Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Bia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Aravo

My Bord Bia QA is out in Oct 2020. Is it usually about 3months prior to this that people are getting the audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Aravo wrote: »
    My Bord Bia QA is out in Oct 2020. Is it usually about 3months prior to this that people are getting the audit.

Inspections are roughly about 3 months beforehand but the inspection date can be discussed with the inspector. Once passed your certification will run for 18 months from October 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

PAC time for this quango. Every detail of their work and finances should be 100% transparent. Something going on there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

In the era of good governance especially in this case a public body it is not acceptable. When you have a public body not willing to be transparent how can we expect any transparency from other stakeholders in the beef chain.

Why would anyone allow transparency of how they run their business, some factories don't even allow you take photographs.
    Time for a reality check methinks.
    As for Bord Bia, they should be transparent bur if not they'll only be investigated by another Public service and the public money will be wasted and the public no further on.
    Another reality check needed.
    Hopefully the factories are pumping extra money in to Bord bia, it must be a huge saving on their marketing costs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

wrangler wrote: »
    Why would anyone allow transparency of how they run their business, some factories don't even allow you take photographs.
    As for Bord Bia, they should be transparent bur if not they'll only be investigated by another Public service and the public money will be wasted and the public no further on.
    Hopefully the factories are pumping extra money in to Bord bia, it must be a huge saving on their marketing costs

I'd say the factories see BB as their marketing department

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

ganmo wrote: »
    I'd say the factories see BB as their marketing department

and ours too

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

wrangler wrote: »

Bord Bia have committed to the following.
    "State bodies must serve the interests of the taxpayer, pursue value for money in their endeavours (including managing risk appropriately), and act transparently as public entities. Bord Bia is committed to maintaining the highest standards of Corporate Governance and Best Practice"

All the taxpayer should demand is adherence to this. When you get a state body not being transparent then you have an issue, what are they hiding? They just need to be pulled up on this, it is not acceptable to have a state body getting public money and not adhering to the standards expected of them(they aren't even adhering to what they set out for themselves). I certainly would pull them up in front of the Dáil Committee and ask the question, there can be no secrets within publicly funded bodies, end of. What goes unchecked festers.

Did anyone who had their bord bia audit due in late March and then postponed. Any recent contact from bord bia on what's happening. I think I'm out in Sept 2020 and usually have audit about 3mths before so under normal circumstances one would likely crop up next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Did anyone who had their bord bia audit due in late March and then postponed. Any recent contact from bord bia on what's happening. I think I'm out in Sept 2020 and usually have audit about 3mths before so under normal circumstances one would likely crop up next month.
    Letter came yesterday they starting up again but it’s all over the phone , u must take photos of sheds , bales , waste plastic etc and forward

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

I am awaiting my first audit which will be a remote one. Have uploaded all the images all ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Gman1987

Did my one the other day over the phone, they give you a list of things they want photos of, you need to complete the sustainability survey and have your health and safety risk assessment completed. They will then go down through all on the phone. Relatively straight forward.

Gman1987 wrote: »
    Did my one the other day over the phone, they give you a list of things they want photos of, you need to complete the sustainability survey and have your health and safety risk assessment completed. They will then go down through all on the phone. Relatively straight forward.

What did you have to do in terms of animal remedies.

And if anyone is thinking of photographing there neighbours newly powerhosed slatted shed, or penning area it's likely that photographs will be checked for geotags etc.

And if anyone is thinking of photographing there neighbours newly powerhosed slatted shed, or penning area it's likely that photographs will be checked for geotags etc.

Doubt it. Most people have their locations switched off for camera.

I just got the call for the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

mine is up on the 14th june and all i got was a letter about a remote audit..i tried to upload the link given in the letter but an error comes up??

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Gman1987

A photo of your purchase records and a photo of your usage records is all I needed. I have them all on an excel file so I just sent a photo of that.

270WIN wrote: »
    mine is up on the 14th june and all i got was a letter about a remote audit..i tried to upload the link given in the letter but an error comes up??

The link is a pain. You prob have a tiny typo. Took me a while.

Gman1987 wrote: »
    A photo of your purchase records and a photo of your usage records is all I needed. I have them all on an excel file so I just sent a photo of that.

Plus a photo of where you store them.

893bet wrote: »
    Doubt it. Most people have their locations switched off for camera.

I just got the call for the morning!

As a matter of interest, when was your audit due

As a matter of interest, when was your audit due

First audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

If all the pages for Foodstuff Purchases are full in the book is it of to just print off a spreadsheet to keep the records

• Advertisement

First audit.

Pass at 94 percent. What is the pass percentage required?

Got letter in the last week about the bord bia audit. How is the remote audit compared with the site visit. Is there less to prepare compared with the site visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got letter in the last week about the bord bia audit. How is the remote audit compared with the site visit. Is there less to prepare compared with the site visit.

Found the remote audit alot easier .

Piece of piss. Give you a list of photos and you upload them, then discuss over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

First audit.

How soon after applying did you get the first audit?

Piece of piss. Give you a list of photos and you upload them, then discuss over the phone.

As always animal remedy usage records will be the key doc.

hopeso wrote: »
    How soon after applying did you get the first audit?

Within the month if I recall.

As always animal remedy usage records will be the key doc.

He has an issue with mine as I err on the side of caution for withdrawal by adding a single day to every withdrawal period......to be safe.....took it off as it was easy to say yes sir. Overall fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What would he/she do on Organic where the withdrawal is twice or three times the standard? Just showing he/she did the job.
    I think someone posted that the online is valid for 12 months and the visit is valid for 18 months. Will sign up in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

I applied to become a member of Bord Bia SBLAS in order to qualify for the Beef Finisher Payment. The conditions state that you must commit to becoming a member of SBLAS prior to Sept. 30th. Does this mean that I must apply before Sept. 30th, or actually have passed an audit before that date? I got a call about my upcoming audit, but it won't happen until early October.....

Advertisement