Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there people on this website who would be glad to see Israel wiped out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Where did you get that from? Maybe 50 years ago at the time of Nasser and the Six Days War but Israel and the Saudi/Gulf petro monarchy dictatorships are now staunch allies.

Funny how that worked out isn't it .

Iran got assad -isreal made friends with everyone else

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭Mackerel and Avocado Sandwich

I don't really care. Most Israelis I've met have lived up to certain stereotypes but I've met some nice ones too. Let's face it, if Palestine was freed and became a nation, it'd hardly be a bastion of progress and equality. It'd be another basket case Muslim state that would break into factions and start killing each other. ISIS, The Palestinian People's Front, the People's Front of Palestine, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

We simply cannot coexist peacefully. There is no system that exists or could exist that would prevent people from being sh*tty to each other.

Look at the progress that has been made in Northern Ireland over the past couple of decades. It is perfectly possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭Mackerel and Avocado Sandwich

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Look at the progress that has been made in Northern Ireland over the past couple of decades. It is perfectly possible.

A relatively rich Christian country that speaks English cannot be compared to anywhere in the Middle East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

The creation of the nation of Israel is basically the source of the hate towards it in the Middle East. Palestinians were displaced to create a nation called Israel in 1948. The subsequent annexation of land by the Israeli's has caused further aggravation. From here it feels like the Israeli state views Palestinians as beneath them or being polite second class citizens. Surely Jewish people, of all the people in the world know what it's like to be oppressed. So why do they subject Palestinians to such oppressions. Yes there is a Palestinian state but the Israeli's seem determined to make the lives of their citizens miserable. Gaza is particularly a basket case in terms of living standards.
    I have been to Israel twice and have enjoyed the experience. In many ways it is an impressive country. They have certainly maximised the opportunity the creation of a state gave them. However their attitude towards Palestinians leaves a lot to be desired. Yes some Palestinians have brought terror to the streets of Israel but the Israeli's have wreaked a vastly greater devastation, on Palestine through it's bombing raids. In military terms its David v's Goliath in favour of Israel.
    I certainly would not want Israel to be wiped off the map. It is there now and the Israeli's deserve great credit on many fronts for the modern Israel we see today. However until they change their attitude towards Palestinians they will continue to be hated my many people around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The song does my head in!

Go Cyprus!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nope. I most certainly think Israel has a right to exist and yep am glad it does. However I do not agree nor condone their wholesale plantation by overwhelming force supported by the US to keep driving indigenous people's from their homes and land. I'm also starting to get a pain in my arse with their mouthpieces goto "antisemitism" as a defence. Oh don't get me wrong, the various Palestinian factions with their own supporters are no angels, not by a bloody long shot, but I can understand to a large degree why they get the support that they do and why people would sympathise with their plight.
    ameirecan wrote:
    The UN agreed to establishment of Israel in 1948. Do you disagree with this decision?
    I do not. Do you disagree with the UN resolutions condemning Israel's aggressive expansionist actions down the years? More resolutions than all other countries combined? So I'd be a bit more careful looking to the UN as some sort of moral and political authority for your position. It goes both ways.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Gatling wrote: »
    Funny how that worked out isn't it .

Iran got assad -isreal made friends with everyone else

We're friends with brutal dictatorships, yay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Ipso wrote: »
    Well in the 1930's and 40's there were reasons for people leaving Europe?

And in the 50s and 60s and 70s and 80s and 90s and 00s ... so they did, and they moved to many different habitable parts of the planet.

There is one, and only one, reason why people from all over the world were - and continue to be - encouraged to settle in a tiny part of the Middle East (and if you're not a paid-up member of the Chosen People, you can stay on the other side of the wall, thanks very much).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    No, but I wouldnt mind seeing Netanyahu disappearing.

He seems to be some piece of work alright. He's also the ugliest looking man I've ever seen in my life, he make's Dr. PHIL look attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

ameirecan wrote: »
    It has taken advantage of the civil war in Syria to establish military installations closer to the Israeli border in preparation for attacks like we saw recently.

Has not every country in that region + many of the world's big powers (US, Russia) been involved in what is going on in Syria + "taken advantage" of the situation where they can?

Israel has bombed Syria several times over the past few years. Israel has also I think given money and weapons to the various "Islamist" rebels in Syria to oppose Iran and also because having Syria quite weak and unstable is a net benefit in their calculus.

As regards Iran itself, Israel has been strongly warning the US about Iran's "WMDs" + urging a preemptive US attack on Iran [Iraq mark II!] for a least a decade now [to try & turn it into another weak, failed state].
    Are there people on this website who would be glad to see Israel wiped out?

There's probably some (not naming any handles!) but none have posted here yet I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

After going to Isreal I realised it's entirely different then what I saw/heard on the news. I use to follow a lot RT 'news' when I was younger and thought Isreal was just an evil place who wanted to wipe out Palestine. After realising RT is Russian propaganda I really wanted to see how it really was in Isreal.

After visiting the country and realising it's a very diverse place with massive differing opinions from strong jewish beliefs to barely connected jewish beliefs and like wise with muslims, I believe Isreal is a great place for anyone who lives there whatever religion or race they are IMO. You can be who or what you want there. As one of the gay muslims told me 'it's the only safe place in the middle east for them'. While a lovely jewish gril was telling the first time they meet someone from a different faith was in university (similar to our religious catholic/protestant schools) showing they know they need to work on better intergration within the communites. There was a big want to just get on with everyone and from what I felt no one on either side wanted to fight but just get on and lot has to do with the leaders of every side being slightly extreme.

It is a lovely place to visit if people would try without prejudice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

moloner4 wrote: »
    After going to Isreal I realised it's entirely different then what I saw/heard on the news. I use to follow a lot RT 'news' when I was younger and thought Isreal was just an evil place who wanted to wipe out Palestine. After realising RT is Russian propaganda I really wanted to see how it really was in Isreal.

After visiting the country and realising it's a very diverse place with massive differing opinions from strong jewish beliefs to barely connected jewish beliefs and like wise with muslims, I believe Isreal is a great place for anyone who lives there whatever religion or race they are IMO. You can be who or what you want there. As one of the gay muslims told me 'it's the only safe place in the middle east for them'. While a lovely jewish gril was telling the first time they meet someone from a different faith was in university (similar to our religious catholic/protestant schools) showing they know they need to work on better intergration within the communites. There was a big want to just get on with everyone and from what I felt no one on either side wanted to fight but just get on and lot has to do with the leaders of every side being slightly extreme.

It is a lovely place to visit if people would try without prejudice :)

Did you visit Palestine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We're friends with brutal dictatorships, yay?

Quite the opposite there are brutal dictatorships

Which neither side seems to have an end game ,

It's a Iran Vs Israel
    Iran Vs Saudi
    Iran Vs Jordan
    Iran Vs America
    Iran Vs Iraq
    Iran Vs turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

And the media talk about Russian bots online.
    Paid shills.?

I dislike Israel, i dislike Jews. Even beyond their treatment of Palestinians , they're an enclosed weirdo cult ..
    Theres a reason israel isnt recognised by U.N

Here comes the ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

You'll have something to boast about on Stormfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

You know for the amount of defending of Israel I've done on this site over the past few years (twas the reason I registered - debate was getting stale elsewhere) I really should be owed like a few million in back pay surely?

As for what to do with Israel today, I certainly wouldn't see it disappear but I definitely think they (and the Palestinians) have lost sight of the urgency of an enduring peace deal. Israel needs to cut the crap, reach a deal with the Palestinians on which settlements are to remain and which are to go, agree a border and let the Palestinians have a state (or two which may need to be the case) that the Palestinians can in turn police effectively, to ensure there isn't a Gaza 2.0 situation. I know people like to think mass movements of people either into or out of Israel are viable but realistically they are pipe dreams, and far less insidious than the kind of small scale movement the settlement process entails - all the more reason to aggressively pursue a peace deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I would wipe out this thread

Overheal wrote: »
    I would wipe out this thread

Wouldn't worry about it, posts like his tend to 'disappear' reasonably quickly, along with all responses to them. Ironic that it should happen in a thread about Israel and the kind of nonsense you normally hear about Jewish conspiracies - wait, maybe they're onto something :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wouldn't worry about it, posts like his tend to 'disappear' reasonably quickly, along with all responses to them. Ironic that it should happen in a thread about Israel and the kind of nonsense you normally hear about Jewish conspiracies - wait, maybe they're onto something :eek:

Oh if you’re into that I’ve archived a good read for you over in the conspiracy theories forum. Can’t miss it. Well, I don’t.

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh if you’re into that I’ve archived a good read for you over in the conspiracy theories forum. Can’t miss it. Well, I don’t.

I can only take these conspiracy theories in small amounts - in After Hours thrashing the occasional commonly held piece of juvenile naivete is like a justly applied biffing on a miscreants nose; on the conspiracy theory forums I suspect I'd be overrun like it's the zombie apocalypse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It is gas that people make debate on this rather than just let the op have no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I can only take these conspiracy theories in small amounts - in After Hours thrashing the occasional commonly held piece of juvenile naivete is like a justly applied biffing on a miscreants nose; on the conspiracy theory forums I suspect I'd be overrun like it's the zombie apocalypse.

After Hours is like the premium lounge for the upper echelons of Mensa when compared to the Conspiracy Theory forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ameirecan

Congrats to Israel on winning the Eurovision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The only issue I have with Israel is their Eurovision song. Otherwise, they're sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Iran has openly and repeatedly called for an end to the existence of the Jewish state. It has taken advantage of the civil war in Syria to establish military installations closer to the Israeli border in preparation for attacks like we saw recently. I can't imagine the terror of having another state hell bent on your eradication. Reading some of the posts on here through it sounds like some people would welcome it.

Iran hasn’t taken any advantage of your so-called Syrian civil war (it’s not a civil war when foreign militaries are involved).

Iranian military are in Syria at the invitation of the UN recognised Syrian government. US military is in Syria breaking international law, basically as an occupying force-don’t expect this to be mentioned on BBC or Sky “News”.

Israeli bombing of Iranian military in Syria are war crimes. Imagine Iran bombing US military installations in Saudi Arabia.

As for wiping Israel off the map? Way to load up the debate. No mention of Israel wiping Palestine off the map. No mention of the Likud charter dedicated to eradicating Palestine. No mention of the continuos ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by Israeli terrorists in the occupied West Bank.

The UN decided Israel was to be established after WWII.

It would have been nice in the interests of democracy and fair play that they let the natives vote on it.

But in the era of the white man’s colonial power, the Palestinians were deemed subhumans, unworthy of any consideration. Their homes and land stolen. Ethnically cleansed, raped and murdered by Jewish extremists, well armed and well trained.

But yeh, let’s focus on Israel the victim. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

No

This apparently conforms to Betteridge's Law of Headlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Iran hasn’t taken any advantage of your so-called Syrian civil war (it’s not a civil war when foreign militaries are involved).

Iranian military are in Syria at the invitation of the UN recognised Syrian government. US military is in Syria breaking international law, basically as an occupying force-don’t expect this to be mentioned on BBC or Sky “News”.

Israeli bombing of Iranian military in Syria are war crimes. Imagine Iran bombing US military installations in Saudi Arabia.

As for wiping Israel off the map? Way to load up the debate. No mention of Israel wiping Palestine off the map. No mention of the Likud charter dedicated to eradicating Palestine. No mention of the continuos ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by Israeli terrorists in the occupied West Bank.

The UN decided Israel was to be established after WWII.

It would have been nice in the interests of democracy and fair play that they let the natives vote on it.

But in the era of the white man’s colonial power, the Palestinians were deemed subhumans, unworthy of any consideration. Their homes and land stolen. Ethnically cleansed, raped and murdered by Jewish extremists, well armed and well trained.

But yeh, let’s focus on Israel the victim. :rolleyes:

The Mick Wallace of boards has spoken!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

those who were actually born in israel, the israel as per the 1948 borders, have a right to stay there. those born on occupied land who have israely citizenship, must get off that land. israel must stop it's illegal occupation and return all land, and go back within it's border.[/quote]

Would that include the thousands of Arab Israeli citizens as well?
    Guess it would as they are Israeli as well.
    Or maybe you just mean Jews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Advocating for the 'wiping out' of a nation, probably wouldn't be good for world peace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,174 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Madagascan wrote: »
    those who were actually born in israel, the israel as per the 1948 borders, have a right to stay there. those born on occupied land who have israely citizenship, must get off that land. israel must stop it's illegal occupation and return all land, and go back within it's border.

Would that include the thousands of Arab Israeli citizens as well?
    Guess it would as they are Israeli as well.
    Or maybe you just mean Jews?[/QUOTE]

anyone outside the 1948 borders must be put back within the 1948 borders.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Wibbs wrote: »

I do not. Do you disagree with the UN resolutions condemning Israel's aggressive expansionist actions down the years? More resolutions than all other countries combined? So I'd be a bit more careful looking to the UN as some sort of moral and political authority for your position. It goes both ways.

...resolutions all on the same issue. While other problems have eventually been solved to one extent or other - Angola, Apartheid South Africa & Rhodesia - Israel has continued on with it's expansionist agenda, getting further in breach as time goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

It should be nuked for that eurovision entry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Do I want to see the bulwark of western civilisation fall?

No is my answer

lol. I suppose it's keeping up the colonial bullshhit of Western Civilisation.
    You think the Israeli government spend money and resources to send people onto insignificant Irish internet sites with dwindling numbers to spread propaganda? Do you actually believe this or are you just trolling?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_diplomacy_of_Israel

no, just taken from where it is and split, 33.33333% smack bang in the USA, 33.33333% smack bang in Milton Keynes and 33.33333....% in Frankfurt.... No lives lost just a postal address issue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Or maybe you just mean Jews?

You have further shown yourself as a vile antisemitic dullard by (thankfully) being the only person to thank a post agreeing with the wiping out of an entire nation.

You're an absolute classless joke on every fora you partake in.

Mod: Banned for persistent personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

rusty cole wrote: »
    no, just taken from where it is and split, 33.33333% smack bang in the USA, 33.33333% smack bang in Milton Keynes and 33.33333....% in Frankfurt.... No lives lost just a postal address issue..

Miami. Then again that's the south so they might be better off where they are.

You have further shown yourself as a vile antisemitic dullard by (thankfully) being the only person to thank a post agreeing with the wiping out of an entire nation.

You're an absolute classless joke on every fora you partake in.

What EOTR thanked
    Yes, but bloodlessly.

So that'll be a no, essentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Who would want that? There are millions of innocent israeli children and probably millions of israelis who dont agree with what their government and army are doing to palestinians. Everyone just wishes for a total change to how the israeli government treats palestinians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

wakka12 wrote: »
    Who would want that? There are millions of innocent israeli children and probably millions of israelis who dont agree with what their government and army are doing to palestinians. Everyone just wishes for a total change to how the israeli government treats palestinians

Nobody treats the Palestinian people worse than the Palestinian leadership.

It is odd that their plight is always blamed on Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Nobody treats the Palestinian people worse than the Palestinian leadership.

the more Palestinians suffer, the worse Israel looks. Therefore it's in their interest for the ordinary Palestinian to be as miserable as possible

goose2005 wrote: »
    the more Palestinians suffer, the worse Israel looks. Therefore it's in their interest for the ordinary Palestinian to be as miserable as possible

There is a very easy solution to that and yet we see the exact opposite from Israel. The likes of Bibi need the awful Palestinian leadership to keep themselves relevant. The end result is two populations getting ****ed over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Iran has openly and repeatedly called for an end to the existence of the Jewish state. It has taken advantage of the civil war in Syria to establish military installations closer to the Israeli border in preparation for attacks like we saw recently. I can't imagine the terror of having another state hell bent on your eradication. Reading some of the posts on here through it sounds like some people would welcome it.

As boards resident crypto islamofascist I think it falls on me to say.......Wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

41 Palestinians massacred by the apartheid state of Israel so far today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

jihadis gonna jihad

but then, they are paid to attack the border fences and it's not like the billionaires running Hamas care about giving their people something more productive to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Israel is being attached by 35,000 people at the moment.
    Hamas terrorists have fired shots at the IDF.
    At least one bomb has exploded.
    Petrol bombs and other weapons are being used.
    Israel will not use Water Pistols in defence and Hamas know and rely on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Madagascan wrote: »
    Israel is being attached by 35,000 people at the moment.
    Hamas terrorists have fired shots at the IDF.
    At least one bomb has exploded.
    Petrol bombs and other weapons are being used.
    Israel will not use Water Pistols in defence and Hamas know and rely on that.

Source?

• Advertisement
Advertisement