Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Because if they went or it and failed, they get nothing. Sure, they'd be a FG from winning if they made it, but that's still an if.

This way they just need to recover a ball and make one more score. Which was the best they'd get either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We need a hail mary!!

Ffs:mad:

=(

Raphael wrote: »
    Because if they went or it and failed, they get nothing. Sure, they'd be a FG from winning if they made it, but that's still an if.

This way they just need to recover a ball and make one more score. Which was the best they'd get either way.

No they needed to recover the ball and get a td big difference,if they had the balls to go for a td at 4th down they would only need to get the ball back which they did and get close enough to go for a field goal,which they didnt anyway so it doesnt matter but you know what i mean they got to the 50yrd line i think,but if they had been 3 behind instead of 7 at their last pocession then i think they might have played it differently knowing they would only have to get within fg range,with 6 secs left they had to go long because they neefed a td,if they had gone for the td at 4th down they wouldnt have had to do that and could have tied

But if they failed to make that TD, they hand the ball over immediately to the Lions, who just keep the ball on the ground, run out the clock, and let the game end with a 10 point lead. No chance for an onside kick, which is the only that a team can plan to recover the ball.

3 guaranteed points, with a need to recover and get 7, or 7 possible points, with a need to recover and get 3. They made the right call, imo.

But if they failed to make that TD, they hand the ball over immediately to the Lions, who just keep the ball on the ground, run out the clock, and let the game end with a 10 point lead. No chance for an onside kick, which is the only that a team can plan to recover the ball.

3 guaranteed points, with a need to recover and get 7, or 7 possible points, with a need to recover and get 3. They made the right call.

I still say go for it,it was obviously the wrong call cos they still lost just by 3 pts less

Eh, they lost the game when they went 10 points behind with 4 minutes to go.

Eh, they lost the game when they went 10 points behind with 4 minutes to go.

So a team has never come frm 10 pts down with 4mins to go no, all im saying is im dissapointed they didnt have the bottle to go for that td at 4th down they had nothing to lose,they lost by 7 instead of 10 great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So a team has never come frm 10 pts down with 4mins to go no, all im saying is im dissapointed they didnt have the bottle to go for that td at 4th down they had nothing to lose,they lost by 7 instead of 10 great stuff

Its the same thing either way, you need a TD and a field goal to tie it. They were guaranteed the points on the FG and then try to get the ball back to get the TD. If you go for it and miss on 4th down the game is over and there is NO chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Don't you just wish Pierre Garcon would keep his mouth shut?

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/23/pierre-garcon-rgiii-knee-washington-redskins/?sct=hp_t2_a3

Although he's probably right, it's probably not something he should be out talking about. Last week he was mouthing off about something as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Don't you just wish Pierre Garcon would keep his mouth shut?

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/23/pierre-garcon-rgiii-knee-washington-redskins/?sct=hp_t2_a3

Although he's probably right, it's probably not something he should be out talking about. Last week he was mouthing off about something as well.

He has a point but after saying the same thing last week I dont think he needed to go over it again this week.

Its pretty obvious RGIII is not the same dynamic footballer we had last season, but he is getting there.He had a couple of nice runs on Sunday but more important he looked solid for at least 3 quarters and the defence looked alot better on Sunday than they had the previous 2 games. all be it against lesser opposition.

Lucky for us we have the raiders next weekend, a must win before the bye week after which we should be much better. But to be honest after that we have three horrible games away to Dallas(winnable maybe?) home to Chicago (Hmmm) away to Denver (if we dont improve we could lose this by 40)

Dont want to talk about must win games already but we really must win the next 2 we have to get a win at Oakland and away to Dallas. If we do I think we could take Chicago at home, lose the Denver one and be sitting at 3-4 by week 8. I would take that now :-)

Lucky for us we have the raiders next weekend

I was saying the same thing about the Lions last week and we all know how that worked out!

If Pryor is cleared to play, it could be another long day for the defence. Before he got concussed last night, apparently he was moving the ball quite well against Denver so I don't think this game is a gimme.

I was saying the same thing about the Lions last week and we all know how that worked out!

If Pryor is cleared to play, it could be another long day for the defence. Before he got concussed last night, apparently he was moving the ball quite well against Denver so I don't think this game is a gimme.

Not saying it is a gimme by any stretch of the imagination but it is about as easy a game as we are going to get, only one other team we would want to face and thats the Jags. But we need to start winning now or its going to be a lost season.

Not saying it is a gimme by any stretch of the imagination but it is about as easy a game as we are going to get, only one other team we would want to face and thats the Jags. But we need to start winning now or its going to be a lost season.
    If only they could play the Jags every week!

If only they could play the Jags every week!

The way the defence is playing though MJD might have a field day against us. Just checking the schedule further there, we really do not have a nice schedule. We need to go into week 9 at 3-4 or we could be out of it altogether.

What you reckon we need to take the division 9-7 or 8-8?

What you reckon we need to take the division 9-7 or 8-8?

Redskins and Giants are awful and the Eagles aren't great either but I don't know about the Cowboys yet. They nearly threw it away against NY in week 1 but I don't know were St. Louis just poor on Sunday or was it a good Dallas performance.

So I'd say if Sunday was the real deal, they'll probably win the division at 9-7 but if they're not, 8-8 will probably win it.

Redskins and Giants are awful and the Eagles aren't great either but I don't know about the Cowboys yet. They nearly threw it away against NY in week 1 but I don't know were St. Louis just poor on Sunday or was it a good Dallas performance.

So I'd say if Sunday was the real deal, they'll probably win the division at 9-7 but if they're not, 8-8 will probably win it.

It will be interesting to see how the two teams match up in week 5

Well that isn't a good start. 2 possessions, 2 yards and a blocked punt recovered for a TD. COuld be going to bed early here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Yeah, looking asleep again

The Offence really need to sit down with the Defence and get some tips on scoring touchdowns.

The Offence really need to sit down with the Defence and get some tips on scoring touchdowns.

It's strange isn't it? The defence is awful and gives up a million yards a game but they've now got 3 TDs now as well.

Maybe we could try swapping the two teams around? Not like it could make things any worse... =/

Maybe we could try swapping the two teams around? Not like it could make things any worse... =/

This is bad. The Raiders are a team that is pretty poor anyway and is without its 1st choice QB and is now without its star RB and a it's starting full back but they're still controlling the ball.

And we manage to win a game. Woo.

On the plus side, the rest of the NFC East is having a hard time - The whole division lost today. Might not be about being the best for us, just the least ****. No way anyone out of that division is taking a wildcard though.

• Advertisement

And we manage to win a game. Woo.

On the plus side, the rest of the NFC East is having a hard time - The whole division lost today. Might not be about being the best for us, just the least ****. No way anyone out of that division is taking a wildcard though.

Who cares about a wild card one win behind the division lead now! :-)

Romo/Bryant are going to destroy the secondary next week.

Romo/Bryant are going to destroy the secondary next week.

Me and you would destroy our secoundary:D

Yeah, any optimism I had about next week faded fast during that last game. ****...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Yeah, any optimism I had about next week faded fast during that last game. ****...

Imo it would be exactly like Dallas to go out after that next week and play like total ****. I nearly expect it tbh.

• Advertisement

For some reason you guys seem pessimistic. Did you see Dallas's defence? As bad if not worse than ours, the Broncos defence was abysmal last night. I'm looking forward to a 42 - 35 victory

I wonder what possible reason we could have to be pessimistic =p

I wonder what possible reason we could have to be pessimistic =p

well if your a redskins fan its part of the DNA!

Seriously I think we get one over on Romo next week. As long a we keep it close coming into the stretch Tony will do what Tony does .. throw an interception or two.

I will say one thing for our Defence this year, they're a pretty decent Offence, so if Romo tosses them the ball, they should do well with it.

Hopefully, RGIII is getting closer to 100% and now that's he's had 4 games and a week off, he'll be better than he has been so far. If he still can't out run linebackers who chase him out of the pocket which he hasn't been able to do so far, they don't have a chance.

So who's your money on in the D'Angelo Hall vs. Dez Bryant match up?

Not happy with RGIII saying he's deliberately looking for late hits when he gets to the sideline. We al know he's doing it but for God's sake, don't say it. He'll get pummelled this week and the refs will keep their flags in the pockets.

Never mind his performances on the field, he's gone from last year being a very mature for his age player, saying the right things and being a credit to himself to this year saying stupid stuff and being an embarrassment

Anyone watch that game? I gotta say, I expected the Bears to take us to pieces, was pleasantly surprised. Though as a a Morris owner in Fantasy, I don't think I like Helu Jr anymore.

Anyone watch that game? I gotta say, I expected the Bears to take us to pieces, was pleasantly surprised. Though as a a Morris owner in Fantasy, I don't think I like Helu Jr anymore.

Happy with the win but there is still plenty to be worried about: Merriweather being a tool for starters, poor tackling, giving up big plays etc.

You gotta remember that half the Bears' starters were on the sidelines for the second half.

Looks like meriweather is gonna get at least a 1 game ban

It's official, 2 weeks out. Hopefully it gets him to cop the **** on.

• Advertisement

Not happy with RGIII saying he's deliberately looking for late hits when he gets to the sideline. We al know he's doing it but for God's sake, don't say it. He'll get pummelled this week and the refs will keep their flags in the pockets.

Never mind his performances on the field, he's gone from last year being a very mature for his age player, saying the right things and being a credit to himself to this year saying stupid stuff and being an embarrassment

I think your being overly critical here.

Redskins looked decent at the weekend but the bears really were banged up.

This may sound crazy but we could win the next four. We can score points against this Denver pass defence just not sure the defence can hold Manning coming off an emotional loss. I would not like to playing Fantasy against him next week.

That said after Denver we have Chargers, Minny and Philly so we could turn into week 11 at 5-5 and then have probably 4 winnable games of the 6 remaining so 9-7 finish good enough for the division lead? Probably not.

I would not put money on us next week, no way. The next 3 weeks, sure, but I really don't think we have our **** together enough to put up a fight against this seasons Broncos.

I would not put money on us next week, no way. The next 3 weeks, sure, but I really don't think we have our **** together enough to put up a fight against this seasons Broncos.

the Broncos pass d is terrible, jordan Reed looks the real deal and with Garcon , Helu and Morris I actually think we might score a bit against them. Probably not enough to win but hey there is always a chance.

Love the overs in the game anyway! :-)

It could be a high scoring game alright, but I'd be shocked if we end up with the higher one.

It's official, 2 weeks out. Hopefully it gets him to cop the **** on.

I'm not too upset about this. While they don't have anyone to replace him and Peyton will probably rip Bacari Rambo or whoever plays in his place to pieces but you can't keep giving up 15 yard penalties for unsportsmanlike contact. It's killing the team. It's not like they were bad calls and he got hosed by the refs either. He seriously needs to sit down and figure out how to tackle in the new NFL.

Whohoo. A stop on defence!

Kirk Cousins time next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

the Broncos pass d is terrible, jordan Reed looks the real deal and with Garcon , Helu and Morris I actually think we might score a bit against them. Probably not enough to win but hey there is always a chance.
    Well the Broncos defence battered RG3 all game, picked off four passes and Griffin had 132 passing yards - not bad for a team with a 'terrible' pass d.

Well the Broncos defence battered RG3 all game, picked off four passes and Griffin had 132 passing yards - not bad for a team with a 'terrible' pass d.

Your right it was a very good game for the Worst Pass Defence in the league, definitely upped their game but were helped by a really ineffective RGIII

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

So lads how are yee fixed for Sunday?, optimistic or do you think the Bolts will have your number. Our O has been great but our pass D is terrible so RG3 should have a better time of it.

Advertisement