Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

3 more remote raid passes on Thursday for 1 coin only if you have less than 3 passes in your box.

Where did you read this? I can’t find it but I’ll have to use up my current ones if that’s the case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,767 ✭✭✭✭phog

Canard wrote: »
    Where did you read this? I can’t find it but I’ll have to use up my current ones if that’s the case :D

Someone in Limerick had a screenshot of it on our chat but not sure if true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Canard wrote: »
    Niantic tweeted it

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1302018606738354181

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hey I'm RobbingBandit not LyingBandit it's damn well true if I post it.

Hope your three Mega Raids flee :p

As if I'll be wasting them on those pointless things... legendaries 4eva :P

• Advertisement

Enjoy your three passes ya ingrates. :D

If 275 million battles (PvP raids Rockets ) get done we will unlock Mega Houndoom in raids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Enjoy your three passes ya ingrates. :D

If 275 million battles (PvP raids Rockets ) get done we will unlock Mega Houndoom in raids.
    Correction; Houndoom raids will come full stop. Niantic will claim it was met no matter how many battles are done as always.

I think they changed the requirements for this.one as Pigeot was 275 million mega raids this is 275 million battles of any and all types but yeah it'll probably happen either way I think Pigeot is being released at or during the flying cup in GBL

Finally hit 40 a couple of days ago thanks to all those that helped.

Porygon next Sunday

you will need upgrade + 25 candy for Porygon-2 and Sinnoh stone + 100 candy for Porygon-Z

It's 3*XP bonus too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's a nice shiny, I'm looking forward to the event. Hopefully some decent weather for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a grand day for the Community Day, got 23 shinies before I stopped playing for it, a few decent IV ones as well.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Did ok out of it, got 9 shinies, none good, but there was a wild hundo porygon here (Limerick), cue mad dash to find it after another player kindly called it out. Got him :)

There was a wild Axew here on Saturday as well, didn't dash as I wouldn't have made it

Oh wow, I've never seen Axew in the wild. Hatched a small few, and did a lucky trade, and still haven't gotten one over 90%.

I didn't get to play yesterday as I was at work :( But I played on a friend's account for the last 30 mins, got a shiny and used our pending lucky trade, came out at 96%, not complaining :)

Angron wrote: »
    Oh wow, I've never seen Axew in the wild. Hatched a small few, and did a lucky trade, and still haven't gotten one over 90%.

I've hatched one, and lucky traded him, he still went sh1te but he's evolved to Haxorus now.
    Oh, other rant, I did a lucky trade of shiny rayquaza like for like with a friend, mine went 12-12-12 :mad:

Happy that we're finally getting the shiny for Origin Giratina, been long enough since the other one got the shiny in the game.

Finally got a lucky friend in Ireland I can trade with unfortunately it wasn't anyone on here, won't see them until next weekend so hopefully we have both caught a new shiny by then.

I have so many lucky friends that I have no idea when I'll see them. A shame we don't have remote trading for luckies or something.

Did ok out of it, got 9 shinies, none good, but there was a wild hundo porygon here (Limerick), cue mad dash to find it after another player kindly called it out. Got him :)

There was a wild Axew here on Saturday as well, didn't dash as I wouldn't have made it

Wild Axew in the People's Park last night, was despawned by the time I got there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Guys what pokemon are you supposed to be getting from completing the field research every week with the daily stamps? Is it not supposed to be legendaries

Iv got 4 Alolan Raichu in a row, why is that

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Wild Axew in the People's Park last night, was despawned by the time I got there :(

I saw that last night, was surprised the park was still open, thought they'd be closing earlier now it's autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭josip

Guys what pokemon are you supposed to be getting from completing the field research every week with the daily stamps? Is it not supposed to be legendaries

Iv got 4 Alolan Raichu in a row, why is that

That's correct, it's Raichu for September

Pokemon Sword and Shield direct at 2pm last time we got Galar Pokemon I'm hoping for Ponyta if it happens again, the monthly research box changes on Thursday at 9pm Shedinja is October one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

josip wrote: »
    That's correct, it's Raichu for September

Why has it changed from a random legendary to the same one for a month? 4 Alolan Raichu aint much use to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Why has it changed from a random legendary to the same one for a month?

Because the vast majority of PoGo Players, especially those better described as PoGo payers, are incapable of catching a legendary in any reasonable number of throws, and get right sulky if they're not being handed "good" catches for free. For these folks (whose parents' credit cards pay the PoGo bill for us all) having 4 chances at an easy catch "rare" is a bare minimum.

Niantec / "The Pokemon Company" had to make a call between:
    - Losing crappy, but high-paying, players
    - making legendaries as easy to catch as a ratata
    - swapping in alternative "rare" pokemon for the guaranteed low-effort weekly catch.

Gameplay-wise it's not what I'd have done, but business-wise it was probably the best of a bad set of options.

I saw that last night, was surprised the park was still open, thought they'd be closing earlier now it's autumn

It wasn't open but you could reach the spawn area from outside the park

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why has it changed from a random legendary to the same one for a month? 4 Alolan Raichu aint much use to anyone!
    It's very rarely a legendary pokemon, most of the time it's something you'd been able to catch in the wild but might be rare etc.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/update-20200929

I knew it would happen eventually, but losing some of the benefits we had is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Angron wrote: »
    I knew it would happen eventually, but losing some of the benefits we had is a shame.

I just wished I hadn't topped up on Incense yesterday. Almost useless to me now.

• Advertisement

Bloody hell, a new event started today and within an hour I caught shiny Kricketot, Skitty, and Smoochum with a bow.

Advertisement