Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Video teaching

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭keoclassic

What does the principal say think?

That he has very limited scope to deal with it. But as she says herself. It had to be someone in her class.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    The school should have a policy and it should be implemented. It is clearly a breach of the code of behaviour. I would advise using a platform that is more secure and GDPR compliant like Teams. Teachers should not be afraid to demand that the code of behaviour is implemented.

How do you implement it if its a faceless and nameless act?

We only admit students from their school email. No one else allowed in. I do allow about 30 seconds lee way if it’s clearly a student in the class, I let them in and tell them to log out and switch account. Google meet alerts me if it’s someone outside the schools addresses. I’ve got quick entry turned off

That's a good idea. Like make them register?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

keoclassic wrote: »
    That's a good idea. Like make them register?

They all have a school email address already. So I can either just use the link in google classroom or create a meeting in my calendar with the quick add setting turned off.

Not sure how to do any of that with zoom to be fair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

are you allowed record live classes? what about gdpr with students in a live class?

• Advertisement

keoclassic wrote: »
    Sexual remarks to females and derogatory comments to the males. Very cowardly stuff. They share the links and the students can invite anyone in! No security.

OK straight away thats a red flag for me. I would write down everything said repaort to management and refuse to interact with any class live that does that. No way i would bother with a Live lesson if that was going on. Thats crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Dickie10 wrote: »
    are you allowed record live classes? what about gdpr with students in a live class?

We aren't in our school.

no wouldnt imagine its legal at all. I might record a few this week to have instead of doing all Live classes as I am at the moment.I will just record in night doing a few classes over PP

Advertisement