Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

vectra wrote: »
    OK
    Hosted some pics elsewhere.
    Can the members that could not view them please check again?

Pics in original post visible now. Thanks, and well wear.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought they would have been standard given you have an electric seat - but at €75 you might as well splash out, bit like remote locking on a Fiesta for €60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I thought they would have been standard given you have an electric seat - but at €75 you might as well splash out, bit like remote locking on a Fiesta for €60.

Exactly.
    €75.
    Cant complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Mondeo looks super vectra. Well worth the extra few thousand to get the spec right.

Uncle picked up his 172 Mondeo the other day, 2.0 Titanium, still lacks a lot of the nice bits you have on yours. His 4th mondeo since 151...... if he spent the few bob extra and get one with all the bells and whistles it'd stand to him better... but no the reg comes first :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

His 4th mondeo since 151

He must have got a car in either 152, 162 or 172 as well, meaning he bought a new car within six months :pac: Ah, fair play to him -bet he gets a Christmas card from the dealer :D

Yep
    151 - 1.6 Zetec Black
    161 - Newer 1.5 Titanium Greyish colour (not up to date on the exact colours)
    162 - In fairness they changed to a 2.0 titanium (same grey colour)
    172 - exact same as 162..... barely even noticed the difference when it arrived and I'm very eagle eyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

166man wrote: »
    We may have had disagreements Vectra but seriously that Mondeo is lovely.

They're a really nice car - had a few long terms rentals in the USA. Great cruisers and they handle very well. I like the interiors in them - very functional but feels well put together.

They're a good looking car too. Best of luck with it. :)

No disagreements.
    All good banter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Trying to sell my focus and replace it with a focus..... ST :D Would there be much of a difference in insurance? over 25 full licence bla bla bla

anyway if anyone has tips on how to sell it feel free to help me out :D Been up 2 weeks and not 1 phone call.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus/16197318

18528058_10158674653695123_8305241083469777639_n.jpg?oh=428f227f9665556c9d7e8dfa494022d9&oe=5A320C3B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

A ST will be some difference in performance between that Focus and the ST.

I know, but with the premium Im paying currently there cant be much of a difference. I'm no stranger to a bit of oomph! Just the circumstances put me in a 1.4 for a while. Bought it because I thought these were easy sell on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

No interior pictures.

Not sure about the price, but if you don't get any phonecalls it might need adjustment.

To put it into perspective a friend bought a 320 petrol BMW with leather seats etc for not much more than your asking (2008 with low tax).

wonski wrote: »
    No interior pictures.

Not sure about the price, but if you don't get any phonecalls it might need adjustment.

To put it into perspective a friend bought a 320 petrol BMW with leather seats etc for not much more than your asking (2008 with low tax).
    Yeah you're right, will be adding interior pics tomorrow hopefully. In comparison with the other face lift focus's i wouldn't think its badly priced. Tested and taxed till Feb/March. Fairly clean for year and mileage, T-Belt done and properly fully serviced and 2 new tyres with the rear being 70%

wonski wrote: »
    No interior pictures.

And adjusted the price only a few hours ago :P It was more before hand because I wasnt pushed to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

brembo26 wrote: »
    And adjusted the price only a few hours ago :P It was more before hand because I wasnt pushed to sell.

Got a 2009 beauty last week for 3600 with 2 year nct and almost a years tax, very similar to yours, will need to be the right side of 4 k to get any real interest :)

rex-x wrote: »
    Got a 2009 beauty last week for 3600 with 2 year nct and almost a years tax, very similar to yours, will need to be the right side of 4 k to get any real interest :)
    Cool, looks like they have taken a slight down turn so in the past while :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Cool, looks like they have taken a slight down turn so in the past while :pac:

They are great cars (I wasn't buying it for me) but the petrol ones are in small demand unfortunately

Luckily im in a position to still buy an ST either way but dont want to have a car laying idle either. Wording wise in the add where do you reckon I can improve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Luckily im in a position to still buy an ST either way but dont want to have a car laying idle either. Wording wise in the add where do you reckon I can improve?

I reckon you should leave out that the timing belt was done by previous owner just says to me you had the car for a short time and are now selling. I know you said in this thread the reason you are selling it but to the potential buyer they might think there is something wrong with the car so you are selling it on.

Cheers, edited job done! It really is an honest car and im trying to be an honest seller :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Strictly speaking the Triton was only mine for the day but the bike is for keeps :)

ZQb007dh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I have found 123 or An Post have been the cheapest to insure the ST the last few years. I have been switching over and back every year nearly. Paying around 600 now that full ncb and im 32 tho. Insurance is not bad on them at all really considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Strictly speaking the Triton was only mine for the day but the bike is for keeps :)

Is is customary or something to have a bike on the back of your truck when you stop at the Whangamomona?
    Just looked it up and found this!!:eek:
    Screenshot_20170814-084855.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

blade1 wrote: »
    Is is customary or something to have a bike on the back of your truck when you stop at the Whangamomona?

Not quite customary but very common. lots of gravel roads and off road trail in the area and the pub would be the central meeting/ drop off point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Yep
    151 - 1.6 Zetec Black
    161 - Newer 1.5 Titanium Greyish colour (not up to date on the exact colours)
    162 - In fairness they changed to a 2.0 titanium (same grey colour)
    172 - exact same as 162..... barely even noticed the difference when it arrived and I'm very eagle eyed!

Let's face it I don't exactly keep cars for too long. But to buy the exact same car in 162 as 172 is just beyond me. Even if I thought my Leon was the best car every I wouldn't go out now and buy a new one of the same as I have, money a side I see no point in doing it. Is a new number plate and a few extra zeros on the odometer really worth that much to people. I suppose though if that's what you are into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

CIP4 wrote: »
    Let's face it I don't exactly keep cars for too long. But to buy the exact same car in 162 as 172 is just beyond me. Even if I thought my Leon was the best car every I wouldn't go out now and buy a new one of the same as I have, money a side I see no point in doing it. Is a new number plate and a few extra zeros on the odometer really worth that much to people. I suppose though if that's what you are into.

I know someone who changes every 6 months! The most interesting deal was in 2008 when he purchased a new 520D and traded it in July for a new M sport in the same colour and then traded that in January 09 for a new Superb! I could never figure out who paid who.....

I certainly couldn't afford it anyway...

Truckermal wrote: »
    I know someone who changes every 6 months! The most interesting deal was in 2008 when he purchased a new 520D and traded it in July for a new M sport in the same colour and then traded that in January 09 for a new Superb! I could never figure out who paid who.....

I certainly couldn't afford it anyway...

Everyone was playing with silly money back then. Is he still doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Maybe they just don't know yet that they can get a new car smell air freshener for a couple of euro.

CIP4 wrote:

Yeah I don't know the idea behind it. Was the same story with the buses from 00 to 08, new ones year after year, trading them in at two years old, probably when the most value had been lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

A well needed gloss enhancement for the 540 to get it into somewhat respectable shape for the VAGE show and shine at the weekend.

EvuMqxdh.jpg

xFUwcE2h.jpg

5I0ZFwSh.jpg

yPKj9hAh.jpg

RsrtpArh.jpg

YwuUmi9h.jpg

VbuLQZQh.jpg

Z3qxBuXh.jpg

AO6V4OMh.jpg

sane0ylh.jpg

34sctALh.jpg

52QQoYXh.jpg

u3ZxjmCh.jpg

CA7gJ1Fh.jpg

So for now that'll have to do for the show and shine and hopefully my Insurance renewal this week won't be the worst and I can start doing a few niggly bits!

Looking good, FN.

Going by the third last pic, do ye not have any go-slow ramps in Cork? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Looks great, whats up with the exhaust though ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Everyone was playing with silly money back then. Is he still doing it?

Yep traded a 171 quashcow for Renault SUV whatever they are called..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep traded a 171 quashcow for Renault SUV whatever they are called..

Codger.

Cheers lads!

Going by the third last pic, do ye not have any go-slow ramps in Cork? :eek:

It's not as low as it looks there, it's on a bit of a gradient there :o
    tossy wrote: »
    whats up with the exhaust though ?

When I got the backbox delete done it was the only set of half decent twin tips they had in stock, they're a staggered pair. Will be replacing them for a pair of 3" Tips after insurance, I hope :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

OSI wrote: »
    Should they not be the other way around?

That was my thinking but that only works if the tips are removable.

Might see the car at fermoy so FN

OSI wrote: »
    Should they not be the other way around?

Those are technically right sided tips but it was the only decent one they had left and it's not the worst but it'll do until I can sort some 3" tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Could they not have put the longer tip towards the centre of the car though? Wouldn't look as odd...

dar83 wrote: »
    Could they not have put the longer tip towards the centre of the car though? Wouldn't look as odd...

No as they're supposed to be a right sided tip :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

No as they're supposed to be a right sided tip :p

But I bet they're also supposed to have a corresponding left sided tip on the other side to make the symmetry look normal, no? :D

You could have started a trend for the reverse slash tip! Now it just looks ghetto. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

My 3 cars..... Black one is the daily; other two are my toys!!! E220 didn't see road this year as I got the SLK for the summer.... I had great expectations for good weather!!!

[IMG][/img]car1.jpg

[IMG][/img]car2.jpg

[IMG][/img]car3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Lovely. Those are really really lovely

Its interesting to compare the interior progression over the generations:

[IMG][/img]car4.jpg

[IMG][/img]car5.jpg

[IMG][/img]car6.jpg

Cheers Duke.... inherited the love for Benz from my Dad.... the black C Class above was his and I inherited it when Dad passed in 2015. Its fairly pristine for its age and the back seats have almost never been sat in.
    Great comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Long time lurker first time poster type deal. Feshty got a wash. Realised after seeing 'vectra's post that low-light, white and Ford works well.
    0Jpo0iL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

First wash and private plates in place

B558A106-F883-4448-BDC6-9EF404751936.jpg

^^^ Nice plates. But, did anyone ask what a Slig was and why everyone should get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

^^^ Nice plates. But, did anyone ask what a Slig was and why everyone should get one?

I've gotten some slagging for it once it was pronounced for the locals

Slideways wrote: »
    I've gotten some slagging for it once it was pronounced for the locals

Sly Cock? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sly Cock? :pac:

Sly gack.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I got this little license loser off of davycc a few days ago. Its really really clean and original but the plan is to clean it up a bit more and do a few bits to it, service etc.

36278934190_f91bbffb23_c.jpg

36628686496_aa60ff5490_c.jpg

36278934830_d0ab19105f_c.jpg

35865479633_ae778d7076_c.jpg