Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TAMS II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Hi
    I read it ...its also outlined below
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/maximum-flexibility-given-on-income-limits-for-national-reserve-minister/

... it says national reserve alright guys..but are u thinking I might be able to get a 40% grant for a slat shed?... I can find loads about the 60% grant conditions which seem clear but I'm not so sure now on the 40% grant terms and conditions....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Muckit wrote: »
    The way regs are coming in for spraying etc, don't you know it's only a matter of time before the splash plate will be not allowed and dribble and injection systems will be compulsory.

Good point Muckit, I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm open to correction by people better up on the environment but my understanding is in order to reduce our national carbon footprint the initial suggestions to Ireland included reducing LU of cattle in particular. Of course we argued no way but in order to continue with that argument we have to farm in as environmentally friendly fashion as possible i.e. reduce and ultimately ban practices such as spreading slurry with a splash plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

MikeSoys wrote: »
    Hi
    I read it ...its also outlined below
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/maximum-flexibility-given-on-income-limits-for-national-reserve-minister/

... it says national reserve alright guys..but are u thinking I might be able to get a 40% grant for a slat shed?... I can find loads about the 60% grant conditions which seem clear but I'm not so sure now on the 40% grant terms and conditions....

I think you should put in a BPS application anyway as you might get 0% this year, something like 10% next year moving up to a set % of the average entitlement by year 5. Not sure on this because it doesn't apply to me but I'd advise getting the application in anyway online tonight by midnight. Regardless of the 0% you get you might need to have applied to get other grants? Also even if you get 0% you might be entitled to the ANC which replaces the disadvantaged area scheme.

YOu in suckling? Department seem keen to get folks into the new beef genomics and data scheme (I think that's what it's called). I hear lads complaining about it but to be honest I don't think the 6 conditions are that onerous and are what we should be aiming for anyway.

With all due respect you've left research on the topic very very late.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

hi thanks for the info.
    i did apply [online] for the BPS application back in April. just into finishing beef...at the moment anyway...

i also applied for the National Reserve & Young Farmers Scheme around the same time...so i suppose time will tell if i'll get this grant for me slat shed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

I rang today and they told me I am outside the time limit even though I am eligible to get one year of the young farmer top up, very disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Same as that, I'm out by a year. Really pissed about it to be honest as they always seem to have some reason why I can't avail of these schemes.
    Failed to get into Aeos
    Failed to get a sfp from national reserve
    Never fail to have 1 or 2 go down with TB every year

At this stage I'm thinking that this scheme reaks of age discrimination

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Corkfarmer

In the terms and conditions it says you need full planning permission when submitting your application. Planning takes a minimum of 3 months and the scheme is just open for 3 months. Surely you can submit the planning after that date?

I just noticed this article on agriland, pity it always has to be such a struggle before common sense and fairness hopefully wins out. Ó Cuív calls for reserved places for young farmers under general TAMS scheme
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/o-cuiv-calls-for-reserved-places-for-young-farmers-under-general-tams-scheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Corkfarmer wrote: »
    In the terms and conditions it says you need full planning permission when submitting your application. Planning takes a minimum of 3 months and the scheme is just open for 3 months. Surely you can submit the planning after that date?

Can anyone answer this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

My understanding of it is that if planning is required for your proposed works and you haven't applied yet then you are snookered. On a search recently I read an article on Agriland I think, published late last year advising young farmers to start applying for planning permission as it would be required. If the proposed works is in fact exempt from planning, a declaration of exemption is required from the council, this takes 6 to 8 weeks in my area I'm told. (edit: 4 weeks for a declaration but they can ask for a clarification which would delay things, just spoke to the planning dept.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

Sami23 wrote: »
    Can anyone answer this ?

where is September mentioned??, I have printed the T&C and section 1.4 says "scheme will come into operation as and from 28th May 2015 and will be closed for receipt of applications on 31st December 2020"

am i missing something else were it says september?!...

I can't find it on the terms and conditions either, 31st Dec 2020 is on that. I phoned the helpline and they confirmed that Tranche 1 of the scheme closes on the 28th of August 2015, Tranche 2 will open on the 31st of August I think etc. Why it is split up I am not sure, I assume there is some admin reason. Sorry if I panicked anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Is tams2 open to all farmers now or just young farmers under 40

Young farmers. The lady I spoke to this morning said it is expected to open to all farmers in July. She didn't seem certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Anyone got a price on a new dribble bar for a 2k gallon tank? Proving hard to get a price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

conseng wrote: »
    I can't find it on the terms and conditions either, 31st Dec 2020 is on that. I phoned the helpline and they confirmed that Tranche 1 of the scheme closes on the 28th of August 2015, Tranche 2 will open on the 31st of August I think etc. Why it is split up I am not sure, I assume there is some admin reason. Sorry if I panicked anyone.

This tranche is closing on the 18th of September. Trying to get planning in the next two weeks. Should just about make it if planning takes 6 weeks or so. Don't know but i'd imagine that tranche 2 will not open until next June again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

Once get application in before sept and say get approved, is there a time frame that the work must be completed within?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

This tranche is closing on the 18th of September. Trying to get planning in the next two weeks. Should just about make it if planning takes 6 weeks or so. Don't know but i'd imagine that tranche 2 will not open until next June again.

The system still isn't up anyways it seems. I get this message:

"There is an issue with your details in the Department's Corporate Customer System. Please contact the Department."

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

westlander wrote: »
    The system still isn't up anyways it seems. I get this message:

"There is an issue with your details in the Department's Corporate Customer System. Please contact the Department."

I'll worry about that after the planning!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

Anyone take a guess at the cost of steel timber and sheeting for a 3 span shed, have an old dungstead with the concrete floor in good condition, would it be doable to dig holes in floor and put up steel pillars and take it from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Are silage slabs covered under the new grant?

Are silage slabs covered under the new grant?

No there is no grant for silage slabs, I was hoping they would be on the list too

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

agriman27 wrote: »
    No there is no grant for silage slabs, I was hoping they would be on the list too
    Where can you see the list?

Where can you see the list?

The list was in the journal a few weeks ago but I'd say it is on the dept of agri website or maybe the journal website

I believe you can claim back VAT paid on a new farm building through the VAT 58 form but I'm wondering would this be on the full price or the amount you pay after grant aid.
    E.g. say shed costs 20,000 in total and you get 8,000 of a grant do you claim back Vat on the 12,000 you actually end up paying or the full 20,000 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I believe you can claim back VAT paid on a new farm building through the VAT 58 form but I'm wondering would this be on the full price or the amount you pay after grant aid.
    E.g. say shed costs 20,000 in total and you get 8,000 of a grant do you claim back Vat on the 12,000 you actually end up paying or the full 20,000 ?
    The vat is on the purchase price, the grant is mostly paid on price before vat is added.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

20000 full price means ex vat cost of 16260(@23% vat)

grant figure would be 6504(40% of 16260)

vat rebate would be 3740 (20000 - 16260)

Gonna put up a simple 2-Bay Slatted shed under the YFCIS but need planning permission.
    Am I too late now as the current tranche is due to close on March 25th or would I be ok to go ahead ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Gonna put up a simple 2-Bay Slatted shed under the YFCIS but need planning permission.
    Am I too late now as the current tranche is due to close on March 25th or would I be ok to go ahead ?
    Thanks

A planning application timeline usually works something like this:

Prepare application, time varies, say 2 weeks (optimistic). Submit application, they must reply in 8 weeks. If they give intention to grant notice you must then wait 4 weeks more for the final grant, giving a best case total of 14 weeks from starting the process. (14th of April)

That doesn't allow for a further information request in the middle of the process which happens more happen than not, and usually adds 6 weeks plus.

Advertisement