Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33x Bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The ones in the evenings are starting to get busy aswell. If you don't get the 5:30 bus on Customs House Quay you could end up standing on the stairs - if you get on at all! It would be interesting to see what the numbers are like on the normal 33 once it leaves Swords.
    Surely it would make more sense to have extra 33X instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

when does Dublin bus ever make sense? they ignored a profitable route for years until the railway bridge fell into the estuary

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Emailed Dublin Bus on Monday suggesting they should have extra buses for this route in morning.
    Got similar response.....this route is currently under review and the operations manager in Summerhill will be dealing....etc"

got this one too, on 9 October

Dear Mr/Ms, [CORRECT USAGE IS SIR/MADAM]
    Dublin Bus is currently in the process of implementing an extensive Network review and as part of this we are now actively examining all our services in the Dublin North area which encompasses the area in question in your letter.
    It is always the intention of Dublin Bus to provide the most efficient high quality service with the resources available to us. The 33X currently has five departures in the morning peak between 06:30am and 07:30am from Skerries and the same returning in the evening from the City Centre between 16:15 and 18:00 [I DID TELL THEM THAT!!]
    This service is being examined with a view to maximising its efficiency and providing a service that our customers require and this will be dependent on available resources.
    Thank you for your enquiry

If the bus has an accident with the severe over-crowding the driver will be to blame, unless he/she has been instructed by Bus Eireann to pack as many people into the bus above the safety limit. The driver contributes to the problem by overloading the bus - so Bus Eireann does not feel the need to add an extra service.

Peckham wrote: »
    I've just started getting the 33X again having been getting lifts in the morning for the past year or so. I've been getting the one leaving Skerries at 6:30 (I get on at Murrays just before 7am), and am amazed at how busy it is.

I used to get the bus after that one (leaving Skerries at 6:45am), and it's even busier than that one used to be this time last year.

Also, does it really take 25 minutes for the bus to get from Skerries to Lusk. Does it leave Skerries on time?

Generally does live Skerries on time - which is how I missed the 0730 on Wednesday. It originates at Mourneview Estate Skerries and on a really good day can take just over 3 mins to get to the town centre, average 4 and a half minutes. I'd say there no more than 10-15 passengers aboard when it gets to Loughshinney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Great to see a Dublin Bus inspector and local TD Brendan Ryan doing the rounds at our bus stop this morning across from Kelly's Garage.

Fingers crossed that we can get some balance to the service to prevent the overcrowding that's now an everyday occurence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

dcr22B wrote: »
    Great to see a Dublin Bus inspector and local TD Brendan Ryan doing the rounds at our bus stop this morning across from Kelly's Garage.

Fingers crossed that we can get some balance to the service to prevent the overcrowding that's now an everyday occurence.

Yeah the driver on the 730 was on the radio to someone constantly feeding load data back.

Just wonder that even if they do agree another run Is needed do they have the money/capacity?

I wonder how they view the route considering a lot of people use annual tickets so it is hard to attribute to specific routes.Me for example, I have an annual bus & rail pass but use 33x 95% of the time but I think regardless of usage it's a 50% revenue split between Dublin bus and Irish rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Two bus stops passed again in Lusk this morning.... This is truly ridiculous. More needs to be done.

I don't know how the lack of resources excuse could work.... There are still some routes in Dublin with a bus every 10-15 minutes that are half empty.

I emailed again yesterday and got this reply:

This service is being examined with a view to maximising its efficiency and providing a service that our customers require and this will be dependent on available resources. At the minute we will not be putting an extra bus on this service as we don't have the resources to do so.

:(

Great to see things back to normal this morning after the mid term break :mad:

Got the 7.05am departure which arrived in Lusk at 7.40 or so and I counted at least 30 people standing downstairs or sitting on the stairwell. Sent a very annoyed tweet to @dublinbusnews but given their previous e-mail response, I'd doubt that they care less.

I think that people need to keep bombarding Dublin Bus with emails/letters and send them to all the local representatives:

Cllrs
    Ken Farrell
    David O'Connor
    Tom O'Leary
    Ciaran Byrne
    May McKeon

TDs
    James Reilly
    Alan Farrell
    Brendan Ryan
    Clare Daly

Public transport serving Skerries/Rush/Lusk is abysmal at best - lets see if any of the above can help us change that :D

• Advertisement

Was on the 8am from Lusk this morning and it was jammers, should have set the alarm earlier this morning.

By the way, is it illegal to have standing passengers on a bus on a motorway?

dcr22B wrote: »
    Was on the 8am from Lusk this morning and it was jammers, should have set the alarm earlier this morning.

By the way, is it illegal to have standing passengers on a bus on a motorway?

I certainly thought this was the case. Dublin bus didn't seem bothered as I outlined it as one of my concerns in an email to them...

Also, I was on that bus too :D

I walked down to the bus stop opposite Lusk Motor Group and I still couldn't get a seat, will be back on the 7.30am bus from tomorrow.

Having travelled the 142 myself on a few occasions over the past few months, it's as popular a service as the 33X but to areas much better served by other bus routes and yet despite all our e-mails and requests, they get a 100% improvement in their service:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/142-Revised-Times/

Will we ever be listened to on the 33X route and given some extra services?

What a joke and they also have the option of the normal 42, the 32x, the 102 (which connects the airport with Sutton so they have the options of buses from either place) as well as the dart or suburban rail.
    Evidently money talks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No other bus serves the large Holywell estate other than the 142. The single extra bus on the 142 is coming from cuts to the other services.

If I'm being pedantic lxflyer, the Swords Express serves Holywell as well.

Just disappointed at Dublin Bus' refusal to take our concerns into consideration when they're under capacity on other routes.

So when people contact Dublin Bus about increasing the capacity on the 33X route, they get this message back:
    "This service is being examined with a view to maximising its efficiency and providing a service that our customers require and this will be dependent on available resources. At the minute we will not be putting an extra bus on this service as we don't have the resources to do so" and yet Dublin Bus have today release details of their revised Nitelink services and in some areas such as Swords, Malahide, Tallaght, Dalkey etc; are getting additional services.
    :mad:
    I'll be getting back on to my TDs/Cllrs again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Look again.

The nitelink services have all been cut back.

That's aside from the basic question of how could you possibly look compare Nitelink with services at the peak period?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jelly4

I got this reply from Dublin bus regarding the 8am 33x from Lusk.

Dear Ms XXX

Regarding the 08:00 33x.

We have spent months looking at the 33x issues. We simply can do nothing to improve the service at the minute.

The problem you experienced on the 08:00 33x is no more acceptable to us than it is to you.

:eek: What a joke!

• Advertisement

Hahaha you've got to be kidding me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jelly4

No, unfortunately not. I wouldn't mind but my email warned of accidents, severe injury and death and then I got that as a reply!!

I have just given up on the 8 bus and get the 8.30. Its still packed but not as bad. I'm late for work every single morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That is just laughable! (If it weren't so serious.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

jelly4 wrote: »
    I got this reply from Dublin bus regarding the 8am 33x from Lusk.

Dear Ms XXX

Regarding the 08:00 33x.

We have spent months looking at the 33x issues. We simply can do nothing to improve the service at the minute.

The problem you experienced on the 08:00 33x is no more acceptable to us than it is to you.

:eek: What a joke!

A joke is putting it mildly. Why dont you contact R.T.E Morning Ireland, drivetime programme and or Liveline. If the bus was stopped by Gardái with people standing up on a motorway would the driver get points on his license? I know where I work we are responsible for every aspect of Van, lights, passengers (I can carry passengers in my van) seat belts, mirrors, parking fines and control of speed. All penalties and fines are the drivers.
    jelly4 wrote: »
    No, unfortunately not. I wouldn't mind but my email warned of accidents, severe injury and death and then I got that as a reply!!

I have just given up on the 8 bus and get the 8.30. Its still packed but not as bad. I'm late for work every single morning though.

Eh what does your boss say if you are late every morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That reply reads to me as:
    Yes we know it's a shambles at the moment, we want to fix it, but the money just ain't there

Sometimes plain English is the way to go, if something looks like a shovel there's no sense in making up all sorts of fancy terms to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Getting really pissed off with the 'new' bus driver for the 8:15 33x in rush, for the past two weeks he has been driving this 33x and is ALWAYS late( arriving at 8:30) and drives so slow into town.

What is the story with him, the other drivers on the earlier 33x runs are brilliant and arrives mostly on time and belt in into town in a half hour.

Looks like I'm not the only one to think this as there is less and less people getting this bus now, they must be getting the earlier 33x buses.

Anyone else pissed with this new driver?

Also, I feel terrible for the amount of people getting this bus in Lusk, we really need at least one extra 33x in the morning times.

yes he is useless, and I also hate the way he never pulls up to the stop correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Getting really pissed off with the 'new' bus driver for the 8:15 33x in rush, for the past two weeks he has been driving this 33x and is ALWAYS late( arriving at 8:30) and drives so slow into town.

What is the story with him, the other drivers on the earlier 33x runs are brilliant and arrives mostly on time and belt in into town in a half hour.

Looks like I'm not the only one to think this as there is less and less people getting this bus now, they must be getting the earlier 33x buses.

Also, I feel terrible for the amount of people getting this bus in Lusk, we really need at least one extra 33x in the morning times.
    kingtiger wrote: »
    yes he is useless, and I also hate the way he never pulls up to the stop correctly

Does the other driver go fast? Break the speed limit? With 60 - 80 passengers on board.
    I have never had to get that bus but I know from where I work Any driver who drives for any state or semi state company is responsible for keeping their license "Clean". If they got clocked doing 10 or 20km over the speed limit its money out of his pocket and points on his license.

The real issue is their are not enough buses on the service and this is where the complaints should be targeted. To take some pressure off the service should their not be a 33x direct from Skerries Via Loughshinny/Baldungan stopping up by the village stores. And then a 33x from St. Catherines via Rush and Murray's Pub in Lusk.

Like a lot of other services which the public depend on all we are getting is cuts and very little will to change it.

Again on your reply I would take this to your local reps, T.Ds and Cllrs and see what pressure they can put on.

LeoB wrote: »
    Does the other driver go fast? Break the speed limit? With 60 - 80 passengers on board.
    I have never had to get that bus but I know from where I work Any driver who drives for any state or semi state company is responsible for keeping their license "Clean". If they got clocked doing 10 or 20km over the speed limit its money out of his pocket and points on his license.

no hes just a bad bus driver, he doesn't see how the traffic is moving and adjust his position on the road to keep the bus on-time avoiding unnecessary delay,

nothing to do with speeding, all to do with cop-on

• Advertisement

I was on this 33x (dep Skerries 0800 on Friday), it arrived at my stop 5 minutes later than normal, but Fridays are usually less busy so delay was less than normal.

Advertisement