Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Where is Carrie Crowley, herself from the Morbegs?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Where is Carrie Crowley, herself from the Morbegs?

She was on Fair City up to lately. Think she's gone now.

sligojoek wrote: »
    She was on Fair City up to lately. Think she's gone now.

Oh right. Once you star in FC you really have no further left to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Oh right. Once you star in FC you really have no further left to fall.

Reality TV-that's all that awaits you after FC.

Where did barry Lang go to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Where did barry Lang go to?

Became a pilot I think

Maybe you wouldn't call them celebrities as such but the Dundon and McCarthy families were in every irish newspaper and rte news back in the day.
    I've always wondered where they went to? Did they kill each other off? All in prison? Maybe they moved away or reached some agreement among themseles about the drug trade in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Maybe you wouldn't call them celebrities as such but the Dundon and McCarthy families were in every irish newspaper and rte news back in the day.
    I've always wondered where they went to? Did they kill each other off? All in prison? Maybe they moved away or reached some agreement among themseles about the drug trade in Limerick?

Wayne and John Dundon both jailed for separate murders along with a few of their flunkies.

Wayne and John Dundon both jailed for separate murders along with a few of their flunkies.
    So the McCarthys took over then?

So the McCarthys took over then?

Are they going to be on Dancing with the Stars? Or Living with Lucy?

:D

• Advertisement

Are they going to be on Dancing with the Stars? Or Living with Lucy?

:D

Stars behind bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Callum Best ?

Radio5 wrote: »
    Callum Best ?

He turns up like a bad smell-he'll be back somewhere.

Last time he was on TV plugging a book. He'll probably do some show about his dad again.
    HE sure did love milking the Best name.

Does anyone have a bead on the eccentric priest Fr Horan and comedian Alison Spittle, did she go off to break into America or was that someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Does anyone have a bead on the eccentric priest Fr Horan and comedian Alison Spittle, did she go off to break into America or was that someone else?

I would say poor Fr Horan is somewhere where he has proper care. Alison Spittle? a bit too generous with the celebrity title. How about one hit, no one attempt wonder. She should be confined to the typing pool in the department of going nowhere fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Tragic delusions of grandure. About as funny as a burning orphanage and witty as a bucket of fish heads.

I would say poor Fr Horan is somewhere where he has proper care. Alison Spittle? a bit too generous with the celebrity title. How about one hit, no one attempt wonder. She should be confined to the typing pool in the department of going nowhere fast.

Horan's on twitter... very disturbing posts. He's not a priest anymore, he got defrocked.

Maeve Higgins tried to break the US. As did Joanne McNally. Maeve used to be funny until she went 'woke'... now she's a proverbial haemhorroid.

What's even worse is, she'll badmouth other comics material, at the same shows as them.
    I've seen other comics do that-but they don't do it to any 'one' comedian.
    Tragic delusions of grandure. About as funny as a burning orphanage and witty as a bucket of fish heads.

Ah the 'mock religous figures to be woke' stuff. Won't even attempt to make jokes about Mohammed.
    Yeah, I know it's said, over and over, but they are absolutely TERRIFIED to tackle anything minority related-while espousing about their token 'gay best friend'.

Horan's on twitter... very disturbing posts. He's not a priest anymore, he got defrocked.

Father Neil Horans family are from Kerry and have tried to "contain" him. He must have been in college and had an early taste of what was being planned for us. I havent seen his twitter feed but because he is mad doesnt mean he is wrong.

Father Neil Horans family are from Kerry and have tried to "contain" him. He must have been in college and had an early taste of what was being planned for us. I havent seen his twitter feed but because he is mad doesnt mean he is wrong.

He's the chap who disrupted a F1 race and Olympic marathon because of some biblical "message". What is he right about?

• Advertisement

He's the chap who disrupted a F1 race and Olympic marathon because of some biblical "message". What is he right about.

Probably that something evil had crept into the church and had manifested. Those young fellas who were dumped into the seminary and monastrys were preyed up. That is where the madness comes from. Terrible things were done to those young lads. You wonder how they ended up that way?

Probably that something evil had crept into the church and had manifested. Those young fellas who were dumped into the seminary and monastrys were preyed up. That is where the madness comes from. Terrible things were done to those young lads. You wonder how they ended up that way?

That argument would hold more water if he hadn't stood outside the court room as Rolf Harris was on trial, and calling on the Queen to exonerate Harris.

https://www.joe.ie/news/pic-infamous-former-priest-neil-horan-spotted-supporting-rolf-harris-outside-court-london-575198

Harris was accused of assaulting children.

Neil Horan doesnt' talk about any of that crud. He's not coming after the church or anything that... 'heroic' I guess.

Instead he's preaching 'End of days' or calling on God to come forth and clean up the planet of it's sins. Hating on 'Jews for marrying gentiles'... as well as claiming they're betraying their heritage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mark_Crowley

Rory from Wanderly Wagon , didn't he go off to save the moon from cheese eating mice or something ?

yes and I was devstated! :)

Instead he's preaching 'End of days' or calling on God to come forth and clean up the planet of it's sins. Hating on 'Jews for marrying gentiles'... as well as claiming they're betraying their heritage.

If you can't help the poor man then let him alone. Its questionable if he was every .... mentally sound. He came from a time when there was universal acceptance into the priesthood and that has strictly changed with much more psychological profiling and criteria to entering the office.

Best leave the poor man be as he is nearly 90. I hope people will be that kind to me if I ever reach that age.

yes and I was devstated! :)

He went on to do the voiceover on nearly every Irish public information film of the 70s/early 80s.

Maeve Higgins tried to break the US. As did Joanne McNally. Maeve used to be funny until she went 'woke'... now she's a proverbial haemhorroid.

What's even worse is, she'll badmouth other comics material, at the same shows as them.
    I've seen other comics do that-but they don't do it to any 'one' comedian.

Ah the 'mock religous figures to be woke' stuff. Won't even attempt to make jokes about Mohammed.
    Yeah, I know it's said, over and over, but they are absolutely TERRIFIED to tackle anything minority related-while espousing about their token 'gay best friend'.
    I'm nearly certain she's doing the voiceover in the new BOI ad, she sounds a bit posher now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I'm nearly certain she's doing the voiceover in the new BOI ad, she sounds a bit posher now though.

Maeve Higgins sister is a chef / influencer now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

He went on to do the voiceover on nearly every Irish public information film of the 70s/early 80s.

Think he did the voiceover of Old Mr. Brennan too.

If you can't help the poor man then let him alone. Its questionable if he was every .... mentally sound. He came from a time when there was universal acceptance into the priesthood and that has strictly changed with much more psychological profiling and criteria to entering the office.

Best leave the poor man be as he is nearly 90. I hope people will be that kind to me if I ever reach that age.

He's 72-if he's that unwell he should be in a nursing home.

They always come back...Des Bishop tried to crack China-wasn't long crawling back. Maeve talks about 'white male privilege' *sh**e', and then lies to get her dog on a plane, claiming it's a comfort dog (it's not).
    Planes only allow one guide dog/ 'helper' dog (for someone who has seizures or autism)/ etc on a plane or train at one time. Two dogs might fight or get aggressive.

3rd Wave feminists... the most inept and immature people you'll ever meet.
    doughef wrote: »
    Maeve Higgins sister is a chef / influencer now ?

She's been that way for years-used to have a show with Maeve and herself called 'Fancy Vittles'.

https://presspack.rte.ie/2009/09/12/maeve-higgins-fancy-vittles-new-series/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Steve Staunton.

Advertisement