last year like a criminal when this game exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Congrats on your first. May this be the beginning of something beautiful. :D

You seem to get a lot of platinum's. You must research a game before you play it as no way do you get platinum's going in blind as a lot of games you need to do specific things or tricks.

Congrats on your first. May this be the beginning of something beautiful. :D

I've no interest at all in achievements but Sony's trophies are an awful system. They're shoehorned into the operating system and there's still issues with them loading. It's just a horrible system to use, whereas you can check achievements instantaneously on XBox. So I've even less interest in Sony's half arsed version :)

• Advertisement

Not true. The Xbox version of a platinum is a 1000 score from the game and each additional dlc adds 200 I think. Same thing really. And it was deisgned well before trophy hunters and completionists took things to extremes. To be honest, nobody is forcing them to buy dlc

Games were always 1000 GS from the get go and 200 for the arcade games this is back on the 360 era. It's a bit complicated regarding DLC as they all differ it used to be 250 for a large DLC but that has changed for many many years as some are 500 and some if not more.

I'm no expert on GS anymore but as I said they were always 1000 per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

GAME Black Mesa (Half-Life Remake)
    PLATFORM PC

Jesus.....where do I start with this...

I am, by no means - no stretch of the imagination, a fan of Half-Life. I have never been interested in the games at all. My first time playing Half-Life was kind of by accident, in a way. My cousin and I were in the video shop (I was about 12) and we could not decide what game to rent. One stranger recommended Half-Life to us -- told us it was amazing.

My cousin wanted to get it but I wanted to get a different game. I didn't like the look of it. So I got Metal Gear Solid 2 and he got Half-Life.

We tried out Half-Life first. Christ I thought it looked boring, "oh wow a crowbar". Puny aliens for enemies and a very boring environment.

I avoided the game, and the series, ever since - hated it. At no point was I ever enticed to try it out apart from maybe one time about 10 years ago. Still couldn't get into it. Fast-forward to now where I've just went and impulsively bought, pretty much the entire franchise, including all expansions, Portal 1 & 2 and Team Fortress 1 & 2.

I tried Half-Life 1, thought the visuals were ugly as sin and the audio was very tin-can-like. I tried Half-Life Source (basically a light remaster of the game using the newer Source engine). Had to download a mod that fixed a load of bugs but it would ultimately lock me out of my Steam integration -- screenshots, play time, none of it counted, and I really enjoy that aspect of Steam. So I naturally dropped it.

Then I found Black Mesa - I had no idea it was a remake of the original, so I got it without thinking.

I started to enjoy it more, this time. I opened my mind and played it for what it is.

And...….. it was okay.

The first half of the game was not that bad. I enjoyed solving a few of the puzzles, and I was really enjoying the fact that 70% of the game's "world" was all linked together. Every level was connected and there were no Chapter-Loading-Screens (there were a few times where the game would stop to load for a few seconds just to render in the next area but it wasn't so intrusive that it killed the momentum). The gunplay felt satisfying, albeit my shaky hand was not a big help at times (this is the first time I've ever beaten a PC game while exclusively using a mouse and keyboard. At no point did I switch to or from a gamepad. I'm quite proud of this :pac:)

The last 3 or 4 chapters of the game really dragged on, with the final 2 chapters being ridiculously long. It was at this point I was starting to get really drained and fed up.. Once I got to the final chapter I thought I was nearing the end. No, 2 hours later I finally got to the last boss.

The length ruined what was the beginning of my actual enjoyment of this game. I am not a fan of the setting, I don't care about the characters
    (bar one recurring character that appears in the background, subtly, throughout certain parts of the game, until he finally approaches you at the end. He was the only person that interested me. I couldn't care less about Gordon Freeman at this moment)
    and the enemies are too similar to
    The Flood from Halo
    , who I ****ing loathe with a passion, so it was quite the turn off here.

I'm happy I was able to tick it off the list as a game I had to play to justify an opinion, and my opinion is it was okay, but I doubt I'll go back...

Technically, and I'll give the devs a soft pass with this as it was an unofficial remake at the time it was made, but the game's performance was really inconsistent at times. All the indoor sections were mostly fine. But the outdoor sections and the last few chapters were really starting to chug. The game is not very well optimised. But then again it looked like it was pushing the Source engine to its absolute limits. Even turning my graphics settings down to low did nothing to fix the performance.

TL;DR: Black Mesa/Half-Life is a game I avoided for 20 years and after finally giving it a go from start to finish I can safely say my opinion of the game is it's better than I thought but it's not as good as I hoped. I haven't decided if I'll continue playing the series. I found this really dull at times, and I also think it outstayed its welcome after I got to the last 3 chapters.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|
    #|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM

1|RESIDENT EVIL 3|PS4|11|NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM|XBOX 360|21|SF ALPHA 3 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

2|ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN|PS4|12|FATAL FURY (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|22|SF3: NEW GENERATION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

3|GRIS|PS4|13|STREET FIGHTER (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|23|SF3: 2ND IMPACT (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

4|SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD|PS4|14|SFII: THE WORLD WARRIOR (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|24|SF3: 3RD STRIKE (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION|PC

5|STREETS OF RAGE 4|SWITCH|15|SFII: CHAMPION EDITION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|25|SHANK|PC

6|KOF '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|16|SFII: HYPER FIGHTING (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|26|SHANK 2|PC

7|KOF '95 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PS4|17|SSFII: THE NEW CHALLENGERS (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|27|BLACK MESA|PC

8|KOF '96 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PS4|18|SSFII TURBO (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

9|KOF '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PS4|19|SF ALPHA (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

10|KOF '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PS4|20|SF ALPHA 2 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

Ok, looks like Retro and you were right. I checked my 360 and COD classic had a max GS of 200 but all the other games had a base of 1000 GS. Still a crappy system though, although I must say looking at how close I am to maxing out a lot of them one might be tempted...

I only respect people with a high gamerscore and don't when they talk about trophies.

It's weird that during the 360 everyone was all about gamerscore and nobody cared about trophies and now with the complete belly flop that was the Xbox One Trophies are all I hear about.

I only respect people with a high gamerscore and don't when they talk about trophies.

It's weird that during the 360 everyone was all about gamerscore and nobody cared about trophies and now with the complete belly flop that was the Xbox One Trophies are all I hear about.

My trophy level means nothing to me now, since they changed the numbering system on it. It's now three-hundred-and-something - I've no idea.

My Xbox gamerscore is in the 100,000s, do you respect me??? :pac:

• Advertisement

My Xbox gamerscore is in the 100,000s, do you respect me??? :pac:

I'm proud of you :pac:

I'm proud of you :pac:

I feel loved.

Seems like you prefer the GS just because it's a relic system rather than because it's genuinely better.

Well I don't care about either but I prefer Gamerscore because it actually works on a technical level.

On XBox if I want to check achievements and check what achievements my friends have and so a comparison is super quick with instantaneous loading and near instantaneous when looking at a friends.

Trophies on the other hand have always been a disaster technically. They take ages to load up if you just want to check. I noticed when I got my platinum they also take forever to update as I went to check if I did actually get a platinum but my trophies were at 60% for a good two minutes before updating.

And then checking a friends trophies? Forget about it unless you can wait until the heat death of the sun before they load.

So even though I don't care about either I'd sometimes check achievements as it's so quick and easy whereas I've to put on the kettle to check trophies while they load so never bother.

Well I don't care about either but I prefer Gamerscore because it actually works on a technical level.

On XBox if I want to check achievements and check what achievements my friends have and so a comparison is super quick with instantaneous loading and near instantaneous when looking at a friends.

Trophies on the other hand have always been a disaster technically. They take ages to load up if you just want to check. I noticed when I got my platinum they also take forever to update as I went to check if I did actually get a platinum but my trophies were at 60% for a good two minutes before updating.

And then checking a friends trophies? Forget about it unless you can wait until the heat death of the sun before they load.

So even though I don't care about either I'd sometimes check achievements as it's so quick and easy whereas I've to put on the kettle to check trophies while they load so never bother.

Xbox was so much better than PS back on the 360 era.(I never owned a PS4 or 5 so can't compare them to now) On the 360 back then you could look at what games your friends owned as well as compare achievements that you may have got that friends didn't and vise versa.

edit: Just thinking PS may have implemented them features eventually but at launch and good while after they couldn't do that.

edit: Just thinking PS may have implemented them features eventually but at launch and good while after they couldn't do that.

That's pretty much it. Microsoft got so much right with the 360. They knew the future was in digital downloads and built their OS around it and the achievements were built into the OS.

Playstation 3's OS was a half arsed hodge podge with a store front built from terrible HTML that's unresponsive and that constantly crashes out to the OS if you spend too long in it and the memory leaks get too much (buying up the last few PS3 games lately has been a horrible experience). Trophies were added pretty late in the PS3 and they were badly coded into the OS in a slap dash fashion. The lack of achievements was seen as a massive negative for sony and along with their store just made them seem so far behind MS. That legacy code has persisted and it's not really gotten better, PS4 trophies are just as poorly handled very, although that might have been improved with the PS5. I kind of doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Call of duty cold war - PS4
    A plague tale innocence - Xbox one
    Fifa 20 - Xbox one

Hotshot racing - Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Astro's Playroom|PS5
    2|Spider Man Remastered|PS5
    3|Maneater|PS5
    4|Jedi: Fallen Order|Series X
    5|Streets of Rage 4|Series X
    6|Halo Reach|Series X

Halo Reach - Much shorter than I remembered, it was finished in about 4 1/2 hours on normal difficulty according to the in game timer. Good enough variety in the campaign and it was paced pretty well. Enjoyable stuff going through it again after so many years.

Megaman X2|SNES||
    Streets of Rage 4|PC||
    Sekiro|PC||
    Megaman 7|SNES||
    Megaman 8|PS1||
    Megaman X3|SNES||
    Megaman & Bass|SNES||
    Broken Sword: Director's Cut|PC||

Broken Sword: Director's Cut

I've been playing this on and off the last couple of weeks. I've finished this years ago but never played the director's cut.

Broken Sword is a great point and click adventure even if it doesn't really live up to the heights of the best of Lucas Arts. However it's pretty much the next best thing outside of the Wadjet Eye games. Puzzles are great if not too obtuse and the dialogue is frequently amusing.

It's strange playing this now. What at the time felt like a high budget game feels a bit cheap. The director's cut makes it even more apparent. The Director's cut adds some new puzzles (which are kind of annoying), irons out some issues with the original including the pain in the arse goat puzzle and adds new sections with Nico. The Nico sections are fun but ultimately adds nothing to the story. It also makes the main game seem cheaper as there is a big jump in art asset quality and in particular sound quality in these sections.

Still worth a play and I'll give the sequel a go but want to finally beat Monkey Island 2 so will play that first. I also really should play more of the Wadjet Eye games.

GAME Half-Life 2
    PLATFORM PC

That was more like it!

I thoroughly enjoyed this one a lot more than the predecessor. It was more contained and there were maybe only two sections that I would've preferred to be a lot shorter (the vehicle sections were way too long) but other than that, much more enjoyable. And the best part about this one, for me at least, is the aliens take a bit of a back seat in this instalment. No overly-elaborate and maze-like alien planets or anything like that.

Black Mesa nearly turned me away from the series entirely just as I was starting to get into it, but Half-Life 2 kept my interest.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|

1|RESIDENT EVIL 3|PS4|11|NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM|XBOX 360|21|SF ALPHA 3 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

2|ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN|PS4|12|FATAL FURY (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|22|SF3: NEW GENERATION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

3|GRIS|PS4|13|STREET FIGHTER (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|23|SF3: 2ND IMPACT (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

4|SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD|PS4|14|SFII: THE WORLD WARRIOR (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|24|SF3: 3RD STRIKE (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

5|STREETS OF RAGE 4|SWITCH|15|SFII: CHAMPION EDITION (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|25|SHANK|PC

6|KOF '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|16|SFII: HYPER FIGHTING (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|26|SHANK 2|PC

7|KOF '95 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PS4|17|SSFII: THE NEW CHALLENGERS (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|27|BLACK MESA|PC

8|KOF '96 (KOF COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA)|PS4|18|SSFII TURBO (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC|28|HALF-LIFE 2|PC

9|KOF '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PS4|19|SF ALPHA (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

10|KOF '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PS4|20|SF ALPHA 2 (30TH A'VERSARY COLLECTION)|PC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Bioshock 2 | PC
    2|GTA San Andreas | PC
    3|Metro 2033 | XBOX 360

Metro 2033.
    On paper it really shouldn't work. it's a by the numbers corridor shooter (80% of the game is in train tunnels FFS!) with uninspired combat and a so-so story. But my god, the atmosphere. It's tense as f^£k throughout and feels like anything can jump out of the shadows at you. Managing your dwindling supply of filters and ammo while praying for the safety of the next station lends to this bleak, hopeless world. It really ows a lot to the Stalker games and it comes from the same pedigree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

Bit of a weird one but just 100%'ed Rayman 2 for the GameBoy Color.

Really fun 2d platforming game, just a shame there is no new music track from Rayman 1 (GBC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Streets of Rage 4 | Switch
    2|Cyberpunk 2077 | PS5(Ps4 version)
    3| Remnant from the ashes | PS5(ps4)
    4| Life is strange Season 2 | PS5(PS4)
    5| FFX HD remaster | Switch
    6| AC:Odyssey | PS5(PS4)

AC:Odyssey

Finally finished all three strands of the main story here, was good but I feel like zelda BOTW has ruined open world games for me. I did enjoy the story and the lead character Kassandra, but felt there was an awful lot of fetch questing and also the way you are locked out of quests due to level forces you to some bull**** side missions.

Felt the overall arc was good but I feel that it would have been a better game if they just left the AC part out , was cool going around ancient greece suppose thats why they made immortals since.

Have valhalla in the backlog but will leave that to maybe end of summer as I have objective marker fatigue.

Currently playing Halo 5 guardians on the series x and its a nice dumb palate cleanser pew pew.

Megaman X2|SNES||
    Streets of Rage 4|PC||
    Sekiro|PC||
    Megaman 7|SNES||
    Megaman 8|PS1||
    Megaman X3|SNES||
    Megaman & Bass|SNES||
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert|PC||

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

One of those I almost finished back in the day. It's much easier than the first game but also the levels aren't as well designed, there's less sneaky ways to beat levels and most levels have enough resources that tank rushing is always a viable tactic. The naval units are fun. Found the Soviet campaign the toughest but also the least interesting as their combat focuses so much on heavy tanks.

Might go back to the expansion backs but really need to beat what I'm currently playing so I can move on to Yakuza 7. I' playing too much at the same time!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

#|Game|Platform
    1| Resident Evil 3| PlayStation 4|
    2| Resident Evil 4| PlayStation 4|
    3| Yakuza Kiwami| PlayStation 4|
    4| Yakuza Kiwami 2| PlayStation 4|
    5| Endless Fable 3: Dark Moor| PlayStation 4|
    6| Cube Escape: The Lake| Android

Yakuza Kiwami 2

I thought this was definitely an improvement on the first game. Gone are the four fighting styles which made fights much more fluid. Big improvements in graphics too, the game just plays better than the first one. There's loads to do around the two cities including two larger mini games in Cabaret Club and Clan Creator. The only major downside is that like the previous game it's too easy. Legend difficulty should be available from the start, the game is too long to play through twice. I have Yakuza 0 downloaded but I'll play something else before tackling that.

I also cleared two other games, Endless Fable 3 which is another Artifex Mundi puzzle game but not one of their better ones as it's very short, even by their standards. I also cleared Cube Escape: The Lake, a free short puzzle game on Android that I enjoyed a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

#|Game|Platform
    1| Borderlands 3| PlayStation 4|

It only took me a year and a half. Have to say I was not terribly impressed overall, I loved the original Borderlands but this one just didn't compel me. I guess I felt the entire game was pretty repetitive. On to Hades on Nintendo Switch next, then back to the PS4 for FFVII Remake after.

GAME Little Nightmares 2
    PLATFORM Xbox One

The original was a personal favourite of mine. The style and tone really grabbed my attention, and was one of those games that I didn't look to reviews, or general opinion to know if it was any good. It was a game I saw and thought "looks good, I'll try that" and it ended up being one of my favourite games that year.

This one was just as good. It felt a little shorter than the original but maybe it's because I was already familiar with the gameplay I kinda knew most of the tropes.

As per with these types of games, however, there are a lot of trial-and-error moments, and a few times where I felt a bit stupid during a puzzle that was really simple in hindsight. There was also one instance, though, where I ran into a game-breaking bug; I was forced to restart the entire chapter but thankfully I was able to get through it in a fraction of the time, and never seen another bug since. A simple patch will fix that - the game is only 2 weeks old as I write this post. Another thing that I just haven't been able to grasp in the 28 years I've played video games, is "run away" sections. This game has probably one per chapter at least, and they just stresses me out.

Nevertheless this was one of the best indie* games I've played this year. *Technically it's not an indie title as it's published by Bandai Namco.
    There was also a class twist a the end, making me hope that there'll be a post-story expansion, or at least another sequel in the future.

If you've played the likes of Limbo, Inside, and enjoyed them, you owe it to yourself to give these games a go as well. Stunning visuals, creepy characters (creepy being a massive understatement) and great music that fits the aforementioned tone.

I love, love, love, LOVE games like this.

I may go back and do all the DLC on the original game - bought the "season pass" and didn't utilise it at all.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|

1|RESIDENT EVIL 3|PS4|11|NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM|XBOX 360|21|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3|PC

2|ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN|PS4|12|FATAL FURY (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|22|STREET FIGHTER 3: NEW GENERATION|PC

3|GRIS|PS4|13|STREET FIGHTER|PC|23|STREET FIGHTER 3: 2ND IMPACT|PC

4|SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD|PS4|14|STREET FIGHTER 2: THE WORLD WARRIOR|PC|24|STREET FIGHTER 3: 3RD STRIKE|PC

5|STREETS OF RAGE 4|SWITCH|15|STREET FIGHTER 2: CHAMPION EDITION|PC|25|SHANK|PC

6|KING OF FIGHTERS '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|16|STREET FIGHTER 2: HYPER FIGHTING|PC|26|SHANK 2|PC

7|KING OF FIGHTERS '95|PS4|17|SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2: THE NEW CHALLENGERS|PC|27|BLACK MESA|PC

8|KING OF FIGHTERS '96|PS4|18|SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO|PC|28|HALF-LIFE 2|PC

9|KING OF FIGHTERS '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PS4|19|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA|PC|29|LITTLE NIGHTMARES 2|XBOX ONE

10|KING OF FIGHTERS '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PS4|20|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 2|PC

Megaman X2|SNES||
    Streets of Rage 4|PC||
    Sekiro|PC||
    Megaman 7|SNES||
    Megaman 8|PS1||
    Megaman X3|SNES||
    Megaman & Bass|SNES||
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert|PC||
    Mischief Makers|N64||

Mischief Makers

Beaten with all yellow gems and an overall A ranking.

Another Treasure game that flies in the face of conventions. It's a platform game with a very weird control scheme that focuses on dashing as well as grabbing, shaking and throwing things. Also strange is that it's a 2D sprite based game on the N64.

This doesn't sound like much but all 52 levels explore these controls in insane ways. One level will have you riding a raft over magma throwing enemies off it so it doesn't sink. Another will have you rescuing kids in a fairground. Another will have you riding a missile to the excite. It's constantly weird and constantly surprising.

It's a pretty easy game but it really comes into its own when you go for the hidden yellow gems on each level and go for an overall A rank on levels to get the secret ending.

Some great boss battles as well but then it's a Treasure game so that's a given.

Had an absolute blast with this game and it's up there as one of the very best N64 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Bit Trip Runner| Switch
    2|Speed Dating for Ghosts | Switch
    3| Mother Russia Bleeds | Switch
    4| Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea | PS4
    5| Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den | PS4
    6| A Short Hike | Switch
    7| Shadow of the Colossus| PS4
    8| What Remains of Edith Finch| Switch
    9| Yakuza Kiwami | PS4
    10| Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker | Switch
    11| Yakuza Zero | PS4
    12| Yakuza Kiwami 2 | PS4
    13| Florence | Switch
    14|Night in the Woods| Switch
    15|The Stretchers | Switch
    16|Wario Land: The Shake Dimension | Wii

Has anyone played this Wario Land? I was super excited to lap up some more Wario, puzzle-platformer deliciousness, even with tacked-on motion control nonsense. For the most part, it does the job - unlocking some of the nooks and crevices is equal part mind-bending as it is fun with the exit from the first desert stage being a highlight.

That said, the game destroys so much the goodwill it generates by gating off the final stretch behind a grind-a-thon. You've to buy maps with the coins collected to open up new levels, but the final one is so well outside "sure, you'll pick them up as you along" territory you'd be forgiven for dumping it there and then. Which would be a shame, as the final boss was actually great fun. Actually, on the whole, the bosses were good craic with the showdown with flower pot being a stand-out.

I'd recommend it if you're absolutely dying for a bit of Wario Land (assuming you've played all the other much better ones) and can tolerate a good bit of "we need 10 hours out of this" padding.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

#|Game|Platform
    1| Resident Evil 3| PlayStation 4|
    2| Resident Evil 4| PlayStation 4|
    3| Yakuza Kiwami| PlayStation 4|
    4| Yakuza Kiwami 2| PlayStation 4|
    5| Endless Fable 3: Dark Moor| PlayStation 4|
    6| Cube Escape: The Lake| Android|
    7| The Secret Order 7: Shadow Breach| PlayStation 4

Another quick update, finished The Secret Order 7, another Artifex Mundi puzzle game. This one was much better as it was one of their longer ones with a good amount of puzzles. Perfect chill out fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Astro's Playroom|PS5
    2|Spider Man Remastered|PS5
    3|Maneater|PS5
    4|Jedi: Fallen Order|Series X
    5|Streets of Rage 4|Series X
    6|Halo Reach|Series X
    7|Gears 5: Hivebusters|Series X

Gears 5: Hivebusters
    It's more Gears. Pretty action packed 3 hour DLC. Controls and plays great, character abilities are fun to use and it's visually stunning.

Wish I played it co-op with a couple of mates though to get full use of the character abilities instead of squad mates being A.I controlled.

Advertisement