Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Add a price alert on http://www.camelcamelcamel.com to alert you when the price drops on Amazon for them.

They also show the historical prices each product, so you can tell if you are getting the best bargain

I second this! I have been keeping an eye on price of this bouncer & I got it a good bit cheaper than Smyths thanks to camelcamelcamel! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

The pharmacy on Grafton St has Pregnacare Max at 33% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenny7367

Is there any good offers on bottles. What do ye recommend.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Jenny7367 wrote: »

Snarky answer - breastfeeding!

There's usually a good deal on either Tommee Tippee or Avent bottles on Amazon, check the baby section on the lightning deals. I found my son took the Nuk ones with the latex teats very easily and the Mam ones are convenient because they are easily sterilised in the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I think people often start with Avent as they do starter kits with a few bottles, steriliser etc. I would recommend only getting a handful of whichever bottle you decide to start with as different bottles suit different babies better so you may end up chopping and changing a bit at the start. And not really worthwhile buying the smaller half size bottles, you can use the full size ones from the start and then only need to change the teat as the baby gets bigger. They start to drink more than will fit in the small bottles fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We tried tomee tippee on my first then switched to nuk with much more success.

Considering Mam bottles this time as they can be sterilised individually which is very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We had avent ones on our first but got MAM on our second and they are way better. No need for a sterilizer as they go into microwave themselves. So much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenny7367

What do ye think of the Dr.browns Bottles.

They’re very good if your baby has wind problems or reflux, used them on my first and stopped her getting sick after every bottle due to wind. However they are a pain to clean so unless you need to use them I wouldn’t bother! I didn’t use them on my other two children for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

They leak. Had to return them they were driving me mad. Had the baby soaked.

MAM are meant to be brilliant and can be sterilized in the microwave without a steriliser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I agree. They do leak and it drives me mad. Had them for our first baby as everyone seemed to recommend them. Will be switching for the next baby. Have a Tommy tippee set that we are going to try.

Actually yes they sometimes leak, although I found the knack was not to tighten them too much. Sounds silly but they leaked more the tighter they were closed! Something to do with the vacuum in the straw going through them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

We used Tommee Tippee bottles because I'd got the Starter Kit and the Prep machine. We'd no problems using them. She has teeth now though and loves to chew the hell out of it, so have to change the teat every few days and that costs a fortunes as it's something like 6.50 for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Some cracking deals on Amazon prime, and you can get Tommee Tippee Sangenic nappy bin free as well with order over £10. Only for today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

xpletiv wrote: »
    Some cracking deals on Amazon prime, and you can get Tommee Tippee Sangenic nappy bin free as well with order over £10. Only for today!!

Great thanks. I got refills and a bin for €12!

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

For those that didnt get water wipes at €1.95 a pack via the pantry voucher, they're on sale now (18 pack) for about €1.88 a pack.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/WaterWipes-Baby-Wipes-Sensitive-Packs/dp/B07BZ814NQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

https://www.amazon.com/Breastfeeding-Empowering-Parents-Interactive-version-ebook/dp/B07FS6K9SF/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1532344237&sr=8-7&keywords=jack+newman+breastfeeding

Anyone considering breastfeeding Dr Jack Newman is offering his new book free today for world breastfeeding week, worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Picked up the Medela Harmony in Boots yesterday for €24.74! Handy bit of kit for pumping out and about. Great price

https://www.boots.ie/medela-harmony-light-manual-breast-pump-10197661

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I see Adli have a baby event on the 25th of April... There is nothing online yet, do they do strollers does anyone know (there is a pick of it just wondering is it just for the event or are they going to have one)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Milly33 wrote: »
    I see Adli have a baby event on the 25th of April... There is nothing online yet, do they do strollers does anyone know (there is a pick of it just wondering is it just for the event or are they going to have one)

I don’t think they always have them for the baby events, but they’ve definitely had them in the past

• Advertisement

great stuff might keep an eye on it so, perhaps tis a hint that they will. Looks like a mcclaren style one..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I saw a blogger post some items from the upcoming baby event on Facebook. There was a hauck stroller.

oh do you have the link by any chance

sorry i just found a video there sure that will do they dont look too bad

Have seen the stroller in a few ads but didn’t see any extra details. It’s 54.99 if that helps.
    I think it was some Facebook bargain groups I saw it on but can’t remember exactly where.
    If it’s any help usually the booklets in store have details of future offers way before they appear on the app or online.

I got the booklets today but there was nought on it, just saw a post there on facebook on some like and tis a Mybabie buggy... Really annoying as I dont like the brand just from policy of their as helpful as well something that isnt very helpfull

Milly33 wrote: »

All stores don't always stock the same selection. You can ask the staff, sometimes they might know if they've had it before, in which case likely to sell again.

Great stuff thank you lovely people

Had a quick look and only saw this...
    https://www.aldi.ie/specialbuys/browse-by-date#Mobile%20Coming%20Soon

They are only displaying special buys up to 22 April at the mo, I'd say give it another 2 days and they'll show the special buys for the 24th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Free Phillips advent microwave steriliser from Amazon when you create a baby Wish list and buy £20 worth of stuff off it. Items must be sold and fulfilled by amazon and not third party sellers. Bonus is that generally means free delivery to Ireland. A different gift is due to be offered from the 14th of August so I’ll get my husband to use his account for that one if it’s something we’d use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_bwl_1a1_cta_w?node=17169100031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=5TX40ZN4VKSJ382A7R0M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=6d690d4c-2524-4b83-9eab-3fe1beb34fa7&pf_rd_i=16406629031

Advertisement