Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

33x Bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

As far as I know, the 33X will resume operating as normal on Friday 2nd January.

There is definitely no service today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ah ok, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's a Saturday service on the 33 and 33a today and tomorrow.

There is an extra inbound 33 at 07:40 from Skerries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A quick question about the regular M-F 33 service... What would be the first stop on the 07:05s, 07:20s & 07:35s services in Skerries?

Stop 3815 on Northcliffe Heights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Many thanks! It wasn't clear from the Dubln Bus website.

For those of you unlucky to be working on Friday:

Route 33x
    Departures at 06:55 and 07:30 from Skerries
    Departures at 17:00 and 18:00 from Custom House Quay - See more at: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Easter-2015-Arrangements/#sthash.s40LLC6L.dpuf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

better'n the years they just cancelled it altogether.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The 6pm jammers was jammers this evening. Didn't pick up anyone else after Customs House Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

The 6pm jammers was jammers this evening. Didn't pick up anyone else after Customs House Quay.

Wonder did the 5.30 not come - one day last week the 5.30 was boarding at about 5.50, with the 6 pm waiting to go on service. 5.30 seems to be the least reliable of the 33xs from my experience.

cbreeze wrote: »
    Wonder did the 5.30 not come - one day last week the 5.30 was boarding at about 5.50, with the 6 pm waiting to go on service. 5.30 seems to be the least reliable of the 33xs from my experience.
    Absolutely 100%, have sent a few emails to Dublin Bus about it centred around one driver who used to always be late in arriving at the terminus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

The 06:35 from Skerries has been reduced back down to one bus for their summer timetable. So it's back to being dangerously full, leaving people behind in Lusk and it's much later getting into town.
    Every time they get that bus right, Dublin Bus make changes to the timetable again. The two buses worked very well up to now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Noticed that, was wondering what was going on. Annoying.

So what happened to the 6pm bus?
    Never showed up but there was feck all people there at 5.50 waiting for it.

Anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

The 5.30 got delayed in traffic and showed up late. Then Dublin Bus claimed that the bus which showed up late was in fact the 6pm, which left when full to capacity. It's a joke.

• Advertisement

That was frustrating. Was the one before 6pm full and therefore the 6pm didn't operate at all?

Generic response alert.
    I refer to your email regarding a missing service on route 33X.

Every reasonable endeavour is made by Dublin Bus to ensure the operation of its buses according to schedule. Unfortunately, from time to time our services may be disrupted due to breakdowns or maintenance issues, traffic conditions, incidents on the bus, accidents and vandalism. We understand the inconvenience this causes our customers and we ask that you please accept our apologies on this occasion.

On behalf of Dublin Bus thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Clearly I don't have the right address when it comes to making complaints to Dublin Bus about inadequate bus routes. Standing at bus stop on Custom House Quay since 5.25 for 5.30 bus and not 1 but 2 nice practically empty 142 buses sail past. These buses together with the 32s and 42s and the dart and the commuter rail all serve Malahide and Portmarnock while I and my fellow residents of North of the Broadmeadow Estuary are now only clamouring onto the 5.30 bus which will be full to capacity before it even reaches the second stop.
    Fed up of complaining to Dublin Bus about this. TDs and Cllrs are being notified and will continue to be notified. Daily if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Lusk commuters will soon be able to avail of a new Fingal Express bus service,launching soon, information and route here ,thank's to jwwb for posting the information....https://www.facebook.com/FingalExpress

Also http://fingalexpress.com/our-routes ...... https://twitter.com/FingalExpress

The new Fingal Express bus service is launching on Mon 25 April ... full info here ...https://twitter.com/FingalExpress

• Advertisement

It's difficult to know how this will do.

The fares are significantly higher than the 33x - €4.50 single -v- €2.85 on the 33x (both using LEAP).

Monthly tickets are priced at €145 compared with the Dublin Bus monthly ticket of €132 (both have a cheaper net cost via the taxsaver scheme) which also offers travel on all other DB services and at weekends.

It's a fairly limited timetable too (initially) with really only two peak hour departures in either direction.

Originally posted by lxflyer - The fares are significantly higher than the 33x - €4.50 single -v- €2.80 on the 33x (both using LEAP).
    Wow 1.70 in the difference,Dublin Bus is subsidised I know ,but that's not an exactly competitive price.
    I thought the idea of private operators in the market was to reduce price's,anyway it will hopefully provide a useful service to the village,although I thought they could have varied the route to take in Dun Emer/Ministers Rd area better.
    If the route proves to be not viable ,does it transfer to Dublin Bus or the just the sign's taken down off the stop's?.
    I don't use either service,but any thing that help's make people's live's and the daily commute ,more comfortable,cheaper and Shorter is to be welcomed.

dslamjack wrote: »
    Wow 1.70 in the difference,Dublin Bus is subsidised I know ,but that's not an exactly competitive price.
    I thought the idea of private operators in the market was to reduce price's,anyway it will hopefully provide a useful service to the village,although I thought they could have varied the route to take in Dun Emer/Ministers Rd area better.
    If the route proves to be not viable ,does it transfer to Dublin Bus or the just the sign's taken down off the stop's?.
    I don't use either service,but any thing that help's make people's live's and the daily commute ,more comfortable,cheaper and Shorter is to be welcomed.

The Fingal Express is a commercial service - if it doesn't work out it ceases to operate altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I took the fingal express from lusk to pearse street this morning at 8am instead of the train I usually get out of curiosity.

There was only me and another person on it, was quite quick, took about 45min to get to Pearse street, it was clean, the wifi worked, had air con etc, very comfortable.

The only issue I have is with the price. It's a little on the pricy side.

Does the fingal express have the weekly cap introduced?

slinky2000 wrote: »
    I took the fingal express from lusk to pearse street this morning at 8am instead of the train I usually get out of curiosity.

There was only me and another person on it, was quite quick, took about 45min to get to Pearse street, it was clean, the wifi worked, had air con etc, very comfortable.

The only issue I have is with the price. It's a little on the pricy side.

Does the fingal express have the weekly cap introduced?

Fingal Express is a commercial service - it is completely separate from other operators on LEAP.

It does offer a 10 journey ticket for €40 on LEAP.

I can't see it ever being included in the PSO operators capping to be honest.

Just noticed they have a promotion of 10 journey tickets for €30.

lxflyer wrote: »
    Fingal Express is a commercial service - it is completely separate from other operators on LEAP.

It does offer a 10 journey ticket for €40 on LEAP.

I can't see it ever being included in the PSO operators capping to be honest.

Just noticed they have a promotion of 10 journey tickets for €30.

https://www.leapcard.ie/en/PageSetting/ContentViewer.aspx?Val=CG%2FCj953WkPB%2B7fwjkLFshsyP7wecX6fiV0VBn3Q632F20yhboVXGTVmv%2B2bImvcFvyDWv8wk%2Bd4E5kAGPCvjpJvBUgOhvVEg%2FB6ZgVyLiI6nLqx13jMpsQIKgDUASmGM793kdSI9FJOtf2oYKBBrP3uRbgVAG0ZGo31awr2Vmg%3D&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
    4.4 Capping is not currently available outside of the Greater Dublin Area. Capping applies to journeys paid for via Leap Card Travel Credit on Dublin Bus (with some exceptions), Luas and DART/Commuter Rail services in the Short Hop Zone (SHZ) only. Capping is not available on Bus Éireann or commercial bus operators services.

slinky2000 wrote: »

I'm not really sure what the point of your post is?

It only proves what I already posted, that capping is only on DB, IE and LUAS and not on commercial operators.

The three operators listed in the capping are all PSO operators.

Only a 6.25% reduction in price for leap.

Only a 6.25% reduction in price for leap.

You have to remember - it's a commercial service with no PSO subsidy, unlike the 33 and 33X.

I'm not really sure what the point of your post is?

It only proves what I already posted, that capping is only on DB, IE and LUAS and not on commercial operators.

The three operators listed in the capping are all PSO operators.

I'm backing up your post with official text on the leap card website. I'm not contradicting your post.

• Advertisement

You have to remember - it's a commercial service with no PSO subsidy, unlike the 33 and 33X.

I realise that, but
    http://www.transportforireland.ie/leap-card/about-leap-card/ says they're usually 20% cheaper.
    I'd have thought the leap people would have forced a steeper discount to avoid watering down the benefit of leap in general.

I realise that, but
    http://www.transportforireland.ie/leap-card/about-leap-card/ says they're usually 20% cheaper.
    I'd have thought the leap people would have forced a steeper discount to avoid watering down the benefit of leap in general.

That's not down to LEAP - that's down to the individual operator to decide the level of discount, UNLESS they are PSO services.

Some operators offer no discount.

They're commercial operators - they can charge what they want.

The 20% only applies to PSO operators.

Leap are in charge of letting people use leap though.
    They could refuse to allow leap be used for operators only offering meagre discounts.
    There's nothing on the page I linked saying the discount is for pso operators only.

Leap are in charge of letting people use leap though.
    They could refuse to allow leap be used for operators only offering meagre discounts.
    There's nothing on the page I linked saying the discount is for pso operators only.

My point was that the PSO operators are the only ones offering a 20% discount, no commercial operators are, nor would I expect them to.

I don't think it is for the NTA to tell a commercial operator what fares they charge - if they did that none of them would offer LEAP.

Did the 6pm turn up last night? I gave up at 6:15 and went for the train instead.

Did the 6pm turn up last night? I gave up at 6:15 and went for the train instead.

Both the 5.30pm and 6pm bus turned up at the terminus around 6pm last night.

I'm taking a note of the current 33X driver on the 5.30pm who is CONSISTENTLY late for every one of his departures. Have sent 3 e-mails to Dublin Bus & received the same wishy washy answer each time. It's a joke.

*Bump*

So, anyone getting the 33x at 6pm this week? The driver is bonkers! Feels like the bus is gonna topple over on every corner or roundabout!

So, anyone getting the 33x at 6pm this week? The driver is bonkers! Feels like the bus is gonna topple over on every corner or roundabout!

I was on that bus yesterday too. I really didn't think we'd make it around the corner at Blakes Cross!!

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I was on that bus yesterday too. I really didn't think we'd make it around the corner at Blakes Cross!!

Same! Glad I'm not alone in thinking this. He was driving like a made man yesterday!

Like, I know the point is to get home fast, but going the same very fast speed around all corners, it's only a matter of time before something happens.

• Advertisement

Same! Glad I'm not alone in thinking this. He was driving like a made man yesterday!

Like, I know the point is to get home fast, but going the same very fast speed around all corners, it's only a matter of time before something happens.

If you're concerned, make a complaint to Dublin Bus - they're not going to be aware of the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

*Bump*

Thanks for the heads up. Sitting downstairs might be safer. If the bus topples people upstairs will have a further distance to fall and more risk of injury or worse.

LXFlyer wrote: »
    If you're concerned, make a complaint to Dublin Bus - they're not going to be aware of the issue.

On it.

cbreeze wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Sitting downstairs might be safer. If the bus topples people upstairs will have a further distance to fall and more risk of injury or worse.

I don't think it would actually fly over but it's total heart in mouth stuff.

LXFlyer wrote: »

Done! Gave them a call, told them this particular driver speeds around corners same speed. So, see what happens. They'll prob make the drivers drive real slow now.

You're welcome ðŸ˜

Slight change of route for the 33x from next Monday
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/News-Centre/General-News/Rerouting-of-Xpresso-Services-using-College-Street/
    So it's not longer turning left at D'Olier St, but continuing straight over Rosie Hackett bridge.

• Advertisement

So what happened to the 6pm 33x tonight?

How is it these mornings? Might start using it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Looked at a house in Rush today by the Tesco, if you were looking to get the 33x from there in the morning would you be guaranteed to get on the bus and what's the chances of a seat? Would be going to Stephens Green so know I'd get on no problem in the evening it's just the morning that's an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Csalem

Looked at a house in Rush today by the Tesco, if you were looking to get the 33x from there in the morning would you be guaranteed to get on the bus and what's the chances of a seat? Would be going to Stephens Green so know I'd get on no problem in the evening it's just the morning that's an issue

Just to clarify one point, in the morning's the 33X goes to St. Stephen's Green but in the evenings it starts at the Custom House. It sort of operates a staggered route. Morning inbound: Skerries to St. Stephen's Green.
    Evening outbound: Custom House to Balbriggan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Ah I'd missed that, that's a pity would have been perfect if it jmhad started from there. Any idea on how hard it is to get on in the mornings?

• Advertisement
Advertisement