Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, the #IMPOTUS tweeted that the SecState of Georgia's brother, works for the PRC.

One problem: He doesn't have a brother. Oopsies.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-attacks-brad-raffensperger-brother-1557917

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Igotadose wrote: »
    So, the #IMPOTUS tweeted that the SecState of Georgia's brother, works for the PRC.

One problem: He doesn't have a brother. Oopsies.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-attacks-brad-raffensperger-brother-1557917

”Trump is likely referring to Ron Raffensperger, CTO of Chinese technology firm Huawei. The two men are not related."

Look, can we just call Trump an idiot now without fear for being pinged for civility or nicknaming? Cos damn if he doesn't do his level best to come off a deeply stupid man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

pixelburp wrote: »
    ”Trump is likely referring to Ron Raffensperger, CTO of Chinese technology firm Huawei. The two men are not related."

Look, can we just call Trump an idiot now without fear for being pinged for civility or nicknaming? Cos damn if he doesn't do his level best to come off a deeply stupid man

What does this say for people that actually believe the nonsense that is disseminated from his Twitter feed?

Honestly, Twitter should ban his account the minute he leaves office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    What does this say for people that actually believe the nonsense that is disseminated from his Twitter feed?

Honestly, Twitter should ban his account the minute he leaves office.

They will

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-twitter-ban-inauguration-biden-b1774105.html

There's a classic display of narcissism right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Hawley is on board the 2k cheques bandwagon so I think he with the 2 Georgia senators might be enough?

He's going to be the one lodging an objection with Mike Pence when MP has to ask the obligatory "does anyone object to the election result" question in the senate on the 06th. Looks like he's setting out a marker for his future in the senate when Mitch is gone, planning for 2022 or 2024 when the Trump family and fanbase still has interests in the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

looks to me like trump is sabotaging the georgia senate race to spite the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

froog wrote: »

Wonderful news, if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,832 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He’s rallying for them on January 4th, though. Most of their voters will not vote before the 5th.

Flummoxing that he’s forced both of them to flip on $2000 cheques, but also in people to not vote in the election, but also to vote in the election. And also to campaign against mitch, and by extension against the senate having a GOP majority...

I'll hazard a guess that Twitter Account moderators [and Mods in general] will be glad of Twitter's use of computer word-recognition capability on the 6th Jan if Mike Pence follows senate protocol and ignores Trump's instructions and rantings.

• Advertisement

Lin Wood going full “how often do you beat your wife” on Chief Justice Roberts. Won’t even share the tweet. Just basically implies through baseless questioning that Roberts had prior knowledge of Antonin Scalia’s death (rubbish) and is in a child sex ring. Nothing worded such that it would pass the defamation standard for a public figure but enough for the Q bots to go hog wild over.

The only conspiracy of this election is the grift.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

aloyisious wrote: »
    He's going to be the one lodging an objection with Mike Pence when MP has to ask the obligatory "does anyone object to the election result" question in the senate on the 06th. Looks like he's setting out a marker for his future in the senate when Mitch is gone, planning for 2022 or 2024 when the Trump family and fanbase still has interests in the GOP.

Way to wonky for the GOP in 2024 I assume. He will suffer the same fate as Warren, will create a lot of interest in the media but when Joe Bloggs vote its game over. Iowa ,,probably won't even finish in the top 4.

That on the 6th is posturing for retweets and nothing more and he knows this and loves it. I dunno if he even will run to be fair in 2024 from all accounts not as ambitious as it looks from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Remember the video of the Republicans dancing the conga in New York?
    I can’t link on mobile but it’s rather embarrassing.

Well to everyone’s surprise......

Three New York Republican club members test positive for COVID after attending Christmas party where maskless revellers danced in a conga line

Remember the video of the Republicans dancing the conga in New York?
    I can’t link on mobile but it’s rather embarrassing.

Well to everyone’s surprise......

Three New York Republican club members test positive for COVID after attending Christmas party where maskless revellers danced in a conga line

Article here

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/republican-conga-line-christmas-covid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

duploelabs wrote: »

A lot of them look older.
    You’d think they’d have some common sense.

A lot of them look older.
    You’d think they’d have some common sense.

The herd immunity theory is based in a herd-setting situation. Sometimes the setting isn't scientific.

salmocab wrote: »
    Zero sympathy for them morons

Careful now, we may be accused of saying horrible things and lacking empathy by a certain poster without any sense of irony

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Careful now, we may be accused of saying horrible things and lacking empathy by a certain poster without any sense of irony

Couldn’t care less what he thinks, I’ve no sympathy for those morons and if they were to die I’d not give a fiddlers about them. I don’t wish it on them or anyone but if they are so pointedly stupid about this issue then they deserve nothing but disdain. Even in the article the guy from the party says we aren’t the social distancing or mask police. Utter morons.

salmocab wrote: »
    Zero sympathy for them morons

covid protocol from both parties has been shambolic tbh.

The Republicans have obviously been much worse, but their has been plenty of high prominent Democrats who have flouted the rules which is very poor.

• Advertisement

covid protocol from both parties has been shambolic tbh.

The Republicans have obviously been much worse, but their has been plenty of high prominent Democrats who have flouted the rules which is very poor.

Where? Citation? Can't you give the whataboutery a rest?

Where? Citation? Can't you give the whataboutery a rest?

I know even the softest criticism of the Dems is frowned upon here, but I think you should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time when it comes to criticising the two main parties in America.

You can check here for citation, its mild as I stated but not minor.

Its not exactly a Breitbart site either.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/gavin-newsom-other-democrats-break-rules-because-they-can.html
    https://www.businessinsider.com/democratic-politicians-who-violated-covid-19-rules-guidance-list-2020-12?r=US&IR=Tguidelines/3784119001/[/url]

I know even the softest criticism of the Dems is frowned upon here, but I think you should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time when it comes to criticising the two main parties in America.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/gavin-newsom-other-democrats-break-rules-because-they-can.html
    https://www.businessinsider.com/democratic-politicians-who-violated-covid-19-rules-guidance-list-2020-12?r=US&IR=Tguidelines/3784119001/[/url]

Yeah, there's a few outliers alright, but does that really compare to the amount of infections from the Whitehouse alone? Not just the conga party detailed above?
    Look at the rose garden event alone?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1242781

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Jan 6 could be very messy.

From November.

Republicans Make Up 70% Of The Members Of Congress Who Have Tested Positive For Covid-19

There are 33 members of Congress who have tested positive for Covid-19, according to Govtrack.
    All eight senators who have tested positive for coronavirus are Republicans: Rand Paul (Ky.), Bill Cassidy (La.), Ron Johnson (Wis.), Thom Tillis (N.C.), Mike Lee (Utah), Kelly Loeffler (Ga.), Chuck Grassley (Iowa) and Rick Scott (Fla.)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/11/29/republicans-make-up-70-of-the-members-of-congress-who-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19/?sh=790365eb45b7

Why is is not half and half?
    This is excluding Trump and his covid circle.

Yeah, there's a few outliers alright, but does that really compare to the amount of infections from the Whitehouse alone? Not just the conga party detailed above?
    Look at the rose garden event alone?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1242781

Of course not!:P

But I do think some of the front line Politicians with how they have flouted rules don't help things whatsoever. One rule for you and another for me.

Its not a case that its even itself out or anything, Republicans have handled this so much worse obviously but Democrats have not been perfect either especially in last few months.

Jan 6 could be very messy.

Yes, but the schadenfreude... Ah, I’m ready it. While I don’t discount something completely unexpected happening, the situation as it stands legally and constitutionally points to a 89th win for Biden with a sidebar for hurt feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

After Trump promised the vaccine was ready and they had everything ready for a swift rollout, including the army, only 2.8m doses have been administered to date.

Trump promised 20m by end of December.

Yet another failure by Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Jan 6th looks like when reality meets fantasy. Pence will have to show his hand.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Jan 6th looks like when reality meets fantasy. Pence will have to show his hand.

I'm over this whole fiasco now but genuinely intrigued to see what Pence does/says. It's sure to be good TV!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement