Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant brain fog and fatigue ruining my life

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

goat2 wrote: »
    It is the porridge that always make me sleepy, I would love to know why

You drinking it with milk? I cut down on milk intake an saw a noticeable increase in focus and concentration. I switched cappuccinos for black coffee, cut down on porridge or if I am having it the odd time I will make it with water.

• Site Banned Posts: 21 Greengrant

OP I would try cutting out masturbation for a month and see how that affects you.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Amantine

Oats are high in Nickel, do you ever notice a metal allergy? If you suspect candida and even if it's not specifically the candida yeast but another disbiosis, you need to balance your gut flora. That involves cutting out all sugars and starches, eating lots of non starchy veggies, protein like fish and chicken and garlic,ginger, coconut oil, cinnamon, onion, extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, turmeric and avoiding all fruit, beer, wine, grains, bread and vinegars(other than ACV) for a couple of weeks and introducing lots of fermented food like sauerkraut and kefir (both available in the polish shops or make your own) It's a pain to eat nothing but protein, veg and sauerkraut for two week and during those two weeks you might feel worse for a while but then you'll notice better sleep at night and less tiredness during the day. That's a good time to ad in probiotics, lactoferrin, berberine and sacharomyces boulardii. I would cut out high nickel foods too if you think that is part of the problem. Vitamin C lowers nickel absoption as well. Take it slowly if you get very ill, candida die off can be a bitch! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Amantine wrote: »
    Oats are high in Nickel, do you ever notice a metal allergy? If you suspect candida and even if it's not specifically the candida yeast but another disbiosis, you need to balance your gut flora. That involves cutting out all sugars and starches, eating lots of non starchy veggies, protein like fish and chicken and garlic,ginger, coconut oil, cinnamon, onion, extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, turmeric and avoiding all fruit, beer, wine, grains, bread and vinegars(other than ACV) for a couple of weeks and introducing lots of fermented food like sauerkraut and kefir (both available in the polish shops or make your own) It's a pain to eat nothing but protein, veg and sauerkraut for two week and during those two weeks you might feel worse for a while but then you'll notice better sleep at night and less tiredness during the day. That's a good time to ad in probiotics, lactoferrin, berberine and sacharomyces boulardii. I would cut out high nickel foods too if you think that is part of the problem. Vitamin C lowers nickel absoption as well. Take it slowly if you get very ill, candida die off can be a bitch! Good luck
    Yes, if I have on a watch with a cheap bracelet on it, my wrists come out in blisters and itch. or if I have a cheap chain around my neck the same happens, so yes Nickel does bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Hi guys it’s me again the OP, I’ve completely forgotten about this thread but I have read all the replies. I’m feeling pretty much the same as before, if not worse. Today, I was scanning over my blood results and saw that my B12 and Vitamin D were actually on the lower end of the scale. Vitamin D was at 54 which is considered insufficient and B12 was at 220. The recommended for b12 is 200-1100. My score seems really low for somebody who’s 22 years old. Confused as to why the doctor said everything seems perfectly normal. I’ll keep battling on until I find what’s wrong I guess! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Have you been checked for coeliac disease? A side effect of eating gluten if you have coeliac disease is brain fog and tiredness. Others include mouth ulcers, stomach cramps and diahorrea, and a rash called Dermatitis Herpetiformis, which comes up as incredibly itchy little blisters. I think there is a blood test for CD which shows up inflammatory markers. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Teepinaw

Munster46 wrote: »
    Hi guys it’s me again the OP, I’ve completely forgotten about this thread but I have read all the replies. I’m feeling pretty much the same as before, if not worse. Today, I was scanning over my blood results and saw that my B12 and Vitamin D were actually on the lower end of the scale. Vitamin D was at 54 which is considered insufficient and B12 was at 220. The recommended for b12 is 200-1100. My score seems really low for somebody who’s 22 years old. Confused as to why the doctor said everything seems perfectly normal. I’ll keep battling on until I find what’s wrong I guess! Thanks

Have you specifically had your TFTs tested thyroid)? Are you cold by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mamablue

Munster46 wrote: »

I agree celiacs being a possibility. Low D increases the risk of autoimmune diease so supplement asap and then get the levels tested again. I take it you are not vegan? Definitely increase animal products but if you eat enough of them then absorption could be the problem. You can get sublingual supplement in the meantime but it would be good to figure out the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sunnib

Hi, as you drink a lot of water (tap water?) it could also be some level of lead poisoning, - depending on your location, age and occupation . When those water meters where installed I got a glimpse at the water pipe network in our area ! Frightening. Start using mains tap water (kitchen cold tap) only after a shower or laundry wash or run the tap for a few minutes to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Hi, I just came across this post as I’m looking for a dermatologist who has tested people for Dermatitis herpetiformis. I noticed in a previous post about a low b12 result. Ireland regards 220 as being within the normal range however in other parts of the world this would be considered quite low and anything below 500 requires a b12 injection and/or supplements. The set the lower limit at 200 as that is when you show neurological signs and symptoms of low b12 level, some research shows that at these levels you are causing nerological damage and therefore set the level at 500 before neurological symptoms start manifesting. My husband is a coeliac, and has low vit D and low b12. If his B12 is below 500, he suffers from eye problems, tiredness/exhaustion, gastric problems, mood sings and irritability. To accurately test for coeliac disease first a blood test is taken and then an endoscopy to confirm, but you must be consuming gluten at the time from memory I think it’s the equivalent of a couple of slices of bread for a week or two. I’m currently looking for a dermatologist for my son in law who has a skin condition which could well be Dermatitis herpetiformis, however with this condition a blood test is not conclusive and from my reading an endoscopy may not be conclusive either. Skin samples need to be taken during an active flare up at the sight of the flare and adjacent to the flare and ideally by a dermatologist who knows what he is doing. Maybe more info than you need but thought I’d post it here in case others are looking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement