17-10-2016, 15:07   #61
Doctor DooM

I'm seeing all this unadulterated lurve for Luke Cage and I'm kinda surprised, I really thought it took a nosedive post episode 7!

Definitely thought Ms Jones and DD season 1 were superior (although there is plenty to love in Luke Cage).
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2016, 16:18   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor DooM View Post
I'm seeing all this unadulterated lurve for Luke Cage and I'm kinda surprised, I really thought it took a nosedive post episode 7!

Definitely thought Ms Jones and DD season 1 were superior (although there is plenty to love in Luke Cage).
I'm the opposite; I don't get why people disliked the last few episodes...
17-10-2016, 16:51   #63
FunLover18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck
I'm the opposite; I don't get why people disliked the last few episodes...

Diamondback was just a total let down for me and I don't know why he was there. First half of the season he was built up as this mob overlords who Stokes was afraid of, I though Stokes was like level 1 and Diamondback was the boss at the end. But he arrived and he was just a Spoiler: jealous brother . His connection to Stokes and the mob was never explained; was it pure coincidence that he was manipulating things and Cage showed up or did he know Cage was in Harlem prior. It was just lazy writing and the battle for Harlem took a backseat to a lazily plotted family drama which I had no interest in.

That's a brief summary of why I disliked it.

Last edited by FunLover18; 17-10-2016 at 16:56.
17-10-2016, 16:57   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunLover18 View Post
Diamondback was just a total let down for me and I don't know why he was there. First half of the season he was built up as this mob overlords who Stokes was afraid of, I though Stokes was like level 1 and Diamondback was the boss at the end. But he arrived and he was just a Spoiler: jealous brother . His connection to Stokes and the mob was never explained; was it pure coincidence that he was manipulating things knowing Cage would show up or did he know Cage was in Harlem prior. It was just lazy writing and the battle for Harlem took a backseat to a lazily plotted family drama which I had no interest in.

That's a brief summary of why I disliked it.
Hmm... I kinda liked all that. I really liked how Cottonmouth Spoiler: was the slow-build calculating (though not as clever as he thought he was) villain that came before the lunatic with no real plan and a flimsy motive. It kinda felt like the opposite to the other shows, which I liked. I really liked when Spoiler: Shades realised just how stupid Diamondback was for his lack of a plan. I have to say as well, I was really excited by the inclusion of Spoiler: Hammer tech and I was possibly overly excited by the Spoiler: Serpent Society costume reveal...
17-10-2016, 16:58   #65
Mickeroo
Administrator

I thought LC started out very cliched and just downright poor in terms of some of the dialogue and characters but improved as it went along. Didn't think it hit the heights of JJ or DD and it suffered from the same thing as JJ where I felt it peaked about 3 or 4 episodes too soon then just felt a bit aimless for the last few episodes.
Advertisement
17-10-2016, 23:40   #66
FunLover18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Hmm... I kinda liked all that. I really liked how Cottonmouth Spoiler: was the slow-build calculating (though not as clever as he thought he was) villain that came before the lunatic with no real plan and a flimsy motive. It kinda felt like the opposite to the other shows, which I liked. I really liked when Spoiler: Shades realised just how stupid Diamondback was for his lack of a plan. I have to say as well, I was really excited by the inclusion of Spoiler: Hammer tech and I was possibly overly excited by the Spoiler: Serpent Society costume reveal...
But they built DB up as someone who did have a plan. Spoiler: Shaeds got really pissy when Stokes threatened Luke and said something along the lines of 'DB has plans for him'. I was hoping and expecting something better than 'he just wants to kill him' It did nothing for me, but it did for you, so there you go different strokes.

I did enjoy the Hammer tech (really wish they'd get Rockwell back somehow) although as mentioned I was disappointed that it ended with two guys beating on each other (especially when Spoiler: all Luke had to do was smash/rip off the power source on DB's back. The Serpent Society means nothing to me as I've never read the comics.
18-10-2016, 11:47   #67
Doctor DooM

I think I can't get past, after a couple years of nuanced, complicated, interesting villains that Luke Cage reverts to one of the oldest tricks in the superhero book Spoiler: the insane brother. It was like watching a superhero film from the 90's, the way it was portrayed.

I do have to stress though that I enjoyed Luke Cage waaaay more than most other crap I've seen on TV, it's just that the competition (both DC and Marvel) have such high water marks on TV when they're good.
22-10-2016, 20:00   #68
Agent Coulson

‘Jessica Jones’ Hires All Women Directors for Season 2

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/jess...rg-1201897203/
26-10-2016, 10:14   #69
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

Watching the finale tonight. Thought it was a bit flat for the first few episodes. The second half of the season is a big improvement so far and I like the idea of Spoiler: switching the villains. Diamondback is a great villain though the twist was a bit weak. The Judas bullets added a nice dimension in that we get to see Cage's powers act against him as well.
Advertisement
26-10-2016, 12:34   #70
steve_r

I couldn't get into JJ, finished Luke Cage recently. I think the acting is good but the writing is poor, both in terms of plot and really naff dialogue at times.

The scene where Misty was being interviewed was particularly bad for clunky exposition dialogue.

I prefered Daredevil becuase the surrounding world seemed to be a lot more coherent. A lot of time was spent on the local positics in Luke Cage and it didn't really work for me. There was no real media/journalistic personalities challenging anything that was going on.

As regards Diamondback and Cottenmouth, I actually thought they were both good villans in terms of being actual characters. Contrast with say X-Men Apocolpse where it's just an overpowered bad guy.
09-11-2016, 23:51   #71
Agent Coulson

Marvel Has Plans for Possible Ghost Rider Netflix Series or Movie

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/09/ghos...-gabriel-luna/
10-11-2016, 06:20   #72

Strange that they'd shift gears like that given they introduced him outside of Netflix, but whatever gets me closer to a Blade show on Netflix I'll take. If GR opens the door to the supernatural side then I'm all for it.
10-11-2016, 17:08   #73

Ugh.... no interest in seeing a Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider show or movie. Give me (a well written version of) Johnny Blaze or give me death!
04-12-2016, 22:30   #74
Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/LukeCage/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2016, 11:21   #75
pixelburp

Great news, seemed to be the more divisive Netflix / Marvel show but it was the better of the four so far for me. Could probably do with being a touch shorter, Netflix need to start hiring better editors

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion