Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heat Pumps Performace - Request Feedback on installations

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Mine gets over 50 every night of the year, for hot water tank. Panasonic aqurea 5kw monobloc 3.5 years installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭idc

Saw the same online recently, Vattenfall in Netherlands releasing a new product and suggesting would be useful for UK (and Ireland as we have similar gas/oil boiler +rads setups), quick google revealed other companies (daikan, Hitachi, LG, Panasonic) also have high temperature heat pumps of 60-80 degrees.

I would switch if the price was right, the only thing that concerns me is the price of daytime electricity, will the HP switch in and out like it does for oil/gas or will it be running 24x7 etc ? I do have night meter also which I use for charging the car + dishwasher, washing machine and the immersion in the warmer months.

The obvious concern would be that I'd probably have to upgrade to 16 Kva or even higher, 3 phase would be good as I can use the car charge point on 3 phase and it will support 11 kw on 3 phase, not sure if the HP could work off 3 phase ? Charge point alone is 7.5 Kw but it does have load balancing so if a couple of high loads kick in with the charge point the charge point backs off the power.

Currently in 80's bungalow with original steel radiators and 35 Kw oil boiler, oversized for the house I'm told but it heats up extremely quick. The entire heating needs upgrading, I know I need better insulation and all that but the heating is priority over insulation at this point and if there was a drop in replacement for the oil boiler at a decent price I'd consider it, only cost of install + cost to run on day rate electricity is a concern, if it was going to cost around the same as oil to run a year then I'd consider it, currently using 1.5 - 1 and 3 quarter tanks of oil a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

It switches in and out but with an old house with poor insulation\airtightness it will probably run a lot, so yeah you'll likely have big bills as you'll lose heat stored at night time rate quickly in the day. If you have 4" vents in the rooms even faster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭poker--addict

any recommendations for new pump (ground loop) installers? Doing some shopping around at moment.

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Bellie1

Been googling alot and getting more bamboozled. Ductless MHRV seems to be an option..spoke to company in Dublin today and cost for 4 room house was about 4k and minimal disruption . We have 2 dogs so tbh that's alot of reason open windows..would MHRV help reduce smell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Heat Pumps Ireland are using a Thermia Calibra Eco Ground source pump. Anyone got experience of them or the pump? It’s a Swedish pump.

from a previous post - thermia is danfoss

😎

Advertisement