Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel Neflix Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

spoilers allowed in the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I finished it also, i enjoyed it, but you have to really mess up for me not to find some enjoyment out of a marvel movie/series. I did feel it was lacking in some places. Especially the fight choreography, they could have done so much more with him, i dont understand why they didnt have the fight scenes on par or better than daredevils :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd spoiler tag everthing for at a week anyway I'm on episode 10 myself so nearly there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd spoiler tag everthing for at a week anyway

This seems fair; we'll go with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well there's a spoiler above so in Ben gadot post about whether a character does or does not show up.

It's all a bit meh. It's an ok show nothing great. Daredevil season 1 and Jessica Jones have been the best Netflix marvel.
    Luke Cage was solid but really had problems with the plot not always going forward. And it needed more cottonmouth.
    Daredevil season 2 was grand with the punisher but the hand stuff was a weak turn.
    Ironfist wasn't as good as season 1 of Arrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Just started today and without realising was on episode 5 really enjoyable show. As for critics it's like they there to tell the masses there wrong. Law abiding citizen is 25% off reviewers on rotten tomatoes but 75% by viewers. best film oscars go to films like moonlight I'm sure it's a great film but films like avengers, star was that gross multiple times what they will. And even in 5 years when no one will be buying moonlight theses films will still prob make more on blu ray and digital copy's then moonlight did at the box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’ Was Netflix’s Most Binged Drama Premiere

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/marvels-iron-fist-netflix-most-binged-1202020200/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I watched the first 2 episodes yesterday. I was expecting an absolute trainwreck but found them to be fairly enjoyable if a little light. It certainly wasn't a struggle to sit through them anyway.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

"Light" is a description I've used for the show a few times. A welcome change from the other shows, I thought!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

"Light" is a description I've used for the show a few times. A welcome change from the other shows, I thought!

I'm not so sure. I find the films to be very light. I quite enjoy the darker tone of the Netflix series. Then again, part of experimenting with the franchise is that some negative results will be obtained.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

The Defenders teaser.

Numbers on the top left bring you to the below link.

http://nybulletin.com/

Time stamp on the top right ends at 08/18/17. Release date 18th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

wow, that's like a rabbit hole, there's links to other webpages if you look, I found Colleens Gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I loved that trailer:

"I'm The Immortal Iron Fist"
    "You what???!!!"

Great trailer indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I loved that trailer:
    "I'm The Immortal Iron Fist" "You what???!!!"

I gave up on Iron Fist but that trailer gave me hope that they may use his stupidity well, so I might try to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I gave up on Iron Fist but that trailer gave me hope that they may use his stupidity well, so I might try to finish it.

I particularly loved his interaction with Jessica Jones. I think playing his righteousness and naivety off against JJ's sarcasm and cynicism could work brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

FunLover18 wrote: »

I gave up after the first few mins: Hey guys, it's me, your old buddy. Lets go get sandwiches. What? You don't remember me?

Iron Fist is definitely one of those characters who'll work so much better with other hero's as proved in even this little snippet of the Defenders I enjoyed his series but didn't enjoy him more the characters around him

Iron Fist is definitely one of those characters who'll work so much better with other hero's as proved in even this little snippet of the Defenders I enjoyed his series but didn't enjoy him more the characters around him

Agreed. I'm hoping Luke Cage will give him guidance and he'll come out of The Defenders as a much stronger, more world-wise character and that will lead on to a stronger arc for Iron Fist season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I had a little hopeful theory that a big reason Jones might have been cast as Rand is that they tested him with Colter. From the brief moments in that trailer I'm not discouraged.

Ben Gadot wrote:
    I had a little hopeful theory that a big reason Jones might have been cast as Rand is that they tested him with Colter. From the brief moments in that trailer I'm not discouraged.

Colter said in an interview for Luke Cage that he hadn't​ even met him yet and Iron Fist had started filming at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Bit off topic but towards the end of the Season finale of
    Fargo, Varga say he's Daniel Rand
    :D

Season 2 of Iron Fist officially announced at Comic Con. also, season 3 of Daredevil (can't remember if that was previously made official).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 houlihand

Looking forward to this series!

They showed the entire first episode apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 2 of Iron Fist officially announced at Comic Con. also, season 3 of Daredevil (can't remember if that was previously made official).

It was, due to drop on Netflix sometime next year.

Advertisement