Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Digs wrote: »
    Mine are driving me batty too!! I’m stuck between enjoying mid term break because I don’t have to get up and out for the school run and counting down the minutes until school is back. She is going crazy being off and taking us all with her!!

Oh I hear you, today was the 1st day that we didn't have anything to do thankfully, kids are drive me crazy but I don't care I have the fire lighting since about 2i even put on movie for the kids and I had 40 winks x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Snap Betsie! We haven’t had to move out all day for a change and have the fire going too. My husband has to work late though so I feel like this day is never ever going to end. I just want the kids in bed so I can eat Halloween sweets in peace haha!

Feel like this child is trying to claw their way out of me, the movements are making me wince, it’s nauseating!!

TMI

So I have lasted till 39 weeks with no piles (normally I do suffer after baby with them not before) just wondering any idea how I can get rid of them and quickly if such a thing is possible,

I'm kinda miserable all day between them and being completely blocked still....

I have a ring cushion that I have always used after baby I have that out for sitting on already,

Ah Betsie you poor divil! I got one late on in baby #2. Discovered it in the shower and there were tears. If I remember correctly my husband went to the chemist (poor chap) and got me something called anusol. It’s a cream. I found it very painful and that took the pain down. Mine disappeared after birth thank god, last thing you need at the moment. I’ve none this time round and feel my Epsom salt baths are helping. Luckily you don’t have much longer to go!!

I didn’t get out of bed until 12 today. It’s been a long time since I did that. Was like a mannequin trying to get out of the bed.

I'm going to my friend's house for a bath tonight she has a massive double jacuzzi bath I can't wait to relax and unwind in it I'm hoping it will help a bit anyway X

How did you manage staying in bed till 12 my hubby got up with the lads at 7 I was up by 8coz they kept shouting up the stairs asking me questions ... I went back to bed for an hour this afternoon alright and I'd gladly go to bed now haha after bath

I'm going to my friend's house for a bath tonight she has a massive double jacuzzi bath I can't wait to relax and unwind in it I'm hoping it will help a bit anyway X

How did you manage staying in bed till 12 my hubby got up with the lads at 7 I was up by 8coz they kept shouting up the stairs asking me questions ... I went back to bed for an hour this afternoon alright and I'd gladly go to bed now haha after bath

Impressive isn’t it!! Was quite proud of myself. It’s ysually the same in our house, husband gets up around 7 with them and I give in shortly after due to noise. Don’t know what happened yesterday but I powered through. Stayed in bed until 10 today and went back for two hours there, he coaxed me out with a bacon bap and coffee. I cannot bring myself to do anything this weekend, so achy and exhausted, I just want to sleep sleep sleep, extremely unlike me, I lost the art of lying in years ago. Even my fingernails hurt. Not ideal but taking the opportunity to stay in bed before himself is back to work.

I hope you manage a bath!! Sooooo nice and comforting. I have the water on for one myself.

God digs that sounds like heaven can I come to your house please :D

Yeah I got my bath it was heaven hated having to drive home after it though I could of done with getting straight into bed after it X

I'm looking forward to the kids going to school tomorrow, I'm coming home and going back to bed, I feel like this baby will be here very soon, I feel like the sweep on Tuesday will get things going please god, I'm very crampy tonight x

God digs that sounds like heaven can I come to your house please :D

Yeah I got my bath it was heaven hated having to drive home after it though I could of done with getting straight into bed after it X

I'm looking forward to the kids going to school tomorrow, I'm coming home and going back to bed, I feel like this baby will be here very soon, I feel like the sweep on Tuesday will get things going please god, I'm very crampy tonight x

• Advertisement

Oh it’d be great to get going yourself! Do your babies generally come late? Are they taking you in Friday at the latest?

I have an apt in HS in the morning and am demanding a plan from them. I need to get an end date! Things have been tough going since last weekend. So crampy and sore.

My Mam is doing the school run and holding onto the small lady for me so I’ll be doing the same as you and straight back to bed!!

I collect the 2 from crèche at 1.30 and Rachel finishes school at 2 so I have the morning anyway,

I collect the 2 from crèche at 1.30 and Rachel finishes school at 2 so I have the morning anyway,

I was referring to their due dates :D are they early or late babas?

Had a good apt. She offered to examine me but I declined today. Will do a sweep if they can this day two weeks and keep me in for a while after, so I’m happy with that in case everything kicks off quick. Crossing everything an exam is all I need. I can cope with two more weeks!

In bed watching Call the midwife in peace and quiet. God bless Granny’s!!

Had a good apt. She offered to examine me but I declined today. Will do a sweep if they can this day two weeks and keep me in for a while after, so I’m happy with that in case everything kicks off quick. Crossing everything an exam is all I need. I can cope with two more weeks!

Haha oops

Rachel was 10days late
    Ruby 2days early
    Andrew 5days late

I'm hoping the sweep will kick stuff off all going well X

I'm out ok no the kitchen watching call the midwife too haha

Haha oops

Rachel was 10days late
    Ruby 2days early
    Andrew 5days late

I'm hoping the sweep will kick stuff off all going well X

I'm out ok no the kitchen watching call the midwife too haha

• Advertisement

Good luck today!!!! Hope something kicks off for you.

I need someone to mind me today, cannot cope already. The two girls woke up like a bag of rats, such screaming and fighting!! I think they were hangry because they’re hyper now and running around like lunatics. I had a tear in my eye watching my husband leave today, so jealous, I hope the milk for his coffee is gone off hahahaha!!

Betsie I hope you’re busy having a baby.....:D

So tomorrow I'm going to meet my baby all going well, had appointment in clinic today and the only slot for induction left was tomorrow morning or Thursday of next week he doesn't want to leave me that long so tomorrow it is ❤️💙 tbh I'm ****ting it I drove the whole way home crying, I think it's just the shock of it all happening so soon x

Ahhhhh Betsie that’s so exciting!!! Woohoo! I can appreciate the shock but you’ve got this, you’re a total pro, no bother to you. Dying to hear the good news tomorrow now, I’ll guess boy for you :D Feet up and something nice for dinner tonight X

The midwife said the same to me, she said I'm experienced at having babies but I don't feel like I am at the moment, once things get going I'll be ok hopefully x

• Advertisement

Ah I understand! They keep saying that to me too. I’m a pro and this one will be zero bother given my track record. I still have to give birth to it!!

The very best of luck, hope you get a good rest tonight. It’s so exciting, you get to meet your baba tomorrow. I’m very jealous!! X

Well I was having a good sleep until my 6 year old came into me crying she had a bad dream, she is happily gone back asleep now and I'm wide awake with knots in my stomach,

I know I'll be ok, I know they will look after me, I know I can do this but God I really don't want to haha, just have to keep thinking of the prize at the end X

You will meet your baby really soon digs you won't feel the time going at all x

Now my 4 year old is in my bed and I can hear my toddler moving around loads in his bed, or the joys, course daddy is snoring away here I have my alarm set for 5.15am don't think I'll need it haha I'll probably still be awake

Ah Betsie I’m thinking of you! You’re going to be absolutely fine. You can do this and you know just how worth it it is too! Have loved chatting away to you for another baba. Let me know how you’re getting on :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Good luck Betsie!I felt like that too, was so tired and just didn't think I could get through it, but I did.You know it just does it by itself-it's more the thought of the effort involved.Hope you have the baby in your arms soon!

Thanks girls so quick update still no baby, have now had 3doses of gel since yesterday morning, I started getting contractions about 2pm yesterday they continued till just after midnight then stopped completely nothing since, my cervix is still the same as it was when I was admitted yesterday no change at all so all the contractions yesterday done nothing at all..... Will be meeting my consultant about 4pm for him to access me himself and make a further plan

Ugh Betsie what a day! You must be exhausted! Hope you managed some sleep. I hope things change this afternoon for you, maybe the consultant will have a magic touch ;)

Crossing everything for baby news soon!

Still no baby :(:(:(

Still no baby :(:(:(

Ah Betsie noooooooo!!! You poor pet!! I keep checking in hoping you have news. What on earth is that monkey up to? You must be dead on your feet :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah betsie!No!I was so sure you'd have had it by now.

• Advertisement

So I can finally announce the arrival of baby Abi Rose weighing in at 8lb 3oz at 2:04 pm today once things started it went very quick less then 3hrs from 1st contraction to delivery with the wait in the end x

Woohoo!!!!! Huge congrats to you and your family Betsie, delighted for ye. You’ve had me glued to boards all day :D
    Lovely name and a nice size too, not big at all. Enjoy every second!!! X

Have really enjoyed chatting away with you on June 16 and November 18. I’ll be wandering about on my lonesome now.

Me next!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

So I can finally announce the arrival of baby Abi Rose weighing in at 8lb 3oz at 2:04 pm today once things started it went very quick less then 3hrs from 1st contraction to delivery with the wait in the end x

Woo hoo!! Congratulations Betsie, delighted for you, fabulous name too.. my little girl is 5 weeks, had her term check on Tuesday. Can't believe how fast she is growing!!

Congratulations Betsie, sigh of relief!!!Well done, lovely baba!

Thanks girls over the moon here with her, waiting on hubby to bring my other kids in now should be here soon can't wait to see them XX

We got home yesterday, so happy to be home, my own bed was amazing last night, still didn't sleep great but was still nice.... I miss strong pain killers paracetamol are just not as good as the difine suppositories they give you in hospital, TMI
    I have stitches (only a few but they are still stingy), piles, an awful case of sciatica on my left side and my back and pelvis are very achy ....

But I still wouldn't change any of it for the world Abi is just perfect we are all so in love with her xx

How are you doing digs?

You sound so happy Betsie!! I am jealous in the best possible way :) I am living for crawling into my own clean sheets with a newborn... bliss.
    What do babas big sisters and brother think of her?

Re the pain would you ask for something stronger? I had a cyst on my tailbone after #2, it was awful but the consultant told me to take whatever I needed, even with breastfeeding. I was on difene for a while. I found all the aches and pains after my second way worse then my first so I’m expecting it to be worse again.

I’m just sitting around, waiting for a baby. Exhausted, sore, really weak and dizzy, headachey - the works!! I’m in with the GPs midwife tomorrow so will see what she thinks. They’re going to try a sweep on Monday so I’m not even considering them not being able to/it not working :D

I want to know what I’m having now!!!’ GAHHHH!!

You sound so happy Betsie!! I am jealous in the best possible way :) I am living for crawling into my own clean sheets with a newborn... bliss.
    What do babas big sisters and brother think of her?

Re the pain would you ask for something stronger? I had a cyst on my tailbone after #2, it was awful but the consultant told me to take whatever I needed, even with breastfeeding. I was on difene for a while. I found all the aches and pains after my second way worse then my first so I’m expecting it to be worse again.

I’m just sitting around, waiting for a baby. Exhausted, sore, really weak and dizzy, headachey - the works!! I’m in with the GPs midwife tomorrow so will see what she thinks. They’re going to try a sweep on Monday so I’m not even considering them not being able to/it not working :D

I want to know what I’m having now!!!’ GAHHHH!!

Yeahbim going to take something stronger, I rang my boss (a dentist) who is going to write a script for me tomorrow for more difine for a couple of days just so I can move around a bit better at home with the others, I had 2days of attempted induction and I found it all quite tough going so I'm just sore and achy and the piles are sore and annoying too just can't Function properly X but I know a week or 2 and I'll be back to normal X

Do you think the sweep will work? Keep me posted I really hope you won't be waiting too long for baby XX

The girls are totally in love with her Andrew is slowly coming around and he will too it's been a hectic week for them too X

Baby Abi Rose Jackson
    8lb 3oz
    09/11/2018
    2:04pm

• Advertisement

Ah she is so gorgeous!! Well done you, what a little dote. Totally worth it all isn’t it.

That is a very handy boss to have, take all the drugs and I hope another week or two sees you right. The piles are a damn curse, try the anusol if you haven’t already.

I really don’t know if the sweep will work. I’ve never had an exam before labour before. My first I was 0cm, had an exam and 30 mins later was 8cm. My second I was 3cm and 37 mins after an exam she arrived. However I was closer to 42 weeks on those two!! I mightn’t be so lucky at 39 weeks. I am having an awful lot of pains etc so I’m hopefully they are doing something.

I’m getting so anxious as the days go on about my waters breaking or something when I’m home alone with the girls. So I’m at least happy they’ll do the exams and see if I’m progressing. They’ll induce me earlier then usual due to the speed of the other two in any case.

So hopefully there will be a baby one way or another soon!! Will keep you updated :)

Have your bags in the car at that sweep appointment Digs, just in case!

shesty wrote: »
    Have your bags in the car at that sweep appointment Digs, just in case!

The doctor advised that and also my husband to come too. At the very least if I’m not getting a baby Monday I am getting a Bewley’s breakfast out of him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Due date is finally here!!! Have midwife appointment in the hospital today and she was suggesting doing a sweep too! Scairy business.... It's been so long coming and overwhelming now that it's here!!!

Welcome baby Abi and best of luck to all others waiting for our bundles xxx

Due date is finally here!!! Have midwife appointment in the hospital today and she was suggesting doing a sweep too! Scairy business.... It's been so long coming and overwhelming now that it's here!!!

Welcome baby Abi and best of luck to all others waiting for our bundles xxx

Thanks so much flandsbieduzie and best of luck to you, do you feel like anything might happen soon or anything X

Digs I have my fingers and toes crossed for you can't wait to hear how you get on X

It's all so exciting

Baby Abi Rose Jackson
    8lb 3oz
    09/11/2018
    2:04pm

Aw she is a beautie x

• Advertisement

Thanks babydoll, how are ye getting on xx

Thanks babydoll, how are ye getting on xx
    Good, had my 6 week check today, I'm healing well & got the all clear to drive 😊

Aw that's brilliant babydoll,. Being able to drive again just be great, I haven't driven in over a week and I'm starting to get cabin fever haha, I'm hoping to maybe feel good enough to break free Friday or Saturday maybe xx

Aw that's brilliant babydoll,. Being able to drive again just be great, I haven't driven in over a week and I'm starting to get cabin fever haha, I'm hoping to maybe feel good enough to break free Friday or Saturday maybe xx
    Ah it is Betsie, I did the school run this morning, it seems like forever since I drove.
    How are you getting on?

Yeah getting on good starting to physically feel better today which is great, I'm dreading the school run again haha can't imagine how I'm going to get 4out the door in the mornings I know once I do it once I'll be grand just the thoughts of it haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement