Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

33x Bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Hahaha you've got to be kidding me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jelly4

No, unfortunately not. I wouldn't mind but my email warned of accidents, severe injury and death and then I got that as a reply!!

I have just given up on the 8 bus and get the 8.30. Its still packed but not as bad. I'm late for work every single morning though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That is just laughable! (If it weren't so serious.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

jelly4 wrote: »
    I got this reply from Dublin bus regarding the 8am 33x from Lusk.

Dear Ms XXX

Regarding the 08:00 33x.

We have spent months looking at the 33x issues. We simply can do nothing to improve the service at the minute.

The problem you experienced on the 08:00 33x is no more acceptable to us than it is to you.

:eek: What a joke!

A joke is putting it mildly. Why dont you contact R.T.E Morning Ireland, drivetime programme and or Liveline. If the bus was stopped by Gardái with people standing up on a motorway would the driver get points on his license? I know where I work we are responsible for every aspect of Van, lights, passengers (I can carry passengers in my van) seat belts, mirrors, parking fines and control of speed. All penalties and fines are the drivers.
    jelly4 wrote: »
    No, unfortunately not. I wouldn't mind but my email warned of accidents, severe injury and death and then I got that as a reply!!

I have just given up on the 8 bus and get the 8.30. Its still packed but not as bad. I'm late for work every single morning though.

Eh what does your boss say if you are late every morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That reply reads to me as:
    Yes we know it's a shambles at the moment, we want to fix it, but the money just ain't there

Sometimes plain English is the way to go, if something looks like a shovel there's no sense in making up all sorts of fancy terms to describe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Getting really pissed off with the 'new' bus driver for the 8:15 33x in rush, for the past two weeks he has been driving this 33x and is ALWAYS late( arriving at 8:30) and drives so slow into town.

What is the story with him, the other drivers on the earlier 33x runs are brilliant and arrives mostly on time and belt in into town in a half hour.

Looks like I'm not the only one to think this as there is less and less people getting this bus now, they must be getting the earlier 33x buses.

Anyone else pissed with this new driver?

Also, I feel terrible for the amount of people getting this bus in Lusk, we really need at least one extra 33x in the morning times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

yes he is useless, and I also hate the way he never pulls up to the stop correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Getting really pissed off with the 'new' bus driver for the 8:15 33x in rush, for the past two weeks he has been driving this 33x and is ALWAYS late( arriving at 8:30) and drives so slow into town.

What is the story with him, the other drivers on the earlier 33x runs are brilliant and arrives mostly on time and belt in into town in a half hour.

Looks like I'm not the only one to think this as there is less and less people getting this bus now, they must be getting the earlier 33x buses.

Also, I feel terrible for the amount of people getting this bus in Lusk, we really need at least one extra 33x in the morning times.
    kingtiger wrote: »
    yes he is useless, and I also hate the way he never pulls up to the stop correctly

Does the other driver go fast? Break the speed limit? With 60 - 80 passengers on board.
    I have never had to get that bus but I know from where I work Any driver who drives for any state or semi state company is responsible for keeping their license "Clean". If they got clocked doing 10 or 20km over the speed limit its money out of his pocket and points on his license.

The real issue is their are not enough buses on the service and this is where the complaints should be targeted. To take some pressure off the service should their not be a 33x direct from Skerries Via Loughshinny/Baldungan stopping up by the village stores. And then a 33x from St. Catherines via Rush and Murray's Pub in Lusk.

Like a lot of other services which the public depend on all we are getting is cuts and very little will to change it.

Again on your reply I would take this to your local reps, T.Ds and Cllrs and see what pressure they can put on.

LeoB wrote: »
    Does the other driver go fast? Break the speed limit? With 60 - 80 passengers on board.
    I have never had to get that bus but I know from where I work Any driver who drives for any state or semi state company is responsible for keeping their license "Clean". If they got clocked doing 10 or 20km over the speed limit its money out of his pocket and points on his license.

no hes just a bad bus driver, he doesn't see how the traffic is moving and adjust his position on the road to keep the bus on-time avoiding unnecessary delay,

nothing to do with speeding, all to do with cop-on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I was on this 33x (dep Skerries 0800 on Friday), it arrived at my stop 5 minutes later than normal, but Fridays are usually less busy so delay was less than normal.

anyone know why the 8:30 33x from Lusk was packed this morning?

Jaysus that was a terrible morning on the 33x, the one before aparently never showed up so the 8.30 was so over full it didnt pick anyone up in Lusk.

Phew, I was going to get the 8am from Lusk but managed to get my ass out of bed for the 7.30am bus

Haha, lucky is right, think it may be time to get one of the earlier 33x's in the morning now, lots of probs with the 8.30 one as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

I was on the 33x that departs Lusk at 07.00 this morning.
    Over the last few weeks it has steadily gotten busier,
    all the seats were take, this is the first time i have seen this so early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

For what it's worth, I've noticed the same with the trains. Over the last 10 days or so they've gotten busier and busier. Students moving nearer to their exams and getting a bit anxious? That's my theory anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A 33X broke down this morning, but fortunately it was after we were clear of the Port Tunnel. All worked out in the end. :)

The first 33x never came this morning and the second one arrive in lusk full, didnt even stop at the last two stops. There was about 35 people left waiting in lusk
    24 people standing on the bus into townwhile on the motorway very safe
    This service is getting worse

8am departure from Lusk packed to the gills and it being one of the VTs there was probably 110 people on the bus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, it was a disappointing service this morning. Not helped by the fact that the real time info screen was out of whack altogether.

• Advertisement

Sorry to bump...
    Yeah, it was a disappointing service this morning. Not helped by the fact that the real time info screen was out of whack altogether.

Got the 8.15 33X in rush this morning, except it wasnt on the RT app at all at 8.15, I waited untill 8.30 and it arrived. I thought it was gone as it never showed up on the app at all and I was about to get a taxi to the train station :mad:!

This has happened a good few times now over the past few weeks (without the rain like this morning).

Also, when I get the 33X home at 4.15pm or 5pm why is it that it is always sitting there ten mins before leaving, but, the main one everyone gets at 5.30 is never on time and is a nightmare to just get on the thing. Shouldn't the 5.30 33X be at the bus stop at 5.20 as it is the first stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 17:30 33x operates an inbound 33 service beforehand. The other buses are coming directly from the garage.

That's funny, cause the 5.30 is sitting here right now. Different driver than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's been brutal in the mornings again lately.... Seems if you live in Lusk you're going to be standing if you get either of the two busiest ones.

It's been brutal in the mornings again lately.... Seems if you live in Lusk you're going to be standing if you get either of the two busiest ones.
    I got the 8.30am from Lusk this morning and there were people standing downstairs despite the fact that there were loads of seats upstairs.

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 17:30 33x operates an inbound 33 service beforehand. The other buses are coming directly from the garage.

funny that its usually the same driver that is always late to the first stop at 17:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

kingtiger wrote: »
    funny that its usually the same driver that is always late to the first stop at 17:30

The 17:30 bus is a curse to get on in the evenings. There's neither shape nor make to the queuing system and the crowd just heaves when the bus pulls up.
    I am one of (at least) 2 pregnant women getting this bus and while I don't expect red carpet treatment, I do at the very least expect that I can board the bus safely (without being shoved) particularly if I am at the front when the bus pulls up. With a bit of consideration we will all get on the bus and get home safely :)

Good luck with that Always number 1, the concept of queueing in this country is non-existent. I get on at the 2nd stop (right outside my office) for that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm not being funny but can I ask why you fine folk are taking the 33x? Back when I first moved to Balbriggan I took it once or twice and found it wasn't a viable way to commute to the city centre. The train is a wonderful way to get into town and I can't imagine ever having to take the bus again.

I'm not being funny but can I ask why you fine folk are taking the 33x? Back when I first moved to Balbriggan I took it once or twice and found it wasn't a viable way to commute to the city centre. The train is a wonderful way to get into town and I can't imagine ever having to take the bus again.

Not everyone lives in balbriggan or Skerries where the train station is in the town centre, rush and Lusk station is a nightmare to get to if no car so the 33x works out better.

• Advertisement

Door to door service in roughly 40 minutes, no brainer for me.

The principal market for the 33x is Lusk, Rush and secondary is Skerries, with Balbriggan being a final option.

For many Lusk/Rush residents the pluses of the bus are - it's fast and it picks up/drops them adjacent to their homes rather than to a station that requires you to drive to and from and incur parking charges.

In many cases people can also get a seat, unlike the train.

Neither the 33 nor the 33x are designed for Balbriggan residents to travel to/from Dublin - they are for local traffic to/from Skerries, Rush and Lusk.

Balbriggan has the 101 and the train.

Not everyone lives in balbriggan or Skerries where the train station is in the town centre, rush and Lusk station is a nightmare to get to if no car so the 33x works out better.

No of course not but I think if I was a little further out (and we could very well be if the missus has her way) I'd still cycle to the station to catch the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... I'd still cycle to the station to catch the train.
    Why not cycle to Dublin and save on travel costs, be fit and healthy, keep to your own timetable and be guaranteed a seat. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

The 17:30 bus is a curse to get on in the evenings. There's neither shape nor make to the queuing system and the crowd just heaves when the bus pulls up.

The 18:00 is similar - a large semi-circle of passengers spreads outwards from the stop and then coalesces into a scrum when the bus pulls in. There are no inspectors around to make those who don't queue properly allow those who have been waiting the longest to get on first. I always queue behind the stop facing the oncoming bus. It does not help when some drivers pull up a distance from the stop either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

It's cheaper
    It's faster
    It goes to grafton st
    You get a seat
    You are very unlikely to fall into the sea because Dublin bus ignored maintenance or sea scouts telling them their bridge is banjaxed

Why not cycle to Dublin and save on travel costs, be fit and healthy, keep to your own timetable and be guaranteed a seat. ;)

I used to sir- in my previous employment but the job I have now commands too much attention and energy.

You are very unlikely to fall into the sea because Dublin bus ignored maintenance or sea scouts telling them their bridge is banjaxed

Hahahaha

Bualadh bos mór

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

No of course not but I think if I was a little further out (and we could very well be if the missus has her way) I'd still cycle to the station to catch the train.
    Unless I drive (and pay €3 for parking) or get the bus (and pay €2.40 each way) I have no way of getting to the station - the roads from Rush village to the station are horrendous (aside from the fact I'm 7 months pregnant ;)) and that's before getting on board a packed train with no available seats.

Aside from the fact that the roads from Rush village to the M1 off ramp at Donabate are by and large horrendous, there's the whole legal issue of cycling on a motorway.

At least I have 6 months off coming up - hopefully the new fare increases will mean an increase in service provision (or failing that I can get a lift into work with the flying pig!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Aside from the fact that the roads from Rush village to the M1 off ramp at Donabate are by and large horrendous, there's the whole legal issue of cycling on a motorway.
    Have you never heard of the R132? (i.e. to Dublin via Santry like in the pre-motorway days.)

If you think the road from Rush to the M1 is 'horrendous' you must not have travelled much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

Can anybody tell me what time the 6.30 depature from skerries arrives opp Kellys garage and what is the likelyhood of a seat.

kaiserjim wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me what time the 6.30 depature from skerries arrives opp Kellys garage and what is the likelyhood of a seat.

From 06.56 on a good morning to 07.05 on a bad wet morning
    I have always got a seat on this service.

6pm 33X was packed this evening.

6pm 33X was packed this evening.

Was it one of the bigger buses?

New enough, not one with a second set of doors, though.

• Advertisement

They should really be using the VT (three axle) buses on every 33X in the morning and evening. Have lost count of the number of times I've sent an email to Dublin Bus requesting this.

dcr22B wrote: »
    They should really be using the VT (three axle) buses on every 33X in the morning and evening. Have lost count of the number of times I've sent an email to Dublin Bus requesting this.

Has it occurred to you that:
    1) There are a limited number of VTs
    2) That they're needed elsewhere too

There are no spare VTs sitting in depots - they are all out on the road in the morning peak.

Has it occurred to you that:
    1) There are a limited number of VTs
    2) That they're needed elsewhere too

There are no spare VTs sitting in depots - they are all out on the road in the morning peak.
    Of course it has occurred to me especially on the occasions that I have sat on numerous half empty VT 46As travelling from my in laws in rush hour when I am staying out in Dun Laoghaire.

It especially infuriates me when I am left standing waiting for another 30m when a full to the rafters AV comes around the corner.

dcr22B wrote: »
    Of course it has occurred to me especially on the occasions that I have sat on numerous half empty VT 46As travelling from my in laws in rush hour when I am staying out in Dun Laoghaire.

It especially infuriates me when I am left standing waiting for another 30m when a full to the rafters AV comes around the corner.

I very much doubt that any VT is half empty inbound on the Stillorgan QBC in the morning peak. It is certainly not the case from my observations. In fact, people in Stillorgan and in Cabinteely were complaining recently in C & T about not being able to get onto buses in the morning as they were all full.

There are no spare buses floating around - that is the reality. If you get them, somewhere else has to suffer.

I very much doubt that any VT is half empty inbound on the Stillorgan QBC in the morning peak.

There are no spare buses floating around - that is the reality. If you get them, somewhere else has to suffer.
    It has happened albeit moreso when the colleges have been on their summer break.

I fully accept that there are few spare buses around the place but that's no excuse to have a service that can't cater for capacity when the demand is there for it. Instead Dublin Bus have the cheek to increase their prices.

On a separate note, I wonder is it legal for Dublin Bus to be running buses on the M1 through the Port Tunnel wedged full with passengers standing??

• Advertisement
Advertisement