Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    White might be a possibility but I'd put the house on it being red.

Google is better than the search on the site.
    Out what you're looking for eg
    Red focus 141ls1 site:www.boards.ie
    ...into google

What a habit to have though, changing the same car each year for the benefit of a new reg. Is the ford they get basic spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah but ford often do no cost packs that give alloys and fogs and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah but ford often do no cost packs that give alloys and fogs and stuff

Yeah they are a funny bunch. I've an lx Mondeo with all Elec including sun roof and air con only thing missing is leather and cruise control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Yeah they are a funny bunch. I've an lx Mondeo with all Elec including sun roof and air con only thing missing is leather and cruise control

Probably a platinum spec. 07 mk3 ?

Think platinum was based on the Zetec? Wasn't the LX one Steel?

Actually here's a post from 10 years ago.
    R.O.R wrote: »
    Platinum and Steel were run out versions of the old model Mondeo, and it seems to be fairly random as to what those badges were stuck on.

We used to have a Mondeo LX Steel as a runabout car. Pretty sure it was a standard LX with Alloys and Fogs.

Normal line up was
    LX
    Zetec
    Ghia
    Titanium & Titanium X (apparently!)

Steel was €350 over the LX model, so that fits with adding Alloys and Fogs.

I think Platinum was in addition to Zetec and possibly gave a Sunroof.

Zetec over LX was Leather steering wheel and Gearknob, Alloys (also part of Steel pack), lowered sports suspension, body coloured wing mirrors and door handles and rear electric windows. Possibly Cruise and Climate on later models.

Think Ghia gave full leather - it was full leather when they were known as Executive models and the Ghia replaced the Executive.

I'd be surprised if there were many (if any) Titanium or Titanium X models sold in Ireland around that time. Haven't a clue what extra that gave over the Ghia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

For a car from 10 or so years back the mondeo did have many different extras within specs considering its not german, although assembled there.

When i went from the 04 zetec to the 05 Ghia X i got leather, electric passenger seat ( height), wood effect, ESP, rear interior light, cruise control, auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor wipers which i hate and a couple of more small things as well.

Some of the titaniums and ST's even came with built in Denso sat nav systems and heated seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I remember the Mondeo LX had manually operated door mirrors while a similar year Focus and Fiesta had electric heated mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

For a car from 10 or so years back the mondeo did have many different extras within specs considering its not german, although assembled there.

When i went from the 04 zetec to the 05 Ghia X i got leather, electric passenger seat ( height), wood effect, ESP, rear interior light, cruise control, auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor wipers which i hate and a couple of more small things as well.

Some of the titaniums and ST's even came with built in Denso sat nav systems and heated seats.

I had all of the above on my ST bar the wood effect and sat nav. Got half leather, parking sensors and a mfsw too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

bazz26 wrote: »
    I remember the Mondeo LX had manually operated door mirrors while a similar year Focus and Fiesta had electric heated mirrors.

Did it have ABS? I'm still worried by the amount of people knocking around in focus mk1s with no ABS and a liquorice allsorts mix of Chinese ditchfinders.

I did a small job on a focus there recently - it had alloys, electric mirrors.... no ABS. Awesome stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ABS was not mandatory until 2004 but I'd imagine the Mondeo segment had it well before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Another Christmas long haul complete, another barrel of miles (about 650 over 3 days) clocked off, and for the first time ever it wasnt all that unpleasant. The damn Beemer has worn under my skin, made me appreciate comfort, refinement and a sense of wafting about that I've never had. I dont even want to race everyone off the lights, which was competitive in the Pug for at least 60 feet!! The sheer sense of calm is infectious, and who cares if you have to open a savings account for Petrol and tax, the level of class you can get for €1400 has shocked me. That being said, as soon as a 306 GTi comes up for sale I'll likely return to my hooligan roots in a heartbeat hahaha Anyway, alls going in good ship Bavaria. A 45c fuse is still the only thing I've needed to replace in 2 months of ownership, and shes done about 3000 miles in that time. The giggle from turning the traction control off leaving work most days is great, but then you cop that your a one wheel hero. Treated her to to the Christmas Eve tradition of leaving the rest of the family to themselves and going for a blast over some very epic Donegal roads, joining my rogues gallery of previous cars over the past 4 years.

31898738826_d3a4de55d7_c.jpg

31788185742_775dfa4052_c.jpg

31935420335_724f04eda3_c.jpg

31935420995_0abfe874ed_c.jpg

As for the Puglet, well after 2 months sulking in the shed, I took her for a run out to the Ballincollig Vintage C&C last week, and naturally it sulked, threw the toys out and deceided to run lumpy all day. It was the first time in ages I enjoyed driving it though, realising how different it was to everything else, and also the thought that it was a pleasure drive rather than a commute. I came very close to pulling the door off the hinges now that I'm used to a door heavier than its A3 sheet of paper, and I forgot how close to an old living room sofa the seats were compared to the leather buckets in the BMW

15590108_978760465602277_1374848786998272958_n.jpg?oh=89c8430acea1c9b716de739fdce5aa7a&oe=58F75613

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

It was a nice day so I went for a spin around Wicklow, stopped in Powerscourt for a pic :)

IMG_6171_zps1rrvbxct.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

How did the new suspension handle Wicklow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

tossy wrote: »
    How did the new suspension handle Wicklow ?

Very well, its much less crashy and handles uneven surfaces a lot better.
    The dampers seem to work better and soak up more the quicker you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

15727203_1365061753528082_3174332488389154709_n.jpg?oh=8a40dc5e7998a909be0081c4e641a10b&oe=59228C8F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

my new fixerupper.

06 mazda 3 1.4

I think there'll be way less to do to it than the volvo. It was obviously very cheap.

o9s5eZn.jpg?1

The zed looks like a Suzuki Swift from that angle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Meet Sushi, my first non-german car which takes abuse like a champ!

Sacg5g4.jpg

It's a 98 Almera, farmer's spec with 256k on the odo. One owner vehicle which cost less than a decent mountain bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are you living in Poland now?

No, it's just a holiday runabout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

polan wrote: »
    Meet Sushi, my first non-german car which takes abuse like a champ!

It's a 98 Almera, farmer's spec with 256k on the odo. One owner vehicle which cost less than a decent mountain bike.

A great yoke! Once theres no rust on the sills in front of the back wheels and the front impact bar/front cross member(whatever you want to call it) you're on to a winner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Posts just disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

... maybe next time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They don't come standard with ABS.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

No, it's just a holiday runabout

do you not like it ?

Skommando wrote: »
    do you not like it ?

Wouldn't want one as a daily, but it is full of character ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

it has to be very rugged and mechanical though, no assistance what soever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Here's Clio. Not a bad little car. Looking to upgrade in the next few weeks hopefully, to something bigger. Seems like the perfect time to post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Basking in the final 72 hours of being a current reg car.

IMG_20161229_171029.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

back to basics, economy of design, form following function, supreme value and reliability and economic independence grows on you man, trust me . . .you've crossed over to the dark side . . .:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement