Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

€77 is not to cheap. It is a fair price IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TBH the only reason I joined the Fan club was too get pre sale tickets for the Dublin I&E shows in September 2015 and I got the north side story book as a gift. I use the forums there. I renewed last September as I had money to spare but didn't expect a tour to be announced

The fourms were really quite on there for the last few weeks even with all the rumours of the new tour. @u2 fourm is much better

Looks like I'm going solo for the Croke Park show so getting 1 ticket might make my job a bit easier Weds or next Monday

shar01 wrote: »
    If I didn't feel old on New Years Eve watching the young ones in the pub, I do now <sobs gently over keyboard>

I wasn't even born for the 1987 gigs :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    €77 is not to cheap. It is a fair price IMO

77 euro for a standing ticket ,where you can get up close to the band is too cheap if you are charging 180-190 euro for most of the lower level seats .

Standing tickets are the best tickets so the fact that they are less than 40% of the cost of the top priced seats is deeply flawed.

77 euro for a standing ticket ,where you can get up close to the band is too cheap if you are charging 180-190 euro for most of the lower level seats .

Standing tickets are the best tickets so the fact that they are less than 40% of the cost of the top priced seats is deeply flawed.

while I agree with you that standing is best, a lot of people prefer the space and comfort that the seating option gives, so it is subjective.

€180+ is ridiculous. I feel that most tickets should be priced between the €70-€100 mark, be they seating or standing. Fair enough, pay extra for extra VIP privledges if you have it, but Joe blogs shouldn't be paying more than about €100 for any ticket. Fact is they so sell, so they price remains. I went to 3 IE shows buying 5 tickets myself so am quite relieved to hopefully end up getting them a bit cheaper this time :P

Unfortunately prices falls in line with demand. If you are a big band like U2, demand gets high, so you can charge more. If the expensive tickets didn't sell, then they would lower them.

It's no different to anything really. Price reflects demand, so what yo have to do as an artist is create a demand and then the price will set itself, and you will be roiling in it :D

I don't begrudge them at all, their prices are high, but they are priced in line with other artists and they sell out, so fair focks to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭lukin

There seems to some differentiation between the groups on U2.com.Depending on which group you are in you stand a better chance of getting a ticket in the presale.
    I assume the longer you have been registered the better chance you have of getting a ticket (or tickets).
    I'm in the Wires group (I only registered this morning).

Veloce wrote: »
    @MisterAnarchy

What website is selling the Amsterdam tickets?

Ticketmaster.nl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody on here going to try and get tickets for any of the other European or US shows? Considering it myself...

Presume I just log on to that countries equivient of ticketmaster or whatever on the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Anybody on here going to try and get tickets for any of the other European or US shows? Considering it myself...

Presume I just log on to that countries equivient of ticketmaster or whatever on the morning?

Yes that's how to do it. I have never had a problem getting tickets on US or European Ticketmaster sites. I would highly recommend seeing them in other countries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

lazer.blue wrote: »
    Yes that's how to do it. I have never had a problem getting tickets on US or European Ticketmaster sites. I would highly recommend seeing them in other countries

+1

I saw them in Brussels for the 360 tour and it was fantastic!

Would like to see them in Amsterdam this time round. Already seen them in London.

Noel Gallagher and HFB will add to the day and to the ticket sales (a lot of Oasis fans might head to the gig now but theres a very good chance he might only do a very small number of oasis songs). Second time he actually supported at Croke Park (they supported the RHCP in 2012 and were quite good)

expecting both the fan club sales and next mondays allocation to sell out very quick, Production seats will prob be released in a few months time

All i want is 1 Hogan stand ticket

Veloce wrote: »
    +1

I saw them in Brussels for the 360 tour and it was fantastic!

Would like to see them in Amsterdam this time round. Already seen them in London.

thinking the same, but hard to get someone to mind kids when heading away for a weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stef_Ichnusa

Hi there ! Tomorrow there will be the pre-sale for U2 concert 2017. Are the fan clubs getting any benefit ? Are we getting any code or something for getting the tickets ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I wasn't even born for the 1987 gigs :P

I was at the 1987 gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Hi there ! Tomorrow there will be the pre-sale for U2 concert 2017. Are the fan clubs getting any benefit ? Are we getting any code or something for getting the tickets ?
    Thanks

Fan club members get a code either for wednesday (redhill group) or Thursday for the (wires group)
    redhill is the long term subscribers to U2, wires is recent subscribers

• Advertisement

Mods can we have A dedicated Croke Park show thread and use this as the Tour thread (and fixing the title as its annoying some posters lol) ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Bit mad how this is the one U2 tour that will tick all the boxes

Playing one of their best critical and selling albums in full, which means they'll be playing rarely heard and never before played songs, along with some of their biggest anthems

Bit mad how this is the one U2 tour that will tick all the boxes

Playing one of their best critical and selling albums in full, which means they'll be playing rarely heard and never before played songs, along with some of their biggest anthems

The sad thing is that Bono can no longer sing most of the songs on the album in the key they were recorded,his voice is no longer up to it sadly.

I hope that Bono doesn't use this tour as a platform to bash Donald Trump either ,Trump won the election ,fair and square ,its time to move on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fan club members get a code either for wednesday (redhill group) or Thursday for the (wires group)
    redhill is the long term subscribers to U2, wires is recent subscribers

Question, where does it say on the website about the split in pre-sales between the two groups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mods can we have A dedicated Croke Park show thread and use this as the Tour thread (and fixing the title as its annoying some posters lol) ???

You are better off sending a PM to the mods to fix the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The sad thing is that Bono can no longer sing most of the songs on the album in the key they were recorded,his voice is no longer up to it sadly.

Thats been the way for a lot of songs for 25 years. Pride for example has been played in a lower key since the Zoo TV tour.

Lots of bands do it. Singers voices get knackered singing in higher keys night after night.

Question, where does it say on the website about the split in pre-sales between the two groups?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-dublin-07-22-2017/event/18005227B6721ECE?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Snarky Snark Snark

Coolio, thankee Sir/Miss/Missus/Other

Thank me by buying me a ticket :D:D:D on wednesday :D:D:D

I hope that Bono doesn't use this tour as a platform to bash Donald Trump either ,Trump won the election ,fair and square ,its time to move on now.

It's another strange thing.

After years of singing Streets in C#, he's now sang it in D over the last few tours.

Still haven't found....He's never been able to sing that in the original key

WOWY....He's always sang that in C#

Bullet...He sings in the original key

Running....The same

Exit....The same

One tree hill....The same

Trip Through Your Wires....The same

Red Hill....Don't know as they never performed it

Mothers...Should be alright.

In God's Country might be tricky for him but, that's about the only one I see him dropping the key on

It's another strange thing.

After years of singing Streets in C#, he's now sang it in D over the last few tours.

Still haven't found....He's never been able to sing that in the original key

WOWY....He's always sang that in C#

Bullet...He sings in the original key

Running....The same

Exit....The same

One tree hill....The same

Trip Through Your Wires....The same

Red Hill....Don't know as they never performed it

Mothers...Should be alright.

In God's Country might be tricky for him but, that's about the only one I see him dropping the key on

Plus Bono does have the key to the city :o

Snarky Snark Snark

Thank me by buying me a ticket :D:D:D on wednesday :D:D:D

bruce-lee.gif

Plus Bono does have the key to the city :o

Was very funny when that sheep pissed on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I think U2 have disappointed a lot of genuine fans today.They've just taken the first step towards heritage status.I was expecting the 'EXPERIENCE' part of the tour to be performed this year.

They've now postponed the new album due to 'recent world events'..What a cop out, considering the album is all but done.This is a major crisis of confidence from a band who are trying to gloss over it with a fairly lame marketing gimmick.

Springsteen and Pearl Jam are two acts who regularly incorporate whole albums into the middle of their set lists. U2 could easily have performed The Joshua Tree in addition to the new songs.That would have been unbelievable for real fans who've been expecting Songs of Experience to drop for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I think U2 have disappointed a lot of genuine fans today.They've just taken the first step towards heritage status.I was expecting the 'EXPERIENCE' part of the tour to be performed this year.

They've now postponed the new album due to 'recent world events'..What a cop out, considering the album is all but done.This is a major crisis of confidence from a band who are trying to gloss over it with a fairly lame marketing gimmick.

Springsteen and Pearl Jam are two acts who regularly incorporate whole albums into the middle of their set lists. U2 could easily have performed The Joshua Tree in addition to the new songs.That would have been unbelievable for real fans who've been expecting Songs of Experience to drop for months now.

I have to agree somewhat. I have seen every tour at least twice since 1987. I will be getting tickets for this tour but feel a bit disappointed that no new album for tour. JT is only 11 songs , average concert is about 22-23 songs. I cant wait to see them but I hope this is not the start of a greatest hits band like the rolling stones. The band have always been adamant they would not go down this road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Who knows, they could easily play 4 new songs each night.

Personally I'd rather see this new show (and TJT in full for the first time ever) than a rehashed I+e tour which seemed likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Barcelona gig fifteen minutes walk from my house. Delighted!
    How far from say las Ramblas is the venue ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭weadick

Was very funny when that sheep pissed on him

Think it shat on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Just after subscribing there. I assume I'm in the Thursday group for the presale? Can't find where it says what group I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Don't think you'll get a presale code if you subscribe after the tour is announced. Not fair on people who are regular subscribers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

Redo91 wrote: »
    Just after subscribing there. I assume I'm in the Thursday group for the presale? Can't find where it says what group I'm in.

Just log in and click on 'Account Info' in the drop down menu on your username.

It should give you your code and group over on left side of page. I'd imagine the Thursday group.

my dream setlist for the dublin show

In Gods Country
    I Will Follow
    Miracle Of Joey Ramone
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Angel Of Harlem
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Ceaderwood Road

Intermission

Mother Of the Dissapeared
    Exit
    One Tree Hill
    Trip Through The Wires
    Red Hill Minning Town
    Running To The Stand Still
    Bullet In The Blue Sky
    With Or Without You
    ISHFWILF
    WTSHNN

Encore
    Stuck In A Moment
    Mysterious Ways
    Pride
    One

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my dream setlist for the dublin show

In Gods Country
    I Will Follow
    Miracle Of Joey Ramone
    Vertigo
    Beautiful Day
    Angel Of Harlem
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Intermission
    Mother Of the Dissapeared
    Exit
    One Tree Hill
    Trip Through The Wires
    Red Hill Minning Town
    Running To The Stand Still
    Bullet In The Blue Sky
    With Or Without You
    ISHFWILF
    WTSHNN

Encore
    Stuck In A Moment
    Mysterious Ways
    Pride
    One

All great tunes of course, however, I do not think that there will be songs not from JT played during the JT set. I could be wrong but a tour of an album would be just the album and maybe a few other hits at the end for an encore. Hard to say but could one end up being disappointed at the lenght of the gig, JT runs about 50 mins would expect them to stretch that out a bit make it at least an hour, then 30 minutes of Bono talking sh.ite and we're done.

Don't think you'll get a presale code if you subscribe after the tour is announced. Not fair on people who are regular subscribers

I did get one. The regular subscribers are in the Wednesday group and the likes of me can't buy them til Thursday so regulars aren't affected by people like me subscribing.

• Advertisement

Redo91 wrote: »
    I did get one. The regular subscribers are in the Wednesday group and the likes of me can't buy them til Thursday so regulars aren't affected by people like me subscribing.

It is probably worth the 50 bucks if it guarantees you a ticket or 4.

Snarky Snark Snark

All great tunes of course, however, I do not think that there will be songs not from JT played during the JT set. I could be wrong but a tour of an album would be just the album and maybe a few other hits at the end for an encore. Hard to say but could one end up being disappointed at the lenght of the gig, JT runs about 50 mins would expect them to stretch that out a bit make it at least an hour, then 30 minutes of Bono talking sh.ite and we're done.

I'd reckon it would be Joshua Tree in full, possibly reworked slightly for a live setting with visuals and other fluff, that's gonna be an hour, then they'll likely sod off for an interval and then I'd expect another 45 mins to at most an hour of a greatest hits package. That's generally how these things work.

U2 are the one band, over the last 40 years, that HAVEN'T traded on their past.

The Rolling Stones, Springsteen, Stone Roses, Axl Rose, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, etc etc are far more guilty of that than U2 ever could be. U2 have tried to be relevant and adventurous with their music on many occasions. Their tour productions constantly break down barriers and the mere fact that they constantly up near 7 songs in the live set, from each new album, speaks volumes.

OK, they do it now. So what? They've earned the right to do it. They've been one of the biggest and one of the best. If this is where they want to go, then all power to them.

They're not 28 years of age anymore, flying to Berlin, to try and change the music landscape forever. That stage of their career is over.

I'd reckon it would be Joshua Tree in full, possibly reworked slightly for a live setting with visuals and other fluff, that's gonna be an hour, then they'll likely sod off for an interval and then I'd expect another 45 mins to at most an hour of a greatest hits package. That's generally how these things work.

I could live with that, plus I seen Noel Gallagher's HFB in Manchester, they were excellent, he sang a few Oasis songs including Whatever, so this could turn out to be an epic gig :D:D:D

The boys only care about one thing $$$$$,they made that decision when they hired Oseary as their manager and signed with Live Nation.

No way should you be able to sign up after the tour announcement to get presale access .
    For the US gigs you can even buy a membership addon bundle off Ticketmaster on Thursday ,the same time as the Wires Group Presale starts,that's ludicrous.

Snarky Snark Snark

I could live with that, plus I seen Noel Gallagher's HFB in Manchester, they were excellent, he sang a few Oasis songs including Whatever, so this could turn out to be an epic gig :D:D:D

He put on a really good show at EP this year, his gig will depend on how the crowd react to him, if the crowd are up for him (which i'd assume on a hopefully sunny evening with a couple of pints down then they would be) then it'll be decent.

Counting chickens before hatchin though, need to get tickets first..., quite surprised at the fact they're letting people buy tickets in blocks of 8, that's just not on anymore.

• Advertisement

He put on a really good show at EP this year, his gig will depend on how the crowd react to him, if the crowd are up for him (which i'd assume on a hopefully sunny evening with a couple of pints down then they would be) then it'll be decent.

Counting chickens before hatchin though, need to get tickets first..., quite surprised at the fact they're letting people buy tickets in blocks of 8, that's just not on anymore.

thought it was 4 in the presale?

Snarky Snark Snark

thought it was 4 in the presale?

tis, but 8 in the general, so it's going to be the usual ticketbastard* massacre come monday morning followed by the 1:30PM wail of "joooooo joooooooo! i just whaaaanted a ticket for de kiddies jooooo but they were all sold out...." (talk to whineline, **** that, here's 20C, call the samaritans, they might give a sh1te)

*a right shower of cnuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€70! nice one! was expecting more!
    cheapest are €76, and if ordering online there will be up to 6.85 on top of that. And those are the cheapest in the range, often a handful of crap seats, expect standing to be a higher price, and with the 6.85 on top.

these were prices for beyonce in croke park (not including the 6.85)
    : Standing tickets (Sold Out) cost €104.00, Gold Circle (Sold Out) cost €114.00 and seats prices
    range from €49.50 to €144

The 6.85 per ticket is a bargain :rolleyes:, just check out the satisfied customer over in consumer issues raving about them http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102212190#post102212190
    In past years people got them, I know several people who paid for this explicit & blatant touting/gouging "fan club" after signing up with days to go
    JT runs about 50 mins would expect them to stretch that out a bit make it at least an hour, then 30 minutes of Bono talking sh.ite and we're done.
    I have been to several "album" gigs of other bands and they always played plenty of extra songs, and these were in smaller venues with stricter time limits where you would expect shorter gig lengths.

ticket setup shown here
    16591s.jpg

so standing seems to be split in 3, pitch 1, pitch 2 and red zone. The red zone are €315.00 + up to 6.85

"Seated Gold Hot Ticket" €314.50 (+6.85)

http://www.u2gigs.com/
    For regular tickets, prices in North America will range from $35 to $280, with slight variation between cities. On continental Europe, there will be similar minor variation between cities with prices around €40 to €180, with GA €75. In the UK, prices - which in this instance are inclusive of fees - range from £40.30 to £187, with GA £78.25.
    There are also VIP packages. These too will vary slightly in price between shows, so I will use the Dublin prices. Like other recent tours, this one features a Red Zone, €315, with a portion of the costs going to the Red charity; ticketholders will have entry to their own zone close to the stage and the chance to be selected for a backstage tour. There will also be a Gold Hot Ticket, €314.50, with premium reserved seats in the stands, an exclusive item of merchandise, and a commemorative lanyard; a Silver Hot Ticket, €220.65, with similar benefits but seats slightly further from the front; and VIP Travel Experience Packages, €995-1,990, which include a reserved seat within the first 15 rows, 4-star hotel accommodation, shuttle to the show, a private catered pre-show reception, and the chance to be selected for a backstage tour.

Lanyard!!!
    giphy.gif

It is probably worth the 50 bucks if it guarantees you a ticket or 4.

Ya that was my thinking at least. Had to leave my job at Christmas to study for exams so wasn't easy parting with €50 with potentially nothing to show for it!

Seems like only the other day the ticket mania started for the Irish I&E shows in 2015

Trying for Hogan Stand tickets as the Cusack Stand side is a bit of pain, The main bars for Concerts are located in the huge space down the big set of steps by the musuem (for Bruce Springsteen certain drinks ran out so you had to go to different kiosks to get them)

Songs Of Experience to come out in the Autumn and then the Joshua Tree will head down under for a few shows in Jan/Feb 2018 and the SOE world tour will commence in 2018 and will run up until the middle of 2019 ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement