Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Are there any plans to do anything with the space above the units along the windows in T2 (Slaney etc)? Would be a low ceiling but there's a railing around the edges and a floor laid out. T2 airside is badly lacking in food options so it'd be nice to get something more

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

Are there any plans to do anything with the space above the units along the windows in T2 (Slaney etc)? Would be a low ceiling but there's a railing around the edges and a floor laid out. T2 airside is badly lacking in food options so it'd be nice to get something more

+1 Massive waste of space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Rawr

L1011 wrote: »
    That area of T1 is grim beyond belief; so anything at all to make it a bit livelier would be good.

+1
    I landed back in Dublin a few months ago from an early morning flight, planning to have a late breakfast / early lunch in T1 land-side while I waited for my bus.

It was pretty grim compared to what I remembered. I found myself grabbing a pre-wrapped sandwich and trying to get an earlier bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Go upstairs to where Burger King is and it’s beyond appalling.

what's worse is that the T1 Burger King is an SSP unit and it is pretty much the worst outlet in the whole airport. I remember being so appalled at the filth and poor service there that I tried to find a way to contact them to complain and ended up on an SSP website. Now they've gone and given them a contract for 24 outlets....beggars belief.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    what's worse is that the T1 Burger King is an SSP unit and it is pretty much the worst outlet in the whole airport. I remember being so appalled at the filth and poor service there that I tried to find a way to contact them to complain and ended up on an SSP website. Now they've gone and given them a contract for 26 outlets....beggars belief.

I complained on Twitter to the DAA about an SSP outlet and got told they'd contact me about it - took my mobile number and everything. Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

If they are a UK group watch the prices take flight! UK airports are considerably dearer than Dublin when you take in the price of local offerings in the more regional airports of the UK (Bristol, Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester etc.).

Now they will have a near monopoly on selling food and alcohol in the airport. What's wrong with a nice bit of healthy competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Rawr

L1011 wrote: »
    I complained on Twitter to the DAA about an SSP outlet and got told they'd contact me about it - took my mobile number and everything. Nothing.

I once had to complain about their SOHO coffee concession in what was known as Peir D in T1. I wrote about this incident here on Boards in detail a long while back. Basically in that case their normally slow / terrible service had escalated to a staff member being openly hostile to my wife.

Angered by this I complain in detail to them, and make a point of letting them know that Leopold was better attended and certainly run than their SOHO nonsense.
    Sure enough a reply came from SSP themselves. They apologize, promise investigation, and offer some kind of SOHO voucher which we never actually got....not that we'd even be inclined to use it.

SSP are certainly wanting of improvement in various departments I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Could be worse, could be going to wig wearing ex-politicos.
    I can see how this might affect some but I have a rule of not buying anything in airports if I can avoid it at all.
    DAA can't raise passenger charges as they'd like so they will try to make money elsewhere.
    Hopefully they have some sort of SLA agreements in place to prevent shabby service.
    It would be hypocritical of me to complain about high passenger charges, preventing them from being introduced and then complain about them sweating the assets in another manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    what's worse is that the T1 Burger King is an SSP unit and it is pretty much the worst outlet in the whole airport. I remember being so appalled at the filth and poor service there that I tried to find a way to contact them to complain and ended up on an SSP website. Now they've gone and given them a contract for 24 outlets....beggars belief.

Isn’t Soho also under the SSP banner? That ‘coffee shop’ has to be the worst shop in Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I wonder with the ongoing Coronavirus scenario in China, will CP delay restarting HK/Dub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

I wonder with the ongoing Coronavirus scenario in China, will CP delay restarting HK/Dub?

It's delayed to 1 July.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rawr wrote: »
    I once had to complain about their SOHO coffee concession in what was known as Peir D in T1. I wrote about this incident here on Boards in detail a long while back. Basically in that case their normally slow / terrible service had escalated to a staff member being openly hostile to my wife.

Angered by this I complain in detail to them, and make a point of letting them know that Leopold was better attended and certainly run than their SOHO nonsense.
    Sure enough a reply came from SSP themselves. They apologize, promise investigation, and offer some kind of SOHO voucher which we never actually got....not that we'd even be inclined to use it.

SSP are certainly wanting of improvement in various departments I feel.

That reminds me - they were advertising ex-VAT prices on their signage a few years ago. Completely illegal in a consumer environment. Complained about that too but it went to a black hole.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Apologies if wrong thread, have Ryanair stopped flying to Gran Canaria? I can't find flights for November to Las Palmas? They have flights to all other Canary Islands up? tia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

pc7 wrote: »
    Apologies if wrong thread, have Ryanair stopped flying to Gran Canaria? I can't find flights for November to Las Palmas? They have flights to all other Canary Islands up? tia.

no, they just closed the bases, the winter 2020 schedule may not be fully completed...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    no, they just closed the bases, the winter 2020 schedule may not be fully completed...

That's great thank you, will keep an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.independent.ie/business/world/juneyao-postpones-dublin-china-route-but-experts-more-bullish-on-curing-coronavirus-38930352.html

Another postponement. In fairness, with the virus I can understand why Cathay and now Juneyao are doing this. Also, with the riots in HK last year and the Shenzhen cancellation have meant DUB's history with Chinese routes these short couple of years has been turbulent to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The Air France Cargo flight that comes in. Does the crew stay in Dublin or is there a 2nd crew on board to fly it on to CDG?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

The Air France Cargo flight that comes in. Does the crew stay in Dublin or is there a 2nd crew on board to fly it on to CDG?

Usually same crew carry on to CDG, same when they route ORD-PIK-CDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ongarboy wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/business/world/juneyao-postpones-dublin-china-route-but-experts-more-bullish-on-curing-coronavirus-38930352.html

Another postponement. In fairness, with the virus I can understand why Cathay and now Juneyao are doing this. Also, with the riots in HK last year and the Shenzhen cancellation have meant DUB's history with Chinese routes these short couple of years has been turbulent to say the least!

Thankfully Dublin is not quite as exposed as other airports to these postponements in terms of direct connectivity.

Other airports are going to take more significant hits.

But if this problem remains out of control the global economy will take a severe hit which, of course, will hit traffic numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Can anyone tell me if Cancun is back on this summer ?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me if Cancun is back on this summer ?

It was dropped last summer IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Hey everyone.
    Could somebody tell me if the Aer Lingus lounge in T2 does a Irish breakfast ?Have an early flight to Bilbao . I have only ever used the lounge on a afternoon/evening flight before.

I flew early to New York and 51st Green if I recall had small buffet style. Sausages , bacaon etc. Wasn't the best mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    Could somebody tell me if the Aer Lingus lounge in T2 does a Irish breakfast ?Have an early flight to Bilbao . I have only ever used the lounge on a afternoon/evening flight before.

I flew early to New York and 51st Green if I recall had small buffet style. Sausages , bacaon etc. Wasn't the best mind!

Pretty sure no. Its a very crappie lounge. Some muffins is the best you can hope for i think.

As you rightly say 51st does have a proper offering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Hey everyone.

Brown bread, scones, fruit and biscuits usually but I think there may be a pancake machine - certainly nothing passing for an irish breakfast.

thebiglad wrote: »
    Brown bread, scones, fruit and biscuits usually but I think there may be a pancake machine - certainly nothing passing for an irish breakfast.

That's in the 51st & Green lounge AFAIK. Even the Dublin Airport T1 lounge is better than the Aer Lingus one, although there's still no hot food.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

VG31 wrote: »
    It's delayed to 1 July.

No decision has been made as of yet. As things stand its March 28, its a very fluid situation of course.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I was shocked the last time I was in 51st & Green that there was hot food in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anyone been in the new East Lounge yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Anyone been in the new East Lounge yet?

Yes, prior to an EK flight. I had a very respectable breakfast — best I’ve had in a Dublin lounge.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Hey everyone.

Yup, all you get in the Aer Lingus lounge is a continental breakfast basically. Some Special K, and a few pastries.

Advertisement