Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Larry David: Curb Your Enthusaism

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I dont know...but I've been keeping an eye out for them. I suspect as a fan base grows somebody with some spare time will input them manually- as has been the trend with Seinfeld. I dont think they are available anywhere "officially".

--
    I got your email with your mailing address. I'll try get them in the post by the end of the week. I have some Misc. Jerry and Comedian clips as well- also the full set and interview with Letterman!! I'd say it will be 3 cd's and I'll include the divx plugin just in case you dont have it :)

BTW, I havent watched all of season 3 yet- but what I've seen is pretty good. The Terrorist Attack(ep 5) is really good as is the Special Section (ep 6)

I'd say you'll enjoy them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Cheers mate. :)

Here are some guests who appeared on Seinfeld but also appeared in CYE

Ted and Mary(Louis Mustillo) -Phil (The Strongbox)
    AAMCO (Mike Duffy) - Rudy(The Raincoats)
    The Group(Melenie Smith)- Rachel (The Raincoats) (The Hamptons) (The Opposite)
    Trick or Treat (Danny Breen) guy whom Elaine bought the glasses from (The Scofflaw)
    The Doll (Merrin Dugney) Clerk girl (The Bookstore)
    Shaq (Barry Diamond) Buckles (The Movie)

The love the way LD and others makes references to Sein

The Seinfeld Thing
    Larry's term for his connection to all things Seinfeldian. (The Pants Tent)

The House That Jerry Seinfeld Built
    When Larry's demanding neighbors Dean and Phyliss Weinstock visit, Phyliss says "I'm finally in the house that Jerry Seinfeld built!" Larry adds: "With his own hands, like Jimmy Carter." (The Wire)

Larry on Jerry Seinfeld
    When Phyliss rudely insists upon taping Larry and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss with her camcorder, Larry offers this answer to her question about what Jerry is really like: "He's a eunuch. His testicles were cut off when he was 13 because he was in the Beth Shalom choir. (The Wire)

Ever see The Seinfeld show?

Asks this question to the receptionist thinking he can get a room even though they are booked solid (Beloved Aunt)

The Schmuck/The Yutz/The Idiot
    How Jason Alexander describes George Costanza. (The Car Salesman)

The Jackass Role
    How Jason Alexander describes the role of George Costanza.

Willy Loman
    When Richard sees Larry trying to sell cars, he compares him to the main character in "Death of a Salesman": "What are you, ****ing Willy Loman?" (The Car Salesman)

Ass Man
    After Larry calls out to Wanda, "I'd know that tush anywhere!" Wanda says Larry has a thing for big asses, hence he's an ass man. (Thor)

The Seinfeld Guy
    Shaq's agent calls Larry this when they're introduced; "You're the Seinfeld guy, right?" (shaq)

Show Night Jacket
    Show Night Jacket: Larry's maroon jacket, the one he doesn't want Cheryl to give away because he wore it every show night while he worked on "Seinfeld".
    (The Baptism)

Indian Giver

Jeff Grein accuses LD of being this when he refuses to give back his mothers glasses back (Beloved Aunt)

An East Indian Giver
    When Larry asks Richard for his mantra back, Richard admonishes, "You can't be an East Indian giver."

A Pop-In
    An unannounced visit to someone; Richard pops in to see Larry one night while Larry is meditating.

The last 2 I am pretty sure they are season 3 eps.

I've seen Chets Shirt and The Benadryl Brownie I love in Chets Shirt when David and Danson are constantly fighting, The damaged shirt was like The Red Dot and the endling was very like a Sein ep.

I also love the bonus Sein clips 80p sent me The Jerry and Superman commercial was very funny.

I have watched Club Soda and salt and The Nanny from Hell
    Club Soda and salt has been my fave so far Cheryl's breast being fondled, I found the nanny irritating but the ep was still funny.

That Superman Commercial is real funny. Glad you liked the clips.
    What did you think of Jer's reurn to Letterman ??
    Thats featured in "Comedian" as well- he said it was prolly his most emotionally draining appearance having been off TV for a while.

I love Lettermans introduction...
    "making his firist appearance on Tv since the cancelation of his hit TV show"

--
    Chets shirt is really like the Red Dot
    Its funny when Larry gets smacked in the face by Ted Dansons daughter w/ the baseball bat!!

Club Soda and Salt is prolly one of my favs too :)

I thought his return to Letterman was quite good but do you think thats what he was making a reference to in the CD Jerry on comedy about his timing not being spot on?
    Yeah Chets's Shirt was identical to The Red Dot and also the re gifting and the dentist endling up hating LD like Tim Whately hating Jer funnily enough Larry wasn't there when The Yada Yada aired.

There's a line in The nanny from hell which I like Cheryl is telling Larry about Martine's strange things she said, she enjoys petting horses, wears socks in the bath and never had a good corn dog, the last one is the one which Lary finds the most strangest LOL.
    In Club Soda and salt he tells Cheryl that He's found the prefect sock hehe, I've watched The Terrorist Attack and The Special Section, he only tells Mindy Resier about the attack just to get on her good side, I was lMAO when RL told Larry what Jioaha meant.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smuckers
    I thought his return to Letterman was quite good but do you think thats what he was making a reference to in the CD Jerry on comedy about his timing not being spot on?
    Yeah Chets's Shirt was identical to The Red Dot and also the re gifting and the dentist endling up hating LD like Tim Whately hating Jer funnily enough Larry wasn't there when The Yada Yada aired.

Yep it seems like Larry is a bit of HACK!!!
    He pulls it off good though

--

In Comedian, Jer refers exactly to the fact his timing was bit off. Thats something that Orny Adams says as well in Comedian- he seems like he's following Jer's mantra to the tee!!

The bits that were great in the Letterman set were the, "if you see Carl, will you say hello for ME!?" and then he uses it at the v. end when he was making fun of Jarod- the subway commercial guy. I was rolling around-cos I love Subway food as well :)

Hehe they were good bits. I love the Conan O Brien Sein audition whats the deal wth corn nuts LOL.
    Which has been your fave season of CYE? season 3 is more zanier e.g grave digging but still has that comedic edge.:)

Well done CYE won best comedy and also I read on Tv Tome that DVD's are in forecast but nothing confirmed yet

I've seen some of The Post reaction to The Golden Globes and they were talking to Cheryl Hines woh looked stunning but the reporter screwed up when she asked her how did Larry feel about winning an award? and she responded by saying Larry didn't win but should have.
    BTW the whole Global Globes are being shown Wed at 8 on TV3.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

I read this on teletext this morning and I've been itching to get to a PC in college since then.

There's a pic of Larry here...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/2675855.stm

Surely some of the terrestial channels in Ireland or britain will have to start showing Curb now. The same thing happenned w/ Seinfeld- it took critical acclaim and a few awards for them to realise the error of their ways!!

GO CURB :D

BB4 have got it but thats not available here on digital, I wonder if TG4 will show the third season or will it be snapped by Net2/RTE?

I was dissapointed that they weren't talking much about CYE beforehand it was all Sex and the city sopranos, for best drama I would have gone for 24 not The Shield.

Yep, Curb hardly got a mention in the pre Globes Hype- I noticed that myself when i was looking for info on Sun. Morning.

I havent seen that many pics yet. There are a few thumbnails on wireimage.com but you have to pay to see the full pic:(

--
    I dont think BBC4 has even starting showing Series 1 or Series 2 of CYE yet- but maybe they have only bought the rights for s.3

Its all a little puzzling.

put it this way...
    I'd be rightly pissed off if I didnt have s.3 at my disposal :D

I've got that Loooney tune song in my head from The Nanny from Hell. I was watching more bonus Sein clips, Jerry being transferred to Oz hehe and him playing the role of a history teacher, I saw Elaine's roomate Tina (Siobhan Fallon) as on of the pupils.

• Advertisement

My God that Nanny is such a pyscho.

Thank God Larry bought Jeff all those sponge cakes or Susie would have plummetted to her death.

I love the bit when they're at the R.Lewis screening and Larry starts the argument... FÚCK HUGH!!!

--
    One q....
    Where did the Nanny go to or why didnt they call the police??

Yeah it wasn't revealed what happened to her she was such a headcase.
    hehe I love that scene whne Larry starts fighting with the kid too.
    I was watching The Terrorist Attack again I love the line by Larry when Cheryl says they should go together he repsonds "It seems kind of selfish" Danson has been a great fixture for the season , I love in club soda and salt the way he looks across at Larry while they are tasting the food.
    Larry: "I have found the perfect sock"

I was rolling around the place when I watched that bit in Terrorist Attack when Larry contemplates going to Pebble Beach for some golf for the weekend-

Himself and Cheryl had good Married Couples Chemistry going on there I thought! Her looking discerning and him lloking v. hangdog!! Its a great scene.

The Corpse Sniffing Dog is a good one or should it be The Bra Sniffing Dog, the opening scene when he's interviewing the bald guy was very George especailly when he said when you take the hat off the women will see disapointment. why couldn't he just thank the braudys for the dinner he had the make a big deal about, love the end when he calls Oscar with the whistle.
    "Oscey boy"

Also loved the part in The Special Section when he was using his mother died as an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Curb Your Enthusaism did very well at the Golden Globes.

It a great comedy.

TG4 - You are a Great TV staion - But Show this show again.

• Advertisement

It did v. well indeed Cork :)
    If ppl dont see the show they'll never know about it unfortunately :(

here's 2 pics I've found of cheryl and larry

And Larry...

Krayzee Eyed Killa was excellent, LD really excelled himself in the clothing store why couldn't he just leave it? I was LOL when the pubic hair got stuck in his throat, and I loved when Krayzee eyed came around looking for him. Susie got angry with him very quickly just because he wouldn't take the house tour. What was his obsession with the bubble wrap?
    I taped The globes last night LD's speech was somethingelse

"This is what I have to do to have sex win an award"
    "Its a sad night for the golden globes but quite a goodnight for Larry David"

I missed the CYE award-
    I missed about 45 mins from 9.45 to 10.30-saw practically all the other TV awards :(

I'd heard about the "Sad night" for the GG's reference :)

• Advertisement

Larry Joseph and Mary was perhaps the funniest yet, numerous scenes, him proving to be an unsuccessful tipper, which reminded me of George in The Calzone
    His whole depressed view view on Christmas I actually agree with him regarding the carols hate all that ****, Susie screaming from the window "Wait till I get that four eyed ****" and him trying to redeem himself by getting Joseph and Mary etc only to ruin it by telling Joseph that "Mary has quite a bod on her" At least the pubic hair came out.

Becky: "You ate the lord jesus christ"
    Larry: "I thought he he was a monkey"

FYI the doctor at the beginning of the ep was the doctor in Season 1 Interior Decorator

Was Doria the housekeeper Lupe in The Trip?

The Grand Opening was a sublime series finale, so many good moments Larry's competitivness playing dodgeball, Cheryl and Larry getting stuck in the carwash and all the characters came back from the season and ended up cursing to try and overshadow the chef only Sue meant it "you car wash ****" LOL
    Roll on season 4.:)

how Ironic I was just talking about CYE on BBC4...

Found this on seinwars.com/news
    here...
    HAVE BEEB LEARNED FROM THEIR MISTAKE?

SEINFELD flopped here cos BBC2 threw it away at midnight. Now co-creator Larry David has won a Golden Globe for his new show - the dark but delicious Curb Your Enthusiasm. Have Beeb dimbos learned from their mistake? You decide. Curb starts next month. On BBC4.

S'pose time will tell. Still no news of it appearing on terristial TV :(

I wish channel 4 got it cause no ones going to see it on BBC4, it better go to BBC2.:mad:

Imagine having lunch with LD I would say it would be something along of the lines of him having lunch with John Tyler in The Thong ep.

Did you notice that there are elements ofJerry and Kramer in Larry? E.g in Chet's Shirt (which I watched recently again) he comes up with crazy ideas for the restaurant also his observations are similar to Jerry.

Yep, it was v. like kramer. The whole thing will having "Apple Sauce" on the menu and getting the waitors to wear army type uniforms.

It sounded like one of kramers "make your own pizza" or "oil tanker bladder" schemes!!

[Although as Jerry did admit the Oil tanker thing was a good idea !]

Chets Shirt is one of my favs I must say :)

Chet's Shiry Larry Joseph and Mary and The Grand Opening are my 3 faves from season 3.

You cant forget The Terrorist Attack either...Heh!!??

I mean Larry's conversation w/ Cheryl is "Gold" as Kenny Bania would say :)

• Advertisement

Oh yeah that would be up there too. :)

I was watching The Benadryl Brownie again very funny RL is always looking stressed and is more full of angst than LD.
    :)

I've uploaded the Full CYE Theme onto Seinwars in mp3 format

You can download it here...
    http://seinwars.com/cye/audio/cye-full-theme.mp3

Its about 500kb.

Good to relieve the anxiety of whether we will ever see CYE on our screens in Ireland again...:)

--
    BTW, Dont forget about the Seinwars CYE site that has updated info for Seasons 1 and 2: www.seinwars.com/cye

Sheesh...Spam on the Seinwars Board !?

Never seen the likes of it :p

--

OK Folks theres nothing to see here...Shows Over.

LOL I saw a clip for CYE on BBC1, c'mon BBC2 show it after BBC4 you know you want to.
    www.bbc.co.uk/curb

All is forgiven -> BBC...I luv j00 :p

I think we can finally say thats a definite statement of Intent :D

We'll have to wait and see if it appears on BBC 2.

Originally posted by smuckers
    LOL I saw a clip for CYE on BBC1, c'mon BBC2 show it after BBC4 you know you want to.
    www.bbc.co.uk/curb

I think this post merits a...

Good Work "Nancy Drew" ! :p

Its getting alot of attention in the papers it got pick of the day in the Irish Culture and we can't even get BBC4?

I did a search for CYE on amazon and u can get the pilot way back in 99 but only on VHS damn!!!!!
    I'm gonna try and get Pants Tent and Bracelet from Kazza(if I can actually work it) but I havent had the chance.

• Advertisement

Theres loads of the pre-release Promo Videos available on E-bay from the 1st 2 seasons. Generally, HBO or the TV Networks send a pile of them out to the press etc. who then give them away for free. Then peeps sell them on ebay.

Do a search and you'll see what I mean. Its too difficlut to get them shipped to Ireland though:(

Advertisement