Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

that junction in ennistymon

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

This will fail, why not have a full consultation (maybe a series of meetings) with the people of Ennistymon and find out what they want. They are also stakeholders and should be involved in this process.

Have they also considered the impact this will have on the safety of people going to Linanne's funeral home when they have a removal?

Also this will only solve traffic issues to and from the Ennis side of the town, what about traffic coming to/from the main street?

No doubt they'll want to build an inner ring road part 2 from the cannon's hill and suggest knocking the falls hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Clare CC proposes new route in Ennistymon (RTE News Clip)

Blake’s Corner Ennistymon - Online Poll (Clare People)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Petition here https://www.change.org/p/clare-county-council-move-back-blakes-corner-and-let-the-residents-of-ennistymon-remain-in-their-homes-and-businesses?recruiter=217585006&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-reason_msg

There is also a public meeting in the Falls Hotel tomorrow evening (Fri) at 7.30pm for the community to show support and opposition to the current proposals

Mod Note: Permission has been granted for this petition. All links to petitions need to be approved by the forum mods/Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Its your town, you decide FULL STOP.

Don't just go for the only option the council provides, just because some planner say's so.

You now have the media on your side, use it.
    It's your town. You decide.
    All the best to all.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

Rat invested hole. Should be pulled down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tychoo wrote: »
    Rat invested hole. Should be pulled down

Won't the rats lose out on their investment then? That's hardly fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

My bad on the spelling. Was in The town a few months back didn't know anything about Blake's Corner at the time but thought the buildings were an eyesore and should be pulled down before they fall down. Can not see what benefit they are to the town. To me it looked like the town was in decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i wish the co co would stop pussy footing around

knock them down put in a roundabout, end of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

For a country obsessed with health and safety issues, I'm amazed that this potential death trap has been tolerated. For me, no injury or loss of life is worth a derelict building.
    Knock the fcukin things and let that be an end to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

3 year old tread.
    40 year old problem.
    Simple answer, get rid of cars or derelict buildings.
    Tom.

It's not as if buildings have a pratical use. Get real CC. (County Councilers)
    T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

It's fine and dandy to say "knock the buildings" and ignore the real problem. Clare Co co's hands are tied with them being listed buildings. What the Co co need to do is try to get them de-listed (assuming that's possible) so they can knock them without getting the crusties as well as the department of heritage coming down on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

It's fine and dandy to say "knock the buildings" and ignore the real problem. Clare Co co's hands are tied with them being listed buildings. What the Co co need to do is try to get them de-listed (assuming that's possible) so they can knock them without getting the crusties as well as the department of heritage coming down on them.

Sounds more difficult than colonising Mars-typically Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Traffic signals for controversial Blakes Corner (Clare Herald)

Clare County Council is introducing a temporary traffic signals system on a trial basis at Blakes Corner in Ennistymon to address traffic congestion in the area.

The system will be put in place today Tuesday (15 August) and will require monitoring with a view to optimising its performance in terms of improving traffic flow during peak periods in particular.

The signals will be located on each of the three approaches to Blakes Corner.

Clare County Council is confident the proposed improvement scheme to address traffic congestion at Blakes Corner in Ennistymon will advance to the Planning stage by the end of 2017.

The statement follows extensive consultation with Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) on the optimum design for the scheme which proposes an inner relief road incorporating a new bridge across the Inagh River, 80m upstream of the existing bridge.

Following consultation with An Bord Pleanála, Clare County Council also has been advised that the Part 8 planning process is the appropriate route through which to advance the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Traffic Lights have made it worse queue of traffic coming into Ennistymon from Ennis yesterday was out the Ennis Road for nearly a mile. Added 20 minutes to my trip. I normally turn up at Garda Station/Aldi Junction first time I was held up coming into the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Passed through the traffic light system earlier today. Queues from the Lahinch/Ennistymon town side were short enough but I'd imagine queues on the Inagh/Ennis road were lengthy.

Huge improvement needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Clare County Council to apply for planning for a minor N67 Ennistymon Inner Relief Road scheme to help traffic issues a the existing junction at Blake's Corner

http://www.clare.fm/fe...blakes-corner-works/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I wonder shall this issue go on much longer before something decisive is done? Heading for lengthy queues in and out of Ennistymon again next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Local representatives approved the proposals without discussion at this afternoon’s monthly meeting.
    The plans were proposed and seconded by local Councillors Richard Nagle and Bill Slattery, and passed without any discussion.

http://www.clare.fm/news/blakes-corner-works-get-green-light-council/

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

So what's the timeline now?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Is this project going to happen? Can't find it anywhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement