Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Still waiting. I never thought I’d be nervous about trying to make the October 2018 intake. Two years next month I applied.
    I ring HR every two days to see where I stand and they have zero for me.
    Anyone else starting to flap over this all? .. offers should be out the second week of September. Anyone else in same situation, this thread is gone quiet I just said I’d bang on the window and wake ye up.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Still waiting. I never thought I’d be nervous about trying to make the October 2018 intake. Two years next month I applied.
    I ring HR every two days to see where I stand and they have zero for me.
    Anyone else starting to flap over this all? .. offers should be out the second week of September. Anyone else in same situation, this thread is gone quiet I just said I’d bang on the window and wake ye up.

Can I ask why you are waiting so long, I just did stage 2 last week and they said all going well we could be in the march intake 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

I'm also hopeful for October.. June 2017 campaign, oom 400s, had pct in April failed push pull, repeated in July. Heard offer will be out mid to late September. I have called hrm every week and same story, file is waiting sign off from superior officer and they have no idea of when it might be signed off.. so close now just want confirmation of a date..

Gadaves wrote: »
    Can I ask why you are waiting so long, I just did stage 2 last week and they said all going well we could be in the march intake 2019.

Apparently it’s vetting, but I never lived abroad or anything, no dodgy family members as I lived with my dad alone for 25 years, I actually can’t explain how frustrating it is. I’m in another public service job where I’m kinda reluctant on doing further courses cos I dunno how long I’ll be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Apparently it’s vetting, but I never lived abroad or anything, no dodgy family members as I lived with my dad alone for 25 years, I actually can’t explain how frustrating it is. I’m in another public service job where I’m kinda reluctant on doing further courses cos I dunno how long I’ll be here.

Are you Sept 2016? June '17, low oom under 100, Medical done in Feb and PCT May. Told vetting is outstanding, lived abroad and have family in UK.
    If I don't make the next intake it's 50:50 whether I'll wait til next year. Not getting any younger and can't sit around indefinitely, potentially wasting another year. It's very frustrating for so many, seems no-one could care less tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Gadaves wrote: »

Apparently it states in the FAQs section in the fams material from your campaign that there is still 1000 candidates on the panel from previous campaigns, there has been one intake since then so thats 800 and then another 200 will get offers next month so they will still have 600 candidates waiting for the February/march intake. I'm from the 2017 campaign oom in low 400s I thought I was 100% going to get an offer next month but vetting is still outstanding so I and many like me will be hoping for the spring intake.

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Are you Sept 2016? June '17, low oom under 100, Medical done in Feb and PCT May. Told vetting is outstanding, lived abroad and have family in UK.
    If I don't make the next intake it's 50:50 whether I'll wait til next year. Not getting any younger and can't sit around indefinitely, potentially wasting another year. It's very frustrating for so many, seems no-one could care less tbh.
    I’m September 2016, can’t even remember my OOM it was low 300s or something but surey at this stage I should be one of the lowest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Hopeful for October I'm low 500 oom june 17 everything passed first time passed pct end of June rang HRM only 1 small piece of vetting left. From what I heard they struggled to fill numbers for July

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    Hopeful for October I'm low 500 oom june 17 everything passed first time passed pct end of June rang HRM only 1 small piece of vetting left. From what I heard they struggled to fill numbers for July

I rang HRM today, and got that aswell "there's a little bit of vetting left" hopefully it's just the final thumbs up then file will go to the commisioners office for review. The usual response I had been getting was vetting has not progressed or vetting is outstanding so its giving me some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Doyle93 wrote: »
    I rang HRM today, and got that aswell "there's a little bit of vetting left" hopefully it's just the final thumbs up then file will go to the commisioners office for review. The usual response I had been getting was vetting has not progressed or vetting is outstanding so its giving me some hope.

Exact same as yourself rang today and said still outstanding vetting so hopefully all signed off by October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Doyle93 wrote: »

I heard of lads passing pct on Saturday and getting a call on Tuesday to start in July a week before induction so fingers crossed

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    I heard of lads passing pct on Saturday and getting a call on Tuesday to start in July a week before induction so fingers crossed

Yea you hear that and that they do be short for candidates at every intake even though there's 800 on the panel the vetting must really slow the entire process up.

Is there anything I can do to speed up or to help my vetting, could I call my local station? Or even ring the vetting place? Anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Is there anything I can do to speed up or to help my vetting, could I call my local station? Or even ring the vetting place? Anything?

Nope just sit and wait frustrating as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

600 still waiting apparently ! Thats not including this campaign ! I know a guy waiting on cvetting for another service who rang and was told everything is held up because of the popes visit !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Keenan88

I rang up hrm today as I've everything completed from the June 17 opening and am hoping for a spot in October but vetting is outstanding , I never lived abroad so hopefully it's done soon

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Well, my vetting is still outstanding too. Not holding out any hope for October at this stage. It'll be done when it's done. But the wait is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Well, my vetting is still outstanding too. Not holding out any hope for October at this stage. It'll be done when it's done. But the wait is a killer!

They might tell you vetting still outstanding but a day or 2 later coukd all be back, I know lads who are in and rang up few weeks before intakes wer comfirmed ahs the. Suddenly all was done stay positive good chance you will be in next

Crowlers wrote: »
    They might tell you vetting still outstanding but a day or 2 later coukd all be back, I know lads who are in and rang up few weeks before intakes wer comfirmed ahs the. Suddenly all was done stay positive good chance you will be in next

Cheers. Think I needed to hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Cheers. Think I needed to hear that!

No prob is true head up and stay positive never know how many will drop out not have mediclas passed physicals passed etc. keep positive about that intake is only around the corner

• Advertisement

Crowlers wrote: »

Your right you know, I think when they're stuck for numbers to make up the 200 they get the finger out by calling the beureu and chasing up individual cases. When previous offers were coming out there was blokes on this who rang that morning told vetting is outstanding then got offers suddenly shortly afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

June 17 campaign. OOM 250s. PCT done in July. Rang this morning and said a small bit of vetting outstanding. Hoping for the October intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Is there anyone in the situation where vetting is cleared and they are awaiting a place in the college? I feel they they are just telling everyone who has all stages complete that their vetting is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deiseman17

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Is there anyone in the situation where vetting is cleared and they are awaiting a place in the college? I feel they they are just telling everyone who has all stages complete that their vetting is outstanding.

I feel like they are doing that as well because theres no way vetting should be that long, and it just stops people from calling asking about start dates.

deiseman17 wrote: »
    I feel like they are doing that as well because theres no way vetting should be that long, and it just stops people from calling asking about start dates.

Yea I think they know once they say one persons vetting is cleared the phone will be calling off the hook. Like I know of people they have been saying 'vetting outstanding' and they got a place in the college the next day. That hardly gave the commissioner much time to sign the person off. I don't think all is as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deiseman17

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Yea I think they know once they say one persons vetting is cleared the phone will be calling off the hook. Like I know of people they have been saying 'vetting outstanding' and they got a place in the college the next day. That hardly gave the commissioner much time to sign the person off. I don't think all is as it seems.

Ya i definitely think thats the case because if anyone on here got a date they would have a massive influx of calls within minutes. Just sit tight and wait to be called im afraid. The wait is a killer!

I don't know. I'm from Jan 16. I check in with HRM every six months or so, so I know when they say vetting is outstanding that it is. Otherwise I would have had an offer or the dreaded letter by now! But hopefully your theory is correct and I get an offer for October! That would be great.

I don't know. I'm from Jan 16. I check in with HRM every six months or so, so I know when they say vetting is outstanding that it is. Otherwise I would have had an offer or the dreaded letter by now! But hopefully your theory is correct and I get an offer for October! That would be great.

Not jokin lad if I was you I’d have called every day. I ring every single day and I’m sept 16. I get a different person most days they’re fairly friendly, but cannot answer me what’s up. I’ll be ringing again today at 3pm. I’ve played all with them turning up to everything on time and in form. Passed through all the hoops and this is how you’re treated. Absolute joke.

Not jokin lad if I was you I’d have called every day. I ring every single day and I’m sept 16. I get a different person most days they’re fairly friendly, but cannot answer me what’s up. I’ll be ringing again today at 3pm. I’ve played all with them turning up to everything on time and in form. Passed through all the hoops and this is how you’re treated. Absolute joke.

Ha! Fair play. I think I'd only drive myself and them mental doing that. I might up it to 1 - 3 monthly if I don't get an October offer.

I think an online vetting/sign off tracker with potential intake dates and places filled/confirmed would be the way to go in terms of transparency and freeing up manpower!

• Advertisement

Ha! Fair play. I think I'd only drive myself and them mental doing that. I might up it to 1 - 3 monthly if I don't get an October offer.

I think an online vetting/sign off tracker with potential intake dates and places filled/confirmed would be the way to go in terms of transparency and freeing up manpower!

Yea, they'd need to be thinking of something at this stage. Jan 16 is a massive wait! I'll be gutted if I had to wait that long!

Advertisement