Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Bia

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

hopeso wrote: »
    I applied to become a member of Bord Bia SBLAS in order to qualify for the Beef Finisher Payment. The conditions state that you must commit to becoming a member of SBLAS prior to Sept. 30th. Does this mean that I must apply before Sept. 30th, or actually have passed an audit before that date? I got a call about my upcoming audit, but it won't happen until early October.....

I would read commit to as apply

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

Aravo wrote: »
    Got letter in the last week about the bord bia audit. How is the remote audit compared with the site visit. Is there less to prepare compared with the site visit.

I see that I have to do an online bit and I have pin number to log in. Do I need any photographs for this. Also, have I to complete this questionnaire first and then I get a call. Or will I get a call from the inspector in the coming day's either way

• Registered Users Posts: 29,103 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Log in and you will get a list of what's required. You should have gotten a call from whoever is going to do your audit. You normally get 2 weeks notice and all information should be uploaded 72 hours before the phone inspection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

What qualifies as eye wash in the first aid box? I had a quick look in tesco the other day, but all they seemed to have was small bottles with a sprayer on the top....Do I need to get the one with the eye bath, or do these even exist now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,103 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I bought a first aid kit on line that had eyewash in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

hopeso wrote: »
    What qualifies as eye wash in the first aid box? I had a quick look in tesco the other day, but all they seemed to have was small bottles with a sprayer on the top....Do I need to get the one with the eye bath, or do these even exist now?

https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/reliance-medical-saline-eyewash-pods-plastic-transparent-25-pieces-of-20-ml-p-1124422?cm_mmc=Google-_-PLA_GEN_GOOGLE-SHOPPING_cleaning_and_catering_GOSC-_-cleaning_and_catering-_-1124422&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqrb7BRDlARIsACwGad74tUbEoLRbAhTuiUzEvf_HR5W72wzBAi7orHIIJiLJuZIB2e3C1FYaAkSTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

These will do, any local chemist/pharmacy will have them. Check the expiry date on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭minerleague

ganmo wrote: »
    Optrex or own brand ones should be in your local chemist

Have an empty box of this in first aid box :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Bord bia cert is up in December ,will it be possible to do the inspection on farm with level 5 restrictions .Will the dept. of ag. still be able to do inspections or is all this essential

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭893bet

cute geoge wrote: »
    Bord bia cert is up in December ,will it be possible to do the inspection on farm with level 5 restrictions .Will the dept. of ag. still be able to do inspections or is all this essential

Audit will be an online one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭50HX

And it's much faster an easier, have your stuff done, takes lbotos & upload before phonecall

Couldn't fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

cute geoge wrote: »

Imagine it will be online at that stage.

Pretty simple really and probably better than on farm as you just have to upload photo of 1 page(I think) from each relevant record book( flock register,animal feed,remedy book,safety statement animal health plan; plus the usual; feed store,animal handling,first aid kit,medicine storage all 1/2 photos of each.
    Done it here in August for sheep.Cattle one different (don't ask!!!)

Had most done although a couple of photos didn't load properly so redone them the following day.Phone call about 10/15 mins at most.Same old/same old re questions ie where you sell stock,breed and/or buy in replacements,what if any vaccinations used,FEC used yes or no,weigh stock before sale,any home saved cereals used
    Think that about covers it.Basic yes/no questions that have in a few cases a "correct" answer.

Keep things simple re the questionaire you fill out pre phone call.
    As a hypothetical scenario if you seem to have "mislaid" the silage wrap scrappage charge receipt ,keep it honest and mention that its hay and straw only used.

My belief rightly or wrongly is ;make it easy for the auditor and tell him what he needs to hear,not that its a load of codswallop,what the f@@k is the relevance of this or that or your religious beliefs don't allow you to keep written records etc etc .

Advertisement