Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The One 4 All Card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

I didnt convert. I just bought an amazon voucher using it. Did this a month ago.

OK didnt know that which is a shame as I got one before Xmas I could have used to buy presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,744 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Would I be right in saying that it can be used anywhere online that accepts Visa debit cards? They say on their site to check their online retailers. But how does POS card terminal know if they are one4all partners are not? You can also convert to a mastercard here https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/spend-online/v-prepaid-virtual-mastercard-account.html

No, it can be used like a Visa debit card with a limited number of retailers.
    I wouldn't mind so much if it was accepted as a Visa card, I could at least buy petrol or flights or maybe pay for household bills. I have enough clothes and 'things'.
    You can convert it to a sort of MasterCard, again with restrictions. It's really quite inflexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lots of places accept them in my experience. These I just the major retailers that accept them. Good value can be got in most of these and none of them a Centra/corner shops.
    Argos
    Anotts
    B&Q
    Best Menswear
    Boots
    Brown Thomas
    Carephone Warehouse
    Clarks
    Currys
    Debenhams
    DID
    Diesel
    Dorothy Perkins
    Easons
    Elvery Sports
    Expert Ireland
    Fields
    Game Stop
    H&M
    Halfords
    Harvey Norman
    Heatons
    House of Fraser
    JD Sports
    Just Eat
    Kilkenny Shop
    Lifestyle Sports
    Littlewoods.ie
    M&S
    Mothercare
    New Look
    Next
    PC World
    Penneys
    Power City
    River Island
    Sam Mccauley
    Schuh
    Shaws
    Certain SuperValu's
    TK Maxx
    Tommy Hillfiger
    TopShop
    Vodafone
    Woodies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I didnt convert. I just bought an amazon voucher using it. Did this a month ago.

How ??

did you use the card as a visa card ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You can use them in hundreds of places, I really find it hard to believe that you wouldn't find something you want in a department store?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Will any Supervalu accept them or just certain ones?

My local Supervalu is in HSQ (Heuston South Quarter in Dublin 8) but I don't see it listed here

https://www.one4all.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=supervalu

As far as I'm aware, the only SuperValu shops it can be used in are the branches that were originally Superquinn shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Lux23 wrote: »
    You can use them in hundreds of places, I really find it hard to believe that you wouldn't find something you want in a department store?

There really is no pleasing some people. €500 wages and they complain about 50% tax. €500 voucher no tax, and they can't find anywhere to spend it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

BDJW wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, the only SuperValu shops it can be used in are the branches that were originally Superquinn shops

This used be the case but they really extend the branches in the last few years that accept them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I used mine in conjunction with the bike2work scheme a few years ago, which is probably illegal. Got a grands worth of stuff for a cost of about €350!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ironic that they're viewed by many as being a bit of a nuisance, myself included, and yet we could have more train strikes on the way, in part because the train drivers got Dunne's vouchers instead of One4All vouchers. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

sugarman wrote: »
    Supposedly it's going to be available again within the month, they were just having issues with it.

Hopefully.

I got €400 from suppliers as Christmas boxes in the run up to Xmas. I was actually going to convert to Amazon credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

A Friend gets a one for all every year as i do, but this year he got what is a debit card for €500 which you can use anywhere as you would your personal visa debit ,when the €500 runs out the card is then dis guarded, his company has about 90 employees everyone got one,so must be a tax saving as the one for all is for employers, iv never heard of this card before, much better than a one for all, i would like to hint to my boss about it, anyone else know about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Friend of mind got a one for all every year as i do, but this year it got what is a debit card for €500 which you can use anywhere as you would your personal visa debit ,when the €500 runs out the card is then dis guarded, he company has about 90 employees everyone got one,so must be a tax saving as the one for all is for employers, iv never heard of this card before, much better than a one for all, i would like to hint to my boss about it, anyone else know about this?

I've used Perfect cards and they work like that, just a prepaid card that worked in any shop I tried.

Archeron wrote: »
    I've used Perfect cards and they work like that, just a prepaid card that worked in any shop I tried.

Did you get this from your employer or are you the employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

A Friend gets a one for all every year as i do, but this year he got what is a debit card for €500 which you can use anywhere as you would your personal visa debit ,when the €500 runs out the card is then dis guarded, his company has about 90 employees everyone got one,so must be a tax saving as the one for all is for employers, iv never heard of this card before, much better than a one for all, i would like to hint to my boss about it, anyone else know about this?

Hmmm, wouldn’t be sure about that card being legal. This from the revenue site;

Small benefits
    You can give employees a small benefit of up to €500 in value, tax free, each year. This benefit must not be in cash.

If more than one benefit is given in a year, only the first one qualifies for tax free status. Unused allowance amounts cannot be carried over.

Prior to 21 October 2015 the limit on small benefits was €250.

Tax free vouchers or benefits can be used only to purchase goods or services. They cannot be redeemed for cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

Some shops take them. Find a friend who frequents those shops. Maybe swap it with a friend for cash.

emeldc wrote: »
    Hmmm, wouldn’t be sure about that card being legal. This from the revenue site;

Small benefits
    You can give employees a small benefit of up to €500 in value, tax free, each year. This benefit must not be in cash.

If more than one benefit is given in a year, only the first one qualifies for tax free status. Unused allowance amounts cannot be carried over.

Prior to 21 October 2015 the limit on small benefits was €250.

Tax free vouchers or benefits can be used only to purchase goods or services. They cannot be redeemed for cash.

This is what i would be afraid of , it is effectively giving you cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

Did you get this from your employer or are you the employer?

I got them as gifts from suppliers, but my company gives them as gifts to customers too. Not sure of any tax implications for large values, mine were just 2 X €50

I sent my One4All card back and had the €250 from my work bonus paid straight into my bank account (less €8 fee). Just followed the process outlined in their terms and conditions.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I sent my One4All card back and had the €250 from my work bonus paid straight into my bank account (less €8 fee). Just followed the process outlined in their terms and conditions.

Didn't know you could do that, will try this next time for a lost of €8 wouldn't be bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Archeron wrote: »
    I got them as gifts from suppliers, but my company gives them as gifts to customers too. Not sure of any tax implications for large values, mine were just 2 X €50

The tax implications are for employees only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Basil3 wrote: »

You hit lucky if you got it from your employer. They have refused (quite rightly, as the law states) to refund cards given under the employee small gifts tax exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

knipex wrote: »
    How ??

did you use the card as a visa card ???

Yes. Added it as a payment card. Bought vouchers. Then bought goods using Amazon voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

BDJW wrote: »

I think SuperValu Heuston South Quarter was originally a Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yes. Added it as a payment card. Bought vouchers. Then bought goods using Amazon voucher.

I thought Amazon didn't support Irish one4all since Oct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

Got it as the company 'bonus' at Xmas.

For anything that I actually need, the shops won't accept the damn thing.

If I want shopping; Tesco, Lidl etc won't take it, just expensive MediocreValu and Centra corner shops.

Is there a way of converting it into hard cash or credit for something I actually want?

Head down to any train station, the train drivers will swap it with you for a Dunne's Stores voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Just tell them you want cash next year and end up with up to 40% less after tax.

That'll teach them to give you a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    I thought Amazon didn't support Irish one4all since Oct?

worked for me in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

emeldc wrote: »
    There really is no pleasing some people. €500 wages and they complain about 50% tax. €500 voucher no tax, and they can't find anywhere to spend it :rolleyes:
    Agreed. First world problems. People get something for free and they moan about it. It's called a Christmas bonus FFS. If you don't want it, I'm sure there are lots of charities that would love to have it. So many shops take them, local shops, with local workers, who pay local taxes, and you can't find one to spend the voucher in, or can't find anything you want in them, or won't spend in because you can get it cheaper somewhere else like China? Head over to the stingy thread and vent that you got free vouchers and it is still not enough. Bunch of Veruca Salt's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Still only available to UK customers. Very frustrating!

https://www.one4all.ie/categories/how-to-buy-amazon-gift-card-with-one4all.html

Advertisement