Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

rob316 wrote: »
    The clothes look terrible. Worse than Penny's
    Horrible clothes I would barely use them for rags!

Fashion Police are out in force :rolleyes:

It's PennEys FWIW but as you obvioulsy would't sully your appearance by wearing clothes bought there we can't expect you to know how to spell it ;)

Absolutely nothing wrong with the price, quality or look of the majority of Penneys/Primark stuff. Some is better quality than premium brands in my experience.

Dealz/Pep & Co clothing is aimed at the same demographic as Penneys/Primark which doesn't include members of Na Póilíní Faisin :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was in the one in Blanchardstown tonight. Hadn't been there since the clothes came in, the rest of the store is a total mess now, mixed up aisles all over the place. Not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya it’s the same with the one in cork city, the clothes have taken up a lot of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

They extended the Letterkenny branch but still had to squash normal products in tighter. Took me a while to figure out where everything was.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinmgp

I was in the Dealz in both Gorey and Enniscorthy today, and I’ve got to say I wish they made more of an effort to keep stocks the same, at least per county! There are some exclusive products in Gorey that can’t be found in the Enniscorthy store, and vice versa, same with the other stores. I know it’s not the easiest thing to do, keeping stocks the exact same all through the Republic of Ireland, but more of an attempt would be nice.
    Also, 666th post 0.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Question about stock in different branches......has anyone seen Millicano coffee in any of the stores recently? They used to have it all the time in Lk but lately all you can get is Azera which I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

fdevine wrote: »

It's PennEys FWIW but as you obvioulsy would't sully your appearance by wearing clothes bought there we can't expect you to know how to spell it ;)

Absolutely nothing wrong with the price, quality or look of the majority of Penneys/Primark stuff. Some is better quality than premium brands in my experience.

Dealz/Pep & Co clothing is aimed at the same demographic as Penneys/Primark which doesn't include members of Na Póilíní Faisin :D:D

Hold on my comment was aimed at Dealz stuff, I love Penneys clothes so keep yours thanks whoring comments to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Hold on my comment was aimed at Dealz stuff, I love Penneys clothes so keep yours thanks whoring comments to yourself.

Your post quoted rob316 who specifically mentioned Penneys. You were not specific insofar as which/who you were referring to.

My post was intened as a lighthearted response, characterised by the use of smileys and I don't appreciate the "like whoring" inference but serves me right for feeding the flame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Let's get back to the dealz please.

Your post quoted rob316 who specifically mentioned Penneys. You were not specific insofar as which/who you were referring to.

My post was intened as a lighthearted response, characterised by the use of smileys and I don't appreciate the "like whoring" inference but serves me right for feeding the flame.

He said the clothes in Dealz were worse than Penneys, so hes talking about Dealz clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He said the clothes in Dealz were worse than Penneys, so hes talking about Dealz clothes.

he was clearly saying both were crap. As you quoted I was not sure which you meant were bad, seemed you were in agreement that both were bad. But strangely now turns out you "love" penneys.

A more useful post to others would have been saying they are not even in the same league, if they really are so different.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They are aimed at the same market as Penneys and they look crap, which is why I said worse.
    Nothing wrong with penneys, its the king for socks, jocks, pyjamas and summer clothes.

I'll elaborate, the clothes look awful, like stuff from the 90's. I'd be very sad if I was in the unfortunate position that I had to buy clothes from there.

The stores look an absolute mess now too, everything is crammed in.

rubadub wrote: »
    he was clearly saying both were crap. As you quoted I was not sure which you meant were bad, seemed you were in agreement that both were bad. But strangely now turns out you "love" penneys.

A more useful post to others would have been saying they are not even in the same league, if they really are so different.

How is it strange do you personally know me? His main gripe was Dealz the poster jumped to the conclusion it was Penneys and thank whored, its obvious he was mainly having a dig at Dealz as was I.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sweet jesus, it was blatantly clear he was saying/inferring penneys were crap. The 2 of you backtracking is embarrassing & cringeworthy.

One now says they "love penneys", the other says "nothing wrong with penneys"

Saying something is "worse than" something it quite obviously implies that the thing it is being compared to is bad, but this is even worse.

Or maybe you backtrackers would think nothing is strange about saying something like "sharknado 5 is a terrible film, worse than Shawshank redemption"

rubadub wrote: »
    Sweet jesus, it was blatantly clear he was saying/inferring penneys were crap. The 2 of you backtracking is embarrassing & cringeworthy.

One now says they "love penneys", the other says "nothing wrong with penneys"

Saying something is "worse than" something it quite obviously implies that the thing it is being compared to is bad, but this is even worse.

Or maybe you backtrackers would think nothing is strange about saying something like "sharknado 5 is a terrible film, worse than Shawshank redemption"

To be fair, nothing that Iseedeadpixels posted to me implied that he didn't like Penneys. If someone says "X is much worse than Y" and someone replies "yeah I don't like X at all" or even just "yeah it's terrible", you can't infer anything about how that second person feels about Y. I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing really.

Back to the bargains! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Princes tuna in sunflower oil
    4 x 130g drained, €2

To be fair, nothing that Iseedeadpixels posted to me implied that he didn't like Penneys. If someone says "X is much worse than Y" and someone replies "yeah I don't like X at all" or even just "yeah it's terrible", you can't infer anything about how that second person feels about Y. I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing really.

Back to the bargains! :)

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I was looking at the clothes today, for babies and young children the clothes seemed fine. I wouldn’t buy any of the adult clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Just has a look in Dealz queen's old castle and that pep and co clobber looks crap. And I'm a fan of Penney's. I'll be sticking to the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Got the complete adventures of tintin (21 episodes, 6 DVDs) for 1.50 in Dealz Cork Queen's old castle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Was in Dealz Blanchardstown earlier and noticed this in the camping gear...

Yes a stand up while you pee device for women...I chuckled a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

lowelife wrote: »
    Been there for yonks
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2cX5lOepFdUvVmx7qk1ViMrlhw9BPfJ7Tgi5MkcgEsJjYZ-ruIA

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

lowelife wrote: »

talking about taking the píss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

talking about taking the píss :pac:
    I think the original was named a She-Wee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

SHEWEE is a portable urinating device for women developed by UK entrepreneur and inventor Samantha Fountain. The idea first came to her while backpacking around Europe and sparked her mission… to spare women from ever having to “pop-a-squat“ again

That name lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Paging Donald Trump...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

OmegaGene wrote: »
    SHEWEE is a portable urinating device for women developed by UK entrepreneur and inventor Samantha Fountain. The idea first came to her while backpacking around Europe and sparked her mission… to spare women from ever having to “pop-a-squat“ again

That name lol

SHEWEE or FOUNTAIN? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

phonypony wrote: »
    SHEWEE or FOUNTAIN? :D

Fountain is funny

Shewee is quite a good product name

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Fountain is funny

Shewee is quite a good product name